003

Heartbreaker II

The white BMW pulled over in front of the steel gates, security personnel recognized the vehicle and immediately granted it access.

Yeoshin rested behind the wheel, her slender fingers resting on her lap as she put the car to full stop in front of one of their company’s owned factories.

She saw two of the field managers approaching, she picked up the bags beside her and slid down from the car.

“Director!” They were a little unsure when they saw her, Yeoshin nodded with a small smile.

“I hope I’m not bothering you, I know it’s lunch time.” She said as she offered them the bags.

“You didn’t have to, we were informed you’d come by and visit.” Manager Ko said as he saw the bags’ contents. It was a couple of sandwiches and drinks. She even ordered some homemade kimchi.

“Then, let’s start.” Yeoshin picked up a safety helmet and walked ahead, the two males smiled.

Kim Yeoshin, could come off cold and harsh, but what others didn’t realize is that she was a good boss just like her father.

 

 

“I…don’t know how to wrap my head around this.” Kris stated as he put the iPad down, the boys were in their bus, their schedule had just wrapped up and they were heading back to the company.

Suho’s brows furrowed as he glanced at one of their youngest, Kai was seated beside him, quietly fiddling with his phone.

Yeoshin could not be reached. And she wouldn’t answer to anyone’s calls.

“At first it was all just a rumor, a baseless scandal, and now,” Baekhyun made a face as he fixed his hair.

“The company is backing it up, even sending photos of Kai and Krystal, daebak.” He muttered, confused.

“Those were from a photo shoot right? For SMTown.” Luhan asked, Kai didn’t reply, instead he just stood up.

“Hyung, can you just drop me off at the dorm?” He asked, the other guys turned quiet.

“We still have~”

“I know. We still have four hours for that.” Kai replied, his manager just nodded before speaking with the driver.

 

Yeoshin pushed her hair away from her face as she stepped out of the building, the two managers bowed politely.

“Thank you for taking the time to show me around.” She said before shaking their hands firmly.

“Yes, anytime, director Kim.” They nodded, her car was brought around and it halted in front of them.

Yeoshin got in her car and sped away from the compound, she was about to reach for her purse when she noticed that she had left her phone on the passenger seat.

She looked at the screen and flinched.

 

 

“Director, what are we going to do about this?” Her secretary asked over the phone, Yeoshin’s lips quirked up.

“What?”

“This scandal…the company even backed the claim.”

“As much as I appreciate you worrying about Kai and…I, it’s fine.” She said as she pushed the cart forward, she had taken the afternoon off and decided to pick up some groceries.

“Still, some people already know about you and Mister Kim.”

“It’s okay, we’ll talk later.” She ended the call. Yeoshin dropped her phone back in her purse heading towards the vegetables section, as usual; heads would turn as she passed by. She was dressed in a pair of high-waisted boy shorts, a white long sleeved crop top and a pair of suede thigh-high boots. She didn’t really bother dressing up correctly during her off time for work; she wasn’t the type to please everyone.

She was about to pick up a bag of onions when she felt a hand land on the waistband of her shorts.

 

“Exo?” Hyungshik looked up from his desk.

“Exo fans are actually aware of her, most of them even like her, calling her “goddess unnie”.” His secretary noted.

“Was she a trainee? An idol?” Hyungshik queried.

“No, she lived with Exo for a while, that’s why the fans know her. She’s usually seen with them.”

“Is she going out with one of them?”

“Nobody knows, she was rumored to be dating Kai…or Sehun, but it was never proven.”

Hyungshik chuckled and nodded.

“I don’t think it’s Kai, he’s with Krystal.”

“But, director, why are you asking me these things?” His secretary sighed, he grinned.

“Because she’s a unique character. And, I don’t want to mess this up. I don’t want to die in the hands of my father.”

“That or you’re interested in her.” The male pointed out, Hyungshik chuckled.

“She’s not my type, she’s too cold.” He said before leaving the office.

 

 

“Where were you? I’ve been trying to reach you.” Kai said his tone filled with worry. She faced him, her brows met briefly.

“Why didn’t you call me when you heard about it?” Kai took her hands in his.

“Promotions just started, Kai. I didn’t want to disturb you.” She replied before returning to scan the display again.

“Yeoshin,” Kai made her face him again.

“I knew you were going to explain this, I just….didn’t want to rush you. You’re busy as it is.” She replied then she smiled before kissing his nose.

“Why are you so understanding? It makes me feel bad.” He mumbled before pushing her cart forward, she grinned and followed him.

“Why did they do it? You and Krystal?”

“F(x) needs a little boost. They’re album sales aren’t doing so well…so, the company decided it’s time to make some noise.” Kai stated.

“Ah.” She said flatly before picking up a bag of chips, Kai sighed before yanking her back to him.

“Can’t you at least give me one expression? Are you not angry? Annoyed? Anything?”

She chuckled, Kai balked.

“I’m..amused.” Yeoshin poked the tip of his baseball cap before pulling away.

“What?”

“At this…type of power play, using a popular group to help~”

Kai sighed before letting go, she chuckled at him.

“So, that’s it? You rushed here because you were worried over something like this?” Yeoshin rolled her eyes.

“This does not bother you? Not at all?” Kai echoed, he pulled her out of the way just as another cart passed by.

“I’ve lived with idols, I’m even dating one, and do you think I won’t understand this?”

Kai didn’t know what to reply; he just smiled and brushed her bangs away from her face.

“So, don’t worry too much. I’m not really~”

“I know, I know.” Kai grumbled childishly.

“Aren’t you supposed be at~”

“Are you shooing me away?” Kai asked, she laughed.

“Ani, I’m just telling you to go back to work.”

Kai made a face at her, but he gently cupped her cheek and met her gaze evenly.

“If this bothers you, tell me, okay?”

Yeoshin nodded with a smile, Kai kissed her cheek before stepping away. She watched as his lean figure passed by the crowd, unnoticed.

She bit her lip before glancing at her purse, then she exhaled and picked up the bag of chips she wanted.

 

 

"It is uncomfortable." She muttered before turning away.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++