Part 8

Always

ShinB can only nod her head as she listens to Yuju confessing before the camera that she thinks of herself as the worst dancer of GFriend. Somehow, it pains ShinB because she knows how much of a blow it is to Yuju's confidence, every time she's lacking when they girls are practising.

"Actually we can't say that any member is the worst, it's just a matter of learning ability," she feels like she has to say it. 

Umji, Yuju and Eunha clap in response to her words. 

She thinks they're done with the topic but a question is posted about the member who takes the longest time learning a choreography.

"Yuju unnie. But she's improving," ShinB says proudly.

"Compared to when we just debuted, I'm learning a little faster," Yuju adds.

"Yes, she's taking lesser time now," ShinB affirms her words by repeating.

They're finally done with the question but ShinB furrows her eyebrows as she is thrown a more challenging question. What irks her even more is that it's directed to solely her.

"If you were a guy, which member would you choose as your girlfriend?" 

"Me?" ShinB bites on a finger as she ponders. Of course it's her, she thinks. After a millisecond of consideration, she decides to be honest. 

"I..." she cannot help but laugh at herself, "I choose Yuju unnie," she grins. She bursts out chuckling, embarrassed.

Yuju widens her eyes as she looks into the camera as a response to hearing her own name. She cannot help but gleam, because she has not expected it at all. She places her hands on her chest and smiles at the camera, somehow too bashful to look at ShinB. 

"ShinB really likes Yuju," Yerin decides to spill out.

"Ah it's not like that... It's just that if I was a guy I'd like Yuju unnie to be my girlfriend..." ShinB mumbles. Yuju shyly hides her face as she says so. Yuju moves over to hide behind ShinB, her smile widening so much as she feels she's on cloud nine.

The members ask why and she explains, "When I have hard times unnie listens to me, my worries, and she's also really warm and motherly."

"It's because Yuju unnie has a very motherly feeling to her so I feel that guys can depend on her," ShinB repeats herself.

"I'm blushing," Yuju is still hiding her face. The members laugh, amused.

But once the day is over and they are back at their dorms, ShinB cannot help but watch the scene replay in her mind uncontrollably for the night. 

She rethinks her explanation. It's true, she smiles. They have finally gotten closer as Yuju, like the angel she is, is extremely warm-hearted and caring such that she'd be the first choice for ShinB to look for a listening ear. Which really did happen before, not just once, (twice isn't much- but at least it's twice!) so her explanation is reasonable. She smiles, feeling warm and grateful for the caring unnie she has. 

Her mind leads her on in the interview to the question in which Yuju had chosen ShinB to be the member with the best fashion sense. It makes her especially happy that it's coming from her.

"What if she could be my girlfriend even if I'm not a guy?" the words fall out as a slip of the tongue, and she immediately covers realising what she has said. 

The door opens and she sits up, alarmed.

"Did you say something?" Eunha asks, walking in. 

"Ah aniyo, I realised Umji and Yuju unnie are already asleep," she looks down to see the two peacefully sleeping, with their maknae looking like a true baby and as usual, Yuju looking like an angel. She inwardly heaves a sigh of relief that no one has heard what she has just said.

Why did I even say that? she chides herself, Why did I even think of that?

She releases a sigh as she lies back down on her bed, the situation somehow troubling her. 

 

author's notes:

got this chapter from this video. HAHAHA that video was seriously YUJU X SHINB GALORE MAN such rare treasure