Part 22

Always

I'm not supposed to say that! I'm not even very sure of it yet...

But when she turns back and her eyes land on Yuju, something in her heart gives her a confirmation.

It is only now that she realises, that her eyes have always been searching for Yuju, that she has always been looking at her. 

Hurriedly she leaves the room to where to get her laundry as she has been screamed at to do so, but more so to evade the situation with Yuju. 

Stubborn, ShinB remains in denial even though she's almost completely convinced by now. "That can't possibly be true, right?" she mutters under her breath as she trudges her way to the laundry room, without any awareness of her surroundings. She bumps into Umji, and their foreheads collide. 

Umji takes a step back and laughs, rubbing her forehead, while ShinB winces and slowly brings a hand to her own. 

"Seriously, look where you're going," they are not surprised to hear their leader nagging, "Umji, don't look at your phone like that when you're walking and ShinB, I'm sure the floor tiles aren't that interesting, are they?" 

"Anyway Eunbi," Umji giggles, "maybe whatever you're thinking about is actually true," she says and ends with a playful smile. 

ShinB drops her arms and throws Umji a plain look while she faces a multitude of emotions. Part of her wants to scream in annoyance at Umji for seemingly having read her mind; part of her wants to dig a hole and bury herself in it for the embarrassment of being heard, and somewhere in there there's also an annoying bell ringing in her head as an acknowledgement of Umji's words to be right. 

"Andwae!" she squeezes her eyes and yells at Umji who is entering the bedroom, after standing frozen for a short moment. 

While Sowon stands amused at the scene, wondering if she should laugh or shake her head with a sigh at the girls' antics, ShinB shuffles her feet in a huff and hurries to the laundry room. 

While getting her laundry into a basket that she can bring back into the bedroom, she sees a piece of forgotten apparel. Partially confused as she is the last in the house settling her laundry, she picks it up and immediately recognises it as one of Yuju's T-shirts. Unknowingly, she holds the T-shirt close and smells it. Smiling at the familiar scent, her heart skips a beat. 

A second later, she realises what she has been doing, and drops the clothing in disbelief, eyes wide open. 

 

author's note:

i'm so sorry for the late update! also, i must say that i had fun writing this part even though it was short. sowon being a real mom and umji (once again, as in pet dog HAHA) putting sense into shinb's head, and shinb being a creep sniffing yuju's clothing? #cREEPfoRsURe HAHAHAHA hope you liked it too~

[230730] edits here too!