Berry

Wolf Mate

 

 

 

 

 

Haesoo feeling aching all over her body, her head feels really heavy. Stirring in her sleep, she tries to open her eyes despite the heavy feel. She squinting her eyes a little to adjust the sunlight from the window. She stares at the room while listening to a slow buzzing from outside. From the smell of herbal and plants, she guessing she was in the hospital. That is when she remember what happen in the prison. When Sehun eyes changes become totally black and lose his focus before attacking her. She reacts too slow because of the shock and can't avoid or giving any respond. She remembers the pain from Sehun claw when it shattered her body. The last thing she remembers was a running step from afar before she loses her conscious.

The door opened showing Lay who bring some box with him.

"Oh, You've awake," he said while smiling showing his dimple. "We should tell Alpha that you've wake up, but I guess he will come later seeing how busy he is. But your mother will come immediately for sure," he continued moving to her side to checking her condition.

"What happen?" she asks him. Lay frowning for a moment at her.

"What happen to you or outside or to your mate?" he asks back.

"All?" she said moving her shoulder slightly. Lay nodding at her before resuming checking on her condition.

"The guard hear you screaming so he runs immediately toward you and found you have fainted inside the cell while Sehun keeps lashing you. He yelling for help before turns to his wolf form to freeing you from Sehun. When other guards come he has success freeing you from him but you both hurt badly. I have to say this sehun boy was really strong. He has been chained in silver for days yet he could still hurt the guard badly. Your wound was better now but you will still feel dizzy from the blood loss so I suggest you to rest for the day," he explains while finishing his job.

"How about Sehun?" she asks him warily.

Lay sighing sitting in the bed beside her. "He was put on the last floor cell, chaining to the wall. Alpha was really mad because of the attack, he blames himself for not being care full and soft heart. I'm afraid he did consider the death penalty for him."

"What?! They can't!!! It wasn't him who attacked. His eyes lose his focus and he seem can't realize his surrounding!" Haesoo said panicky while sit up from her bed.

"It must be the witch," he said thoughtfully. "It a good thing they catch the witch yesterday. They have been questioning her all night and decide to burn her on midday, hours from now I guess. I don't know what information they get tough," Lay continues.

"They catch the witch?" Haesoo ask in disbelief, feeling happy that the person who has spelled his mate getting punished.

"Yeah, they catch her when she sneaking around the storage room. I've seen a glimpse of her for a moment. She quite small even for a human I think and have a dark hair. She begging the guard to listen to her first."

"Small and dark hair?" Haesoo said frowning. "Do you know her name?" Haesoo asks Lay feeling her toes turning cold and her heart beat faster.

But Lay wasn't the one who answer her, Elder Sooyoung shows up at the door staring at them.

"Hana and they decide to burn her now," she said looking straight into Haesoo eyes. In instances Haesoo stands up from her bed, ignoring the dizzy feeling from her head and run fast toward the cell backyard. The fears pumping her adrenaline in hr blood forcing her to run faster ignoring the aching feeling in her body. She could hear the noise from the backyard when she getting closer. She could hear a loud howl and yell from her father and pack member.

When he reach the backyard she could see her father holding a torch in front of a big mound woods where Hana tied to the high pole in the middle for everyone to see. Her clothes full of blood from the wound all over her body. She has closed her eyes, Haesoo wasn't sure if she faint or not but she could see she was so weak from the small breath and the remains tears on her face.

"NO! WAIT! STOP IT!!!" Haesoo screaming loudly when his father put the torch on the wood, burning it. " STOP IT!!!" she screams one more time turning her pack attention to her.

"No! please stop it!!" She tries to stop the fire but get stop by her father.

"It not her! She is not the one who put the spell on Sehun. It wasn't her! it was somebody else!" she pleading at her father trying to break his grip on her arm.

"What are you talking about Haesoo? She is a witch. You said by yourself that Sehun was bewitched by her."

"Yes, he was bewitched but not by her. In fact, she was the one who helps me to find it out."

A gasp followed by murmur could be heard from the Pack members. Her father glaring at her in disbelief.

"You know her," he said tightening his grip on her. "You know there is a witch close to our pack and you said nothing about it,"

"Yes and I'm sorry about that but please put the fire out. She wasn't the one who put the spell on Sehun,"

"AND HOW YOU CAN BE SURE ABOUT THAT?!! SHE IS A WITCH FOR THE MOON SHAKE AND WHO KNOWS SHE ALSO HAS PUT A SPELL ON YOU SO YOU'LL THINK OF HER AS A FRIEND!!!" Alpha Kim yells at her full of rage.

"NO! No! You don't understand! I've known her for years and she was far from that. Dad please!!" she pleads him desperately seeing the fire has reached around her feet.

But before her dad could answer her a loud growl come from the forest. A strong wind blew toward them surprising everyone. Her father loses his grip on her and becomes alerted on an instant. All of the member pack also staring at the forest waiting whatever would come out, because based on the voice it wasn't a wolf voice. A moment later, a big creature, maybe as big as the werewolf in their form. It has a dark red scale faded along the stomach and golden thorn along his spine and tail. It looks like a dragon but with a short neck and transparent wings that strong enough to blew a hard wind toward them. 

Everybody stunned staring at the thing wide eyes. They never see the thing like that before. He snarls at them one more time while he flies in front of Hana as if he tried to protect her from them before he turns around facing her. Instead of fire that a dragon usually blew, he blew a water, big amount of water toward the woods and put out the fire after some blows.

No one move, too amazed by what just happen in front of them. The creature moves closer to Hana and roosts on the top of the pole near Hana's head then continued to snarl at them, looking to each of them before it stops an Haesoo. He stops his snarl and growls lowly before lowering her head but keep his eyes on her. The eyes that Haesoo know so well, the eyes that often plead her for petting his head.

"Berry?"