Wild Flower

Wolf Mate

 

 

 

Hana pacing back and forth inside her small hideout. She collects everything that she thinks will be useful to interpret the Rune. Berry was flying above her head, putting a wildflower above her head before fly outside to find another flower. Berry is a magical creature, looks like a chameleon but with pinkish skin and a small but strong wings on his back, she stole him from the human black market. Yes, she has visit human village a few times, hearing the news about the hunter, gossip around the village, reading books or barter any fruits that she found with some bread. Well, she didn't have money or precious think to do a barter anyway. When she accidentally found the human black market, she found Berry locked in the small cage, weak, and injured here and there. She hypnotizes the seller and brings Berry easily. She hasn't back to the human village since then. She took care of Berry until he fully recovers around a month ago but he refuses to go and stick around Hana every day. Bring home many wildflowers and eating all of her berries. He loves any kind of berry too much.

After making sure she has packed everything she needs in her bag, she steps outside and makes sure the bush hide the door. Sun pointing it has past midday so she decides to go to the cave behind the waterfall to 'ask' the moon about the Rune. There is something special about this waterfall, she feels like she got a source of strength when she was there. When she run away from the hunter, injured badly, her body lead her to the waterfall without she realizes. Even though she didn't make it and Haesoo is the one who brings her there, she could feel her body healing faster and feel stronger, until now.

She walks trough the forest with the scent-free spray in her hand. Spraying here and there to hide her smell. She walks slowly listening if there is someone coming toward her. Berry come again from her side putting more flower on top of her head.

"Not now Berry, we need to keep quiet for now okay?" she told him, catching him on her hands. Berry smile brightly at her flapping his wings really fast, showing his excitement before fly away again, maybe to hunt or find berries.

She keeps walking toward the lake carefully but then she hears the sound of paws meeting the soil, running to her direction. She immediately lowering her body to the ground while spilling the liquid inside the bottle to her body as much as she can. She waiting for the paws to pass, she know that was a werewolf paw, she could tell the different now after a lesson from Haesoo and a few meet with the werewolf. She could tell the lesson and the liquid is very useful seeing she always can hide from the wolves.

But the running sound stop and Hana could hear the wolf bark. They are more than one. Hana never meet more than one wolf, it make her palm sweat and her hearts beat faster. She tries to move the base of the bush as quiet as possible to see the wolf. There are three of them, the gray wolf just like other but have a different pattern each of them. The two wolf looking at the one in the middle, bigger than the other two with white fur under his belly and ears. He was sniffing the air. Hana could feel a cold sweat run down her forehead, afraid he could scent her smell.

At that time Berry save her life, he flies above their head bringing many wildflowers with him, making they attention turn to him. Berry flies, high enough for them to reach him, back and front trying to find Hana. A bark from one of the wolf make Berry surprised and drop the flower he brings, he flies away from them as fast as he can. The big wolf keeps looking at Berry until one of the wolves, the shortest, bark to him. He turns his attention to them and looking at them, communicating with their eyes before they continued their way, running toward the border.

Hana let out her breath loudly when she didn't hear the running sound anymore. She stands up slowly, her legs wobble from the adrenalin that passes on her blood. Taking a few deep breath she continued walking toward the waterfall while reminding herself to treat Berry as much as berries later.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A short one, I want to add more but it'll be too long so please wait for the next chapter ^^