First Met

Wolf Mate

 

 

Haesoo shivered when the cold night wind blew when she climb down the stair prison. Her brother walks close beside her, taking her hands with him, calming her down. The fire that lit the torch along the wall giving a dim light along the way down. They walk in silent, tensing waiting what will await for them, knowing they about to meet the rudest wolf known. The head guard had told them the white rough cell, on the second floor (from the top) at the end of the hallway. When they get close, Haesoo could smell the freshly wet forest smell getting stronger. She realizes it was a pine tree smell that could be found in the north. She once traveled there with her family when she kids, and instantly love it.

She awake from her thought when her brother stops his step.

"I will wait and observe from here. Go on, have a talk. He was chain to the floor so you won't be able to get close. I don't know if I should sorry or thankful for that," Suho said squeezing her hand before letting it go.

Nodding at him, she takes a deep breath before walk two cell more. When she reach the cell, she glances inside the dark cell and meets with a brown almost dark strong gaze, waiting for her. His pale face contrast with his short black hair. He held no expression in his face but his stare making her body shivered.

"Hi," Haesoo say hesitantly, getting close to the cell bar. This clearly not a situation she imagines to be when she met with her mate.The white rough sat still, unmoving from the floor, staring at her without any expression. Haesoo letting an awkward chuckle, she chooses to also sit on the floor near the cell bar that made by the silver, feeling her legs started shaking from nervousness. His eyes following her every movement.

"It's quite awkward, right? I guess none of us ever imagine this to happen," she said looking for any reaction from him but still, she gets none.

"I'm Haesoo by the way. What your name? I just know they called you white rough," she tries to make a conversation once again, hoping any response from him. But he still stares at her, never move an inch from his place. It makes Haesoo became wary. She herself was trying really hard to tame her and her wolf's desire to get close to him. If it not because of the cell she will go inside, get close to him, touching him. Seeing his reaction remain her about what Alpha Cho said that the white rough doesn't love. She could feel her brother stare on her side, maybe staring at pity. But how could a werewolf doesn't love his mate? It nearly impossible for a werewolf to do it except an excessive hate that grows between them on a very strong wolf that could deny his desire for his mate.

"Please say something," Haesoo pleads to him, unconsciously putting her hands on the cell bar when she learns forward. She hisses, taking her hand from the burning bar. She rubs her hands each other to easing the burn feel. After feeling a bit better she glance inside the cell. Sehun still on his seat on his spot, looking unaffected. She doesn't dare to look in his eyes, afraid seeing the emotionless stare that will only break her heart. Haesoo swallowing hard,  tried to hold her tears, thinking that he don't want her as his mate. Then she heard his voice for the first time.

"Sehun,"

One word. Just one word but it's enough to make her raise her head so quick, eyes wide, staring at him. He still sits in his place with an expressionless, didn't change. She almost thinks that was just her imagination if it's not because a gasp that came from her brother.   Instantly a wide grin appears on her face. Her tears fell out of relieved, making Sehun expression hardened.

"No no no, I just feel relieved that I burst into tears. I hardly cried normally," she said wiping her tear. " I just glad, I thought you don't want me and you will leave me and reject me. I'm just glad you accept me" she adds.

"I never say that," Sehun said, still with an expressionless face.

"You will reject me?" Haesoo said, stupefied. Sehun didn't answer her, instead, he keeps staring at her. Haesoo replied his stare, looking into his eyes. She really wants to get into his head and find out what he was thinking about.

He cut their stare and looking above her head growling low for a second before he quite again. Haesoo turns her head and meets Suho's eyes. He smiles apologized to her.

"Father and the elder on their way down here. You should stand up now. They will be here any minute," Suho said to her. The moment she stands in her foot with her brother help they could hear the sound of a door opened and closed followed by footsteps. She could smell her father sent along with another wolf. She again glanced inside the cell, Sehun still stares at her, unmoving from his position. She give him a small smile, "I won't let them kill you," she said softly making Suho turn to her, raising his eyebrow before it turns into a frown, looking ahead while he lost in his thought. The murmur could hear clearer and they could see the light above the stair. Alpha Kim along with his Beta, elders and some guard coming down the stair holding torch for better light. They walk straight where Haesoo stand. She exchanged a glance with her father before she steps aside to let them see her mate. With the better light from the torch, she could see Sehun tied hand with silver chain hiding between his legs. One of his legs was tied to another silver chain that connected to the floor, limiting his move.

"He's handsome."

Everyone turn their head to the voice. Elder Sooyoung looking at the Sehun from head to toe.

"Elder Sooyoung, He was a dangerous rough that would kill everyone on his way," One of the elders, tough far more young than her, said while sighing loudly.

"Still handsome. Lucky you," she replied glancing at Heasoo before turning to Sehun again. Many elders look at, wide agape.

"This is the White rough we were talking about and he also my daughter mate," Alpha Kim told the elder, cutting before the argument about the rough's handsomeness arise.

"What is his name?" one of the elders ask.

"We didn't know, he never said anything no matter what we do to him. My Alpha command also didn't work on him," Alpha Kim answer him. Haeso grimace imagines what torture has Sehun through from the interrogation.

"His name Sehun," Suho said turning everyone gaze at him except elder Sooyoung who still staring at Sehun.

"He answers you?" his father asks him, surprise.

"No, he answers Haesoo. Her mate," he answered turning to Haesoo.

"You can't deny a mate pull, no matter how strong you are. It'll only cause pain and misery," elder Sooyoung said still looking at Sehun, they exchange a strong gaze each other. Her next word, however, surprises everyone, making them alert.

" And you are not working alone," she said staring at him.