Her Role in His Life

The Dragons’ Slayer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been almost a week in GDs’ house and everything seems quiet. Dara prefers not to talk much and GD was busy with his business which is growing just like his career. There are times when he would come in late at night and he can only find Dara sleeping. Dara on the other hand refused to be sad and instead started to befriend the staff in the house and adjust to her life. She told herself that this is just taking a vacation and that she will not allow this to change her.

In the morning she jogs around the hilly side of the subdivision. It allows her to relax before she begins her duty. She started preparing GDs breakfast immediately after she arrived in the house. He doesn’t come to the dining table, she would bring the tray in the table near his bed where he eats before taking a shower and going to work. He expects her to be seated near him while he dines. It was uncomfortable in the beginning but now she reads while he eats which is quite comfortable for both of them. She has to get his clothing requirements the night before so that she can prepare it in the morning. She does this while GD is taking a bath.

She then proceeds to help out in cleaning the house and most of the time watering the plants in the garden. GD usually talks to her before leaving to give her instructions on what he wants done upon his arrival at night. He would at times ask for a change of clothing in the middle of the day which Dara has to bring to YG office or wherever else he is.

By the end of the 6th day she needed a breather and since she’ll be one week there tomorrow she decided to discuss it with GD when he arrives, assuming he will arrive early. She felt that the stars were on her side because GD came early that day.

“Hello I’m home!! Where’s Dara?” GD asked immediately as soon as he stepped into the house.

Eun greeted him at the door bowed down. “She’s at the library sir.”

GD went straight to the library where she found her seated in front of the big screen watching “Suicide Squad”. He tiptoed and then suddenly sat beside her, she was so surprised she almost fell from the love sofa in front of the screen. GD giggled.

“Aha! What are you up to? Now you know where I got the green hair.” He said pointing at the screen to Dara who was still in a state of shock looking at him. After a while she quietly went back to her seat not giving GD her attention nor reacting to his comment. This upset GD.

“Did you hear what I said?”

“Yes you got your hair from the Joker of Suicide Squad. “Dara answered monotonously.

“And its not funny?” GD asked.

“No.” Dara responded again in a monotonous tone.

“Where has your sense of fun went to?”

“Lost it on my way here.” Responding like a robot.

“That’s not how I want you to react.” GD said upset and looking at the screen..

“Joesonghamnida sajangnim how do you want me to react?” she then looked at him acting innocently with every intent of making him feel guilty.

“I am not putting you in prison Dara I am keeping you safe so please do not act like a robot when you’re in front of me.”

“Ne sajangnim.” Dara responded and bowed.

“Dara don’t irritate me you know I can be very violent. Just tell me what you want. I know you’re acting weird for a reason so tell me what it is.”

“I want to go home.”

“No.”

“But you said I can go once a week?”

“Has it already been a week?” GD acting like he cannot remember.

“Ne sajangnim. It felt more like a year if you ask me.”

“You hate me this much?”

“I don’t know but I am tired … so tired I want just a moment outside of these walls you call home.”

“Okey we’ll visit your mom tomorrow.”

“If you’re busy I can go alone.”

“Dara don’t push I told you – you can only go if you are with me – understand.”

“Ne sajangnim” responding like a robot again.

“I will now change, I expect our dinner be served at the dining room tonight. So go now and prepare.”

“But I’m…” she pointed to the screen. GD looked at her and turned the projector off.

“But why?” Dara was so upset again, she slumped her shoulder in defeat.

“Because I am home and when I am, you attend to me. Dara I come first, reme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter