D-5

You, Me, and Little D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Soojung's POV

 


I smelled the newly brewed coffee. I poured the aromatic liquid on my mug and poured some of the fresh milk over it with a teaspoon of sugar. I went out to the balcony of my apartment and sat down on the beanie sipping my coffee.


My cellphone beeped indicating that I received a message. It can wait.


My mind drifted again to that Stupid Girl living across me.

 

 

Flashback

 


After my hospital scene we became close. We do things together with the group. Watching movies, hanging out, eating lunch at the cafeteria. We did'nt had a chance to be alone but still we managed to talk and hang out.


I usually start our conversation with a random question. Any questions that pops up in my mind. I love reading and studying about different cultures, watching movies. And I just want to hear her voice even just for a few minutes. I do that to have a connection with her.


When I was a kid, I always trail behind my Unnie looking at what she's doing, asking about a lot of stuffs. She's older to me by 5 years. When I say asking a lot of stuffs, its a lot.


"Unnie... Why does Elmo's nose like that?"


"Woah unnie! Do goldfish sleep?"


"Unnie why do you wear a bra? "


"Why is it hot in L.A. on December while its cold on Korea and San Francisco?"


And the most epic question I asked her when I was 10 and she's 15:


"Unnie, why do you have a photo of Taeyeon unnie inside your pillowcase?"


Gotcha.

 


You see, we are 4 in the family. My dad who is the COO and heir to Jung International. My grandpa is still much alive and living in New York. My mom who is a Cardiologist and head of the Cardiology Department in a famous hospital in SF. Then my unnie. Her name is Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Ex-Medical student turned businesswoman/Creative Director.


I'm not that close to my parents. Maybe because all our childhood we never see them for a long time. Dad always fly around due to business and Mom basically lives in the hospital. It's just me and unnie.

 

To my delight one morning we were informed that both of us will live in Korea and study. It was both decided by my parents since they are so busy with what they are doing. So off we go to Korea and live on a mansion with just the maids, butlers, and tutor.


I met Byul while in middle school. She was my classmate and defended me on the bullies. We kind of became inseparable. And her family became my family too.


Unnie took up Medicine in college together with Taeyeon unnie. But due to my father's nagging she shifted to Management. Speaking of Taeyeon unnie or more popularly known as 'Dr. Kim', the 2 of them were best of friends. She was the first person unnie knew from school.


They became close that unnie had those second thoughts on her uality. Then she realized that she was falling inlove with her best friend. I never knew about that til I turned 15 when I accidentally found again a photo of them inside her pillowcase again. That's when she told me about her secret love to her best friend.


Unnie was summoned by father back to the States to help run the company. It was before my freshman classes start. Since she's going to leave and I don't want to be alone in the mansion I convince her that I'll stay in the dorms with Byul and will just go home in the mansion once in a while if need. She asked Taeyeon unnie to look over me especially my health.


It was always unnie. My parents doesn't even care except when choosing my course. I wanted to take Language and Letters but they firmly advised and imposed that Management is more appropriate.


So being around this group, these people, feels like having a family. And being around Amber is a plus.


They say I'm beautiful, I believe so too haha. I got my looks from my father, that I'm thankful. My long black hair just right, so is my figure although I'm a bit thin. I don't like describing myself because it will be bias.


Back to Amber and the gang. I ask her about Aurora Borealis because its one phenomenon in this world i so want to witness. Its on the top of my bucketlist. Watch Aurora Borealis unfold infront of my eyes beside the person I love.


My question made her smile and I almost swallowed my heart.


"Hmmm.. To answer you truthfully, yes I dreamt of it. And I want to travel to the North and watch it together with the one I love." Amber looked into my eyes while saying it and gave me a warm smile.


My eyes twinkled knowing that we have the same thought. A blush crept on my cheeks and out of habit, I bit my lip. I cleared my throat and gave her my special smile.

 

"I do too, Amber. Someday."

 

 


Yeah someday .

 

 

-----------------------

 

Luna and Vic unnie found out about my little crush with Amber and thought of a plan to get us together. As Luna said, 'Seriously!? The Llama has lost her charm and cant ask you out because s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter