Part 18

Always

"Anyone in?" ShinB twists the doorknob to the toilet and asks before opening.

"Me," Yuju answers, her voice muffled. ShinB opens the door to see Yuju brushing her teeth. She enters anyway and pulls down her shorts without a care before seating herself on the toilet bowl.

"Can you not do that?" Yuju squeezes her eyes shut for a moment before bending down to wash her face.

"Whatever," ShinB grunts and carries on.

Yuju moves aside as ShinB comes over to use the sink without turning to look.

"Thank you," Yuju somewhat anxiously mutters from beside her.

ShinB pushes the tap open and washes her hands, with the running water being the only sound they hear (apart from the distant shouting from Sowon at perhaps some member that has been cheekily messing the place up).

"For just now," Yuju continues.

ShinB pushes the tap back close and turns with a small smile. "It's nothing."

"For watching over me, for noticing me in the first place," Yuju's lips curve into a wide smile.

"I told you it's nothing," ShinB's emotionless face takes over her once again as she reaches out for her own toothbrush and toothpaste.

"You're in such a bad mood today," Yuju puts down the seat cover of the toilet bowl and sits down to watch the younger girl.

"That's because-" ShinB stops herself, "That's because unnie was making me so worried today!" she half-shouts in annoyance and embarrassment as she turns around, her face instantly growing red.

While the smile on Yuju's face widens ShinB swiftly turns herself around to let her back face the older girl.

"You're so cute," Yuju giggles, "Can I kiss you?"

"What?" ShinB's hair flies as she turns back with furrowed eyebrows. Yuju giggles even more. She stands up and walks towards the younger girl.

"Unnie, don't do this," ShinB starts to get defensive as the distance between their faces becomes too close for comfort.

"Yahh unnie!" ShinB steps back and backs away, shouting into Yuju's face.

Yuju laughs softly, "You're so fun to tease," as she reaches for the doorknob and makes her way out before the younger throws a fit again.

ShinB sighs in frustration as she turns to face the mirror once again, only to realise how red her face has turned.

"Aish that unnie..." ShinB looks down and scratches her head, sighing in frustration once again.

Just as she takes another glance at herself in the mirror, she recalls one sleepless night. ShinB releases a sigh. 

This time, the question rings in her head: Do I love Yuju unnie? 

It would make sense, right? ShinB has seen it in dramas; two main characters with blossoming feelings for each other, feeling embarrassed in their interactions and being shy when either one makes a move. It would explain why I was hesitant to kiss her, and why Yuju unnie's weird behaviour just now made me feel so uncomfortable. Right? And it would also explain, why she seems like a special person to me...

ShinB's jaw drops as she almost screams, but she stops herself before any sound emerges, not wanting to alert anyone else. No way... 

But ShinB knows that the questions that are running through her mind now are familiar because she has already considered them once that night. She releases yet another sigh, before releasing a soft pathetic laughter, amused that she could forget that so easily after waking up in the morning and living as per normal. 

"Who's in the toilet?" she hears Eunha from behind the door. 

"Ah, ShinB. I think she's brushing her teeth," she hears Yuju's voice next, and with that, ShinB thinks she has come to an answer. 

Ah yes, I was supposed to brush my teeth...

 

author's note:

im so sorry asdfghjkl i accidentally put this on draft mode

[230730] edits made here too!