D-7

You, Me, and Little D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys! I'm back with an update! Hope you'll like it. 

Are you excited to meet Little D? Me too! But first, let's reunite KryBer. 

Subscribe, comment, holler! 

Peace yow! ✌

----------------------------

 

 

 

I came back to my senses when I heard the buzzing sound of my cellphone on the center table. It was Byul calling. I stood up and made my way inside to pick up the call. I swipe the screen and placed it on loudspeaker.


"Hey Byul...." I sat down on the couch and snuggled my pillow.


"KRYSTAL JUNG! Is that a prank or something? Because if it is, I'm not gonna waste my time and go there. I'll hunt her and strangle that stupid monkey wherever you saw her. By the way how are you? Do you feel fine? " Byul had this imaginary scenes on her head on how-to-kill-a-llama-5-way. 


"You really have anger management issues you know? And yes I feel fine. " I .


"I only have those issues when it comes to friends. So now tell me, Is it true? How did you know she's back?" I can hear car honking in the background.


The phone vibrated again signaling an incoming call. It was Luna.


"Hey Byul Luna's calling..."


"Put her on conference call!" Byul screech and I hear her cursing on the other line about some driver who cut her.


I drag the screen again and touch the conference call button.


"Hey Lun! What's up?" I greeted Luna while sipping my coffee. I can also hear honking on the background so maybe she's on the way to the shop.


"Is it true!? She's back?! Amber's back?! " By the way Soojungie how's your apartment? Can't wait to visit you there. And how's the 'you know'? No signs yet? "


"Luna!!! We need an emergency meeting! We need to plan the murder!" I shook my head listening to the 2 girls on the phone. I can't help but giggle to Byul's silly morbid words.


"Girls, girls, I gotta go. I have to shower and prepare my things. Lun I'll see you later on the shop. Please tell Irene to make some Pan Au Chocolat.. I would really need it. Byul I'll see you tonight at the shop okay? By the way, she lives on the same building and same floor. Guess what? Her apartment is just across mine. Bye ~" I cut off the line without waiting for their violent reactions.


I just moved in on this apartment 3 days ago. It was near the shop and I need a space just for myself. The mansion is still there but I feel suffocated and lonely just staying at that big house. I can just walk going to the shop and pass thru my favorite ice cream place.


After I graduated, I asked my Dad if I could borrow some money to start my own business. I'm not ready to join the company and I think I'll never be. He gave me what I wanted and wished me luck. Luna and I became partners in the Café . We serve newly baked pastries and breads, pasta, sandwiches, and bingsu. It's also near the university so some of our regulars are students and professors and some office workers.


It has been running for a year now and business is good. Our staff are comprised of uni students too doing part-time and 2 full-time. We have 5 staffs - Irene, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri, and Wendy they are the part timers. Then Shindong and Jaejoong are the full time employees. Yes it's the same Shindong, Amber's former body guard and driver. I found out about him after Amber flew to US. Shindong went back to the uni and informed me that Amber gave him a task to protect me and do whatever I ask. He also told me about what happened to Amber's brother. He works as a server and guard of the shop.

 

After fixing my things and refilling my pet's food pan, I checked myself in the mirror to do some final touching. I'm wearing my skinny jeans, light blue long sleeve polo tha t I pick from the men's section and just tucked it. I folded the sleeves up to my elbow then I let my hair loose and wore my scarf since it's chilly today then top it up with my brown blazer. Then I put on my Chucks and swing on my sling bag. Looking good Soojung ! Show that stupid Llama what she left! I winked at myself and dash to the door.


Lo and behold! Amber and I both went out our unit at the same time. We stared at each other for a few seconds wondering what to say. The Llama's looking good too. And her biceps are toned now, not like the thin arms before.


But you loved it Soojung remember? That arms hugging you and.... Oh shut up!


She broke the silence first. "Hey Soojung... G-good morning.." there she goes again doing that scratching habit. Still the same I supposed..


I nodded and smiled at her then walked to the elevator. I sense someone behind me and yes, it was Amber walking a few meters clutching her helmet. The elevator dinged and the door opened and I entered the steel contraption. Amber was just standing outside looking like a puppy contemplating if she's going to ride or not.


Aiiisssh! This Llama!


"Aren't you going down too Amber?" The elevator door was slowly closing now when Amber decided to join me stopping it by her hands. She reached for the Basement button and went beside me our arms touching.


Too close Soojung! Too close! Move a little far...


I can sense that she's looking at me but I'm stopping myself to turn my head.


Do not turn....


Do not turn.....


Do not turn......

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Do I have something in my face Amber?" I asked her still not turning my head watching the numbers in the elevator go down. Of course I miss her but still I won't go easy on her.


"Nothing... It's just that you look lovely today..." Oh. A blush crept on my cheeks. You're so easy to please Soojung. Tsk tsk....


"W-well , so do you..- I mean you look g-good. Yeah.." Did I just stutter? Well looking at her is worth stuttering. Her eyes looking at me like I'm a miracle from heaven, her lips curve into that smile I terribly miss, her prominent jaw that I love to trace with my fingers before, her soft hair which is now back to its black color.


"Coming from you, I believe so. I always liked your honesty.." she said still looking at me. Reading my face holding the emotions I have inside.


Suddenly the elevator halt midway and the lights went out. I unceremoniously clinged on her arms and buried my face on her back tightly shutting my eyes forgetting that I have to be hard to her. I can't help it it's dark and I hate it most especially in tight spaces.


"Amber! Wait! It's dark! Switch on the light! Please! " I was trembling still clenching my eyes and I can smell her familiar scent that still lingers on my mind.


"Soojung, the emergency lights are not working. Wait I'll try to call the maintenance. " Amber reach for the emergency call button and pressed it. Moments later someone answered at the other line and informed us that there was a power shutdown. They are already doing everything they can and informed us that we just stay put.


"Well atleast fix the goddamn emergency lights ahjussi!!!! " I huffed at the ahjussi at the other line. . I'm trapped in the elevator with Amber. Really fate? Are you planning something today?


Amber, still calm and collected spoke again. "Ahjussi, is there any way we can have air here? It's a little suffocating and we will be running out of oxygen soon. "


"Don't worry sir, we are fixing the aircon it will be running soon. " After saying soon the fan suddenly blowed some air but it's still not enough.


"Just get it done ahjussi, arasso? And by the way, I'm a girl! " With that Amber ended the conversation and sighed. I realize I'm still clutching her arms so I tried to release it but she tightly clamped it. I gasped on her reaction and shut my mouth.


"Can we talk Soojung?" When I didn't reply she squizzes my hand on her arms and whispered to my ears. "Please.. just listen to me." I nodded to his back. She guided me to sit down on the corner of the elevator and when she sat down beside me, I tried to open my eyes but it was all darkness I see.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter