014

Heartbreaker II

 

“I finally get to see your face,” Mr. Kim grinned with familiarity as Kai joined them.

“I’ve been very busy with promotions, uncle. I’m sorry; I should have visited you earlier.” Kai said as he sat down.

“No worries, Jongin-ah, I know how busy you kids can get,” The elder shook his head good-naturedly.

“So, how are you lately? You look like you lost weight.”

“Heol, you check on him but didn’t even ask if I was doing okay, or~”

“Okay, okay, how have you been, my daughter?” Mr. Kim rolled his eyes; Maxwell joined them and ran towards Kai.

Mike arrived with the dishes.

“Oppa, plans to stay in Seoul for a while, so I have to check out schools for Maxwell.” Yeoshin spoke, Mike sat down beside her.

“How about a private academy? He can learn a little Korean too.” Kai suggested before helping Maxwell to his chair.

“Want to come together? Then there will be rumors that we’re having a child.” Yeoshin mused.

“That would be good if it weren’t just a rumor.” Mr. Kim piped in, Yeoshin sent him a look, Kai chuckled.

Pa wants a playmate for Maxwell.” Mike added, Yeoshin just picked up her utensils.

Mei, try this. Kai, too.” Mike placed a serving of chicken curry on her plate; Kai nodded and lifted his plate so that Mike could fill it up.

Ge, tomorrow we have that tour around Seoul, but,

“Ah, with Park Hotels. I heard you arranged that with Hyungshik.” Mr. Park spoke, Yeoshin nodded. Kai paused briefly.
Would it be okay with you if we use some of your photos for the project? I mean, you are VP of Kim Group Thailand, and we’re working with~

It’s fine, mei. You didn’t need to ask. Start eating.

Then, auntie, can I go meet Exo too?” Maxwell chimed.

You want to meet everybody?” Kai faced him, he nodded excitedly. Mike smiled before taking a sip of his juice.

“The hyungs are just staying at home. Want to spend the night?” Kai faced Yeoshin.

“You’re asking me that right in front of my father.” She blinked.

“It’s fine with me. Mike and I will be busy arranging things here anyway, he’s moving in tonight.” Mr. Kim shrugged coolly.

“We’ll be taking Maxwell with us too, uncle.” Kai offered.

“Sure, you kids have fun. Take care of Maxwell.”

Ge, pa seems to be selling me off.” Yeoshin nudged her older brother.

Well, it’s about time, mei mei.” Mike chuckled.

“Heol. My family scares me.” She mumbled before going back to her food.

 

 

 

“Goddess gongjunim!” Baekhyun was the one who opened the door for them, Yeoshin grinned before giving the older male a hug.

“Whoa, you all look horrible.” She mused as she stepped in the unit.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at her bopped her forehead playfully.

Hello, angel!” Chen hollered from his room.

“This is the nephew?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned down to meet Maxwell’s gaze.

“I heard we have an unexpected guest!” Chanyeol boomed as he stepped out of his room, slowly most of the members were already in the living room, Yeoshin smiled as she saw Maxwell’s face light up.

“Alright, all Chinese members help your friends.” Yeoshin chuckled before helping Maxwell to the sofa. Tao grinned and plopped down on the carpet beside his feet.

You know them, right? These geges are Exo~

Wolf! Wolf!” Maxwell beamed before raising his arms towards Kyungsoo, Lay and Sehun blinked.

Hello, little wolf.” Tao stretched his palm to him, Maxwell grinned and squeezed his palm back.

“You sure you want to go him? Really?” Suho blinked, Kris chortled.

He likes Wolf a lot.” Yeoshin mused as Chanyeol lifted him up in his arms instead.

You want to play upstairs? Chen ge has a vast collection of stuffed toys.” Kris spoke.

“No, no, here.” Luhan arrived with a big box of toys, a lot of their fans give them plushies and other small items that were for kids, because, well, Exo is composed of kids.

“Did you cook something nice, oppa?” Yeoshin said as she inched closer to Kyungsoo, he looked at her warily before pressing the side of her cheek against his arm.

“Chocopie?” Suho mused.

Mei, I think Maxwell is a little mature than you. We needed to watch over you before, but look at him,” Kris jutted his lips towards the toddler, who was peacefully playing with Sehun, Luhan and Xiumin.

“Heol. Is this dissing Yeoshin time?” She said darkly. Kyungsoo chuckled and just patted her lap.

“I’ll make you something nice. Now let go, goddess.”

She beamed at him before crawling back to the couch.

 

 

Hyungshik swiped his fingers across the screen of his phone.

“No…It’s they always say it’s either Sehun…or Lay, but,” He murmured to himself. Yeoshin was pictured numerous time alone with Lay, Sehun and Kai.

“I don’t think so,” Hyungshik said as he looked at a photo of Sehun and Yeoshin shopping together, Sehun had a black cap and was wearing regular clothes as Yeoshin looked at some clothes.

And then there was a photo of her and Lay, arms looped around each other’s, she chatting happily as they walked around Shinsegae.

Hyungshik’s thoughts went back to the scene earlier, when Kai had caught his arm before he could reach for Yeoshin. The younger male’s grip was tight and his smile measured.

“Then, Kai releasing a statement about him and Krystal lying,” He said as he swiped another photo.

It was a photo of Kai and Yeoshin, the two were seen walking towards SM’s building, she was on the phone as they crossed the street and Kai had one hand on the small of her back. Another photo showed Yeoshin grinning while trying to muss Kai’s styled hair.

“So, it’s Kim Jongin?”

 

 

 

“Whoa, he must really like it.” Yeoshin watched as Maxwell chowed down on the beef.

“I heard your father is in town,” Kris asked her.

“Yeah, he’s at home helping my brother move in. Maxwell is going to live with me for a while.” She nodded.

“She’s excited, but how can they leave a kid with another kid?” Chen pointed out, Kai chuckled.

“Her oppa is there to supervise.” Chanyeol mused.

Maxwell started to stand up and went behind Kai and wrapped his arms around Kai.

Are you still hungry? Want me to take another one for you?” Kai grinned.

Nephew, that’s mine.” Yeoshin blinked, Tao chuckled and just fed her another piece of meat.

“What are you, five?” Kyungsoo mused.

“Jealous goddess.” Baekhyun mused before poking Maxwell’s cheek.

“But, congratulations on the new album, my aliens. I even bought my own copies, one Chinese version and a Korean one.” She said proudly.

“Do you want oppa sign them for you?” Kris mused; Yeoshin stuck her tongue at him.

“But, Joonma,” Yeoshin brushed her hair away from her face.

“About Rion, that…scary fan,”

The table froze, Luhan looked at her.

“I saw her.”

“Where?”

“At my office. She was waiting outside, she even asked one of the security personnel if I was in.”

Kai put his spoon down; he was about to speak when his phone pinged.

“What?!” Suho snapped.

Yeoshin bit her lip.

“But, don’t worry, oppa, I’m safe, I don’t think she would~”

“Yeoshin,” Baekhyun started to speak.

“She would go up to me and~”

“Yeoshin, honey, daughter,” Baekhyun continued, he was holding onto his phone.

“And hurt me, maybe she’s just curious~”

“Goddess, my precious~”

“What is it Byun Baek?” She groaned as she faced him.

“Check the news.”

“Huh?” She blinked.

Oh my god.” Tao muttered.

Maxwell was still chewing on his samgyeopsal.

“Somebody took photos of you and Hyungshik…with Maxwell.” Baekhyun spoke.

“..So? Gege is very open about his son to the public.” She blinked, her eyes went to Kai briefly.

“We know that, so people are assuming that Hyungshik has already met the family and this is somehow a scene of Maxwell hanging out with his future uncle.”

“Ah, isn’t that…that?” Yeoshin pointed towards Maxwell, still clinging onto Kai.

“Ya!” Baekhyun barked, she balked.

“How are you not~”

“It’s baseless allegations, oppa. Hyungshik and I? But I’m right here. I’m even sleeping over, so why are you so worried about it?”

“But you seem close with him, makes me uncomfortable.” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at her, Yeoshin grew amused. She looked up and saw Kai laughing as Maxwell jumped on his lap, her lips quirked up.

“Then, how is this any different from Kai and Krystal?” Sehun asked.

“Well, first thing, I’m not interested in him, Krystal still likes Kai.”

Sehun slowly smiled.

“Very good, other maknae. You passed the test.” He nodded proudly and blew her a kiss.

“What the~”

Kai chuckled and he stood up, he had Maxwell in his arms.

“Let her eat in peace. I’ll help Maxwell wash up.”

Yeoshin beamed at him, Kai just winked at her before leaving.

“We’re still going to talk about it, Kim Yeoshin.” He announced before going to his room.

She winced.

 

“Aigoo, good luck to you, my child.” Suho mused.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++