D-16

You, Me, and Little D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojung's POV


Weeks passed and my bump is already showing. The kids at the Cafe are so ecstatic and caring. They always went out of their way just to make me feel comfortable whenever I'm in the office.


We always have our Friday dinners at the shop with our friends. Its a sort of catching up what happened during the week and just to unwind. This is our kind of 'chilling'. Some people like drinking and dancing in the Clubs. But us, we love eating.


Im already in my 2nd trimester and Im oh so so glad because my morning sickness is over. My usual energy came back and I'm able to eat normal again. Unnie has been taking care of me too whenever she has free time. Sometimes I see unnie staring at space. I think she's having some problems about work plus my situation.


We still haven't talk to our parents regarding my pregnancy. Why? You'll never believe it when I say.


Unnie tried to talk to him but his secretary said his schedule is full so we have to wait till he has free time. Imagine asking for a schedule just to see your own father?! Absurd but true.


Our mother? We tried to get hold of her via phone but her secretary said that she's on a medical conference in Europe and will be back next month.

 

I'm starting to be sorry for my baby for having such grandparents who doesn't even give a damn to their children.


Maybe the best way to tell them about it is by sending an email, right? Then I'll attached Little D's photo with it then Bam! Problem solved.


I wish they'll be considerate and caring like Mr. & Mrs. Liu...


I mean Mama Liu and Papa Liu.. Awwww.... Hearing it makes my heart melt.


I've never met a couple whose so warm and understanding. They love Amber so much based on the interaction I witness when they visited us. Mama Liu insisted to visit us immediately so that she can meet me personally.


The plan is to talk to them thru Skype so we called them while we are in the Cafe. Unnie was also there with Taeyeon unnie and Sooyoung unnie because it's her rest day. As soon as the call connected, the face of my future in-laws appeared on the screen.


"Hi Mom! What's up Dad!" Amber waived at the camera and the two elders waived enthusiastically to their youngest daughter. I smiled at them nervously.


Her mom is so beautiful and she looks so nice. "Hi baby! How are you doing out there? Hi daughter in-law! Is she treating you right huh? Just tell me if she's doing something bad and I'll immediately fly there to beat the crap out of her!"


"Hi Mama Liu, Papa Liu! Don't worry, I can beat the crap out of her if she do anything unpleasant. Papa Liu how's your health? " I asked the elder Liu since Amber said that he has a heart condition but he's doing okay.


"Ah my daughter in-law is so caring! Papa Liu is okay still strong and healthy. Mama Liu has been feeding me lots of green grass. Sometimes I think I'm becoming a Llama..." He sneered at Mama Liu earning him a smack on his head.


Now I know where Amber got her humor and dorkiness. Papa Liu is a respected person in the business circle but when he's with family his dorkiness and playfulness appears. I wish Appa was like him..


"Yah! I'm doing that because it's good for you! Do you want to leave this world early? " Mama Liu said glaring at him. They're soo cute to watch!


"Mama Liu, I agree with you. You know you gave me an idea, starting tomorrow Amber will only eat green leafy vegetables for her diet. " I said Mama Liu to tease that dork that pouted her lips in resignation.


"Mom!! Look what you've done! "


Laughter filled the waves at her pouting. This adorable llama. Tsk tsk. I'm saying the truth, veggies only for her. She's been eating a lot of junk food lately and skips her daily exercise just to take care of me. I want her with good stamina before I deliver our child.


"Sorry Amber... You're on your own. And besides, I do whatever your mom wants me to do because I still want to live and take care of my future grandkids if ever you and Soojung will decide to have a family."


Amber and I look at each other smiling because we knew that's the sign we are waiting for. She cleared and looked at the camera knowing that her parents are watching her. I clasped my hands on my lap waiting for her to speak.


"Ahhh... Mom, Dad. We have an announcement to make. Please don't be mad at us."


Papa Liu's face showed wonder and looked at her wife who also has the same expression with her husband.


"What is it Amber? Do you have any problems? Soojung, what is it? Are the two of you breaking up!?!"


"No, no! Mama Liu! We are not breaking up! What Amber is trying to say is.... Ahhmm. A-actually I hope you will be happy about it.." I told her shyly.


Amber showed to the camera Little D's first ultrasound picture and smiled widely to her parents. The two elders jaw dropped and looked at us not knowing what to say.


"Uh... We would just like to say Dad that it's gonna be soon because we are having a baby!"


Papa Liu's face was a mixture of happiness and shock. While my soon to be mother in-law already has tears on her eyes her hands covering . Happiness also evident on her face.


"M-mama Liu... I'm already 15 weeks pregnant.." I told her with a wide grin on my face.


"Oh my God! Is this true!? Soojung , Amber! Tell us is it true!? How?" We told them all the details about how I became pregnant and my condition. Never have I met such couple who has a nice heart and be so understanding. They make me feel like I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter