Mateless

Wolf Mate

 

 

 

The pack meeting has started when Haesoo reaches the backyard where the meeting held. His father stands in the front while the elder sits behind a big stone behind him. Her brother, her mother, Beta Byun sitting on his right while Alpha Cho along with his pack stands on his left. The Pack member sits semi-circle in front of Alpha Kim.

"Where've you been?" Suho asks her when she reaches them.

"Library," she answers shortly, tries to catch her breath.

"While did you smell like a wildflower?" he asks further sniffing her earning a frowned from their mother.

"Run for a while. Calming myself," she tries to make an excuse.

"We trying our best to figure it out as fast as we can. We even send a message to the fairy for help even though it will take longer," Haesoo could hear her father voice loudly through the backyard, looking at his pack member and Alpha Cho.

"The fairy? They're too selfish and ignorance to care about this matter. My suggestion is still solid. Kill him. We could deal with whatever the consequences later," Alpha Cho said, tightening his jaw. Haesoo could feel her and her wolf anger surface but she tried her best to hold it.

"We have elder Sooyoung here who was half fairy. They may be ignorant but they do care for their own kind,"
Alpha Cho glance at elder Sooyoung who sat calmly before snorting, looking displeased. "And how do we know he wasn't working with the fairy?" he asks.

"It's a witch," Haesoo said loudly turning everyone attention to her. She steps forward so everyone could see her more clear.

"How could you know about it?" Alpha Cho asks followed by a murmur from the pack. She explains about the triangle dot that ca only found on witch spell.

"How do you know about it?" one of the western pack members ask.

"Library," she replied simply. Getting frowning and murmur from everyone.

"It makes more reason for us to kill him. He works with a filthy witch. It's enough to sentence death," Alpha Cho said glaring at her.

"But there is also the possibility that he was bewitched to follow her without his consent. If we could dig more information we could know the witch plan before she could plan any more harm," she argues with him, feeling guilty making her mate as a bait.

"Or you are just selfish! You want to be with your mate and doesn't even care for your pack safety. How did you so sure that he wasn't the one behind all this? Do you think a witch will strong enough to put a spell on a big and strong wolf like him?" Alpha Cho spat with the question she couldn't answer herself.

"Stop acting like you know a witch very well, pup," elder Sooyoung step in their conversation looking lazily at Alpha Cho who was red of anger because she called him a pup.

"You haven't even met one yet have any knowledge about them. Yes, werewolves are strong, but their arrogance makes they miss what other capable of that let the witch getting stronger than them under their nose. That is how the witch war started for your information, pup," elder Sooyoung continued.

The murmur could be heard louder either from the western pack or eastern pack, her own pack. Seeing this opportunity Alpha Kim turned to Alpha Cho, "I consider we put a hold on his death punishment. We could dig information about the witch. At least we all know that there is a witch hiding around us. We can hunt her through him and kill her. We could decide his punishment after that."

Haesoo could feel her blood run faster because of fear either for her mate and her friend's safety.

"Bull!! And how if this was the rough plan from the start, making us believe he work with other then destroyed us?" Alpha Cho yelled at them, his face red from anger. "And you!! Just because you mate with him, do you think he will care for you? He doesn't love, he only killed," he adds pointing his finger at Haesoo.

"No wolf can deny their mate, I'm pretty sure you know it. I know your story with your mate," elder Sooyoung said looking at Alpha Cho with amusement. They could see Alpha Cho fuming with anger, "Say the one who was mateless, pathetic enough because you didn't have a mate?"

All the east pack member sit and stood straight, growling at Alpha Cho. No one has ever disdain Elder Sooyoung, even the other pack wolf. They respect and love her as a family.

Alpha Kim stands straight sending hard eyes toward Alpha Cho. "No one disdain our elder Alpha Cho. If you can't keep your rage under control, I'm afraid I have to cast you out from this land," he said showing his Alpha power.

"And do you think I accept your affront to me? I'll leave this pack gladly but you have to know that other pack won't be happy with your decision. He has killed many and deserves to death. I'll make sure of that," Alpha Cho said glaring at them all mostly at Haesoo. He then leaves along with his pack member.

Alpha Kim let out a loud sigh when he could feel The west pack has gone far enough. He stares at his pack member.

"You all hear what happen and my decision. I acknowledge the fact that he was my daughter mate made me considered it but it also because of the witch. I've meet Jinki this morning and discuss with him about this Rune. He said the same things, that there is a big chance a witch put a spell on him. But we didn't have enough prove, thanks Haesoo for proving that. I'm afraid the witch has a bigger plan, so I decide to do this. If any of you have something to say, say right now."

"How if what Alpha Cho said was right, that he was the head between all of this?" one of the packing members ask.

"If we have a proof, we will kill him immediately," he said with a hard face. Haesoo felt all of her blood run out from her body. He stares at her father but her father eyes set on his pack, seeing if anyone have any complaint. She could feel her mother hugs her from the side, rubbing her arms.

"If you don't have any more to say, I'll end the meet now. We have to keep yourself more alert from now and report any suspicious thing that happens. There is a witch around and we didn't know what she capable of," Alpha Kim said warning his pack. He nods at them signaling they could leave.

Suho immediately walks to his father, his face hard. Her mother, still side hugging her, walk slowly to her father bringing her along. She could feel Baekhyun and Chanyeol walk close behind her talking to Alpha Byun. When they reach Her father and brother they could hear they argue.

"But how if I'm a mateless wolf?!" Suho ask. " Heck, I'm a mateless wolf. It's been more than fifty years Dad, and by the moon law she should be born by now but I can't found her. I even went to the human village but I found none. The only explanation is she wasn't in this world anymore," he adds earning a gasp from her mother. Actually, they all have thought about that possibility. A werewolf's mate should be born before his/her fifty years live. If they didn't found it, there is big possibility that they are a mateless wolf.

"If I'm a mateless wolf, the only hope for the Alpha line is from Haesoo," he adds.

"I've never said I'll give up on him. I myself pretty sure there something wrong with him. But we have to assure the Pack member, earn their trust. Besides if he was indeed the head behind this are you still want him with your sister? who know what he could do to her?"

"You didn't see how they interact before. I could see it. He loved her, he desired for her, he care about her"

"Then you can help me to proof his innocent. Help me to prevent a war with another pack. Proof you deserve to be an Alpha," Alpha Kim said sternly to him.

"I'll do it. I'll do anything I could," Suho said with determination.

"First we need to inform another pack about this, letting them know from our own mouth that Alpha Cho's," Alpha Kim said to them.

"I'll go to north east pack, I'm sure Kai will give us a big help," Suho said. "I'll take Baekhyun and Chanyeol with me," he adds nodding at his two best friends.

"Alright then. Tell the other commander to meet me at my office," Alpha Kim said to his Betha. " I suggest you go tonight, the faster the better," he adds to Suho.

The three nod their head before they leave to get ready, leaving Haesoo in her own mind.