Drunken Dragon

The Dragons’ Slayer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara don’t look at the internet.” Jjangmae (her road manager) advised her as soon as she woke up.” she needed to prepare for another live episode of Pinoy BoyBand and she was excited to do the show again. Lately she’s been receiving a lot of love from the Blackjacks (2NE1 fans) who attends the taping and live show and it somehow calms her hurting heart.

She smiled at her manager and did not bother to listen to what he was saying, she was happy in the last couple of weeks and it is helping her get over GD again.  She knows that if this continues she will be back fully on her feet again soon. She even remembered how she was no longer that affected by his video birthday greeting to her – it’s a sign that she is moving on – her fans are helping her a lot. This plus the many job assignments YG is sending her way. She believes this is his way of apologizing for not showing her film till date. He said it’s because of the board of directors. Eversince the company has opened publicly in the stock markets a board of directors composed mostly of the company’s highest investors has been dictating the movements in YG and though at times YG wants to go against them he cannot because of his desire to help the other employees at the risk of losing some of his best ones. Dara understands how difficult his role is – she heard recently that a huge investor has been demanding so many changes in YG but that this investor is so powerful it is changing the face of YG altogether.

Ahhh that’s office politics she wouldn’t want to be part of. She loves her job and 2NE1 so she will endure the difficulties and move ahead.

Without thought of what Jjangmae said she unconsciously opened the internet and was shocked by the number of twits from the fans. She searched the cause of the commotion and she was so shocked she just stood there like a statue – she felt like a bucket of cold water just got poured on her head.

“Dara, Dara!!!” Jjangmae was trying to shake her to move but she was not budging, he looked at the tablet she was holding and knew precisely what caused her sudden state. “Dara move. Dara!!! “ he was shaking her, “I told you not to look…”

“Wh-what happened Jjangmae, wh –why??” she sat down and started to cry.

“Don’t Dara you have another show…hold yourself together… stand up!”

“Jjangmae they’ve decided to disband us without telling us? How who could have done this?” she started crying again that her manager had to embrace her and let her cry on his shoulder.

“Dara you have a show you need to control yourself don’t worry we will go home and discuss this with YG in the meantime let’s have breakfast – you need to be ready for your next show.

She stood up remembering the fans who will be waiting for her. For them she will swallow her pain and for today she will stop crying she will find the time for this…

But when she arrived at the studio and everyone kept asking her what happened, she could not help but let a tear or two fall down her eyes. She even smiled when the fans in the studio all stood up with placards along with her co- judges to show her support – it was so hard to control her tears. She kept wiping them away – it took so much to hold her tears from falling. In the end she handed a short note to one of her loyal fans to post a letter for her fans.

When she arrived at her room her phone was ringing.

“Unnie!!! What happened?” CL was calling her.

“I don’t know what about you they should have at least called you. “

“Ani I was as surprised as you – who made the decision?”

“I bet it’s the new board of directors..” she whispered.

“But isn’t Jiyong I mean his parents part of the board?”

“Yes but I don’t really know what happened. But I will find out and I will tell you about it as soon as I’m ready” then she started to cry again.  “I just.. just don’t understand why…I want to know why?”

“Me too unnie I need to know…” CL already crying on the other line.

“Let’s both issue a letter to the fans to cheer them up we cannot allow them to be sad too, let’s buffer the pain and hold on to each other…and unnie if you decide to come here and try it here just tell me I will help you. I don’t think I will come home anytime soon and I don’t want you to be alone there…”

“Thank you Cherie-shi I will endure because I still have a lot of pending assignments I need to accomplish but if things get too tough for me I will go there or go back to the Philippines since they treat me well in there.”

“I know unnie j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter