Part 20

Always

"How is she?" everyone rushes to the doctor once the examination is over.

"There is nothing wrong with her," the doctor reassures them with a smile. "She just needs a little more rest, that's all," he continues.

Everyone can finally heave a sigh of relief and release the tension in their tightened chests. Eunha notices that there is finally some sign of life on Yuju's face. Prior to this, Yuju has been still as a stone except for her trembling hands that are still tightly clasped together.

"Then what happened to her?" Sowon asks, still concerned. 

"It was out of fatigue," the doctor explains briefly. 

"Thank you so much," their manager thanks the doctor before the doctor excuses himself.

Before the girls rush to ShinB's side, they make sure that Yuju is able to do so with them. 

Yerin and Eunha help Yuju stand on her wobbly legs, while they hurry over to ShinB who is resting on the bed with her eyes slightly open. 

"Mianhae," is the first thing ShinB says, and Yuju starts sobbing again. 

"Don't," Yuju whispers and kneels before the hospital bed, grasping ShinB's hand in her trembling fingers. 

Sowon Yuju's hair in hopes of comforting the latter and bringing the girl to ease. Umji and Yerin, who are also on the verge of tears, grip the sides of the bed tightly with their faces written all over with worry. Eunha stays frozen, biting her lower lip. 

"How are you feeling Eunbi?" Umji is the first one to break the solemn silence, with a cracking, distressed voice. 

"Better," ShinB answers weakly. She tries to smile to cheer the other members up, before she looks down and her eyes land on a tear-stained face that breaks her heart and seems to make her ache even more. 

"Unnie, stop crying, I'm begging you," ShinB gathers her energy to speak her mind. "Mianhae," she painfully apologises once again, with guilt overwhelming her for being the reason to a certain cherished one's tears. 

"Stop apologising," Yuju's lips tremble as she speaks and one hand moves to caress ShinB's cheek. "Tell me you're okay," it is her turn to be pleading. 

And despite the pain she feels, for the sake of Yuju, ShinB suddenly feels courage to put up a smile and say, "I'm fine, unnie."

 

author's note:

i'm sorry for the late update!! got a lil writer's block huhu i promise u the next one will come real quick!!