Part 19

Always

Yuju cannot take her worried eyes off the younger girl. She can clearly feel her heart beating anxiously against her chest, afraid that something would happen any moment.

Yuju takes a step nearer to ShinB. "Don't do this if you really can't," she says, concerned and fretful.

"Unnie," it pains Yuju's heart to hear ShinB's weak voice like this. "It hurts," she whispers, looking at Yuju with her desperate eyes. "But I can't just give up like that," she mumbles next.

Yuju sees that ShinB is on the verge of tears (just as she is), almost giving up on fighting for strength and succumbing to the pain.

Yuju lifts her hand up and locks ShinB's hair behind her ear. At that instant, ShinB stumbles as her legs give way. Yuju could only sigh in immense worry.

Yuju keeps her eyes fixated on ShinB, too afraid to let the girl out of her sight. When their song plays for them to being the performance, Yuju remains looking at ShinB, praying inside that nothing bad will happen.

Yuju finds herself panting in anxiety, her mind clouded with thoughts of concern for ShinB. She tries to calm herself down, waving to the fans and trying her best to smile, before it is time she sings Umji's line.

Yuju begins to be relieved when ShinB manages to sing through her first line of the song. She continues to pray that ShinB's condition will not worsen. Taking a deep breath to clear her chest full of worry, she continues with the performance, singing her lines.

Once again, she turns to ShinB, ensuring that the girl is fine. But when ShinB forgets to come in for her line and misses a phrase, Yuju feels a mental breakdown overcoming her again.

When she begins to sing her line in the chorus, from the corner of her eye, she spots ShinB on the verge of falling, but fortunately, she stands strong.

Once she is done with her line, she immediately turns to face the younger girl, her face growing with concern as ShinB appears to increasingly be in discomfort.

But when she turns away for a split second, ShinB collapses.

Shaken, she turns back immediately, and uncontrollably begins to sob. She bends down to ShinB for a moment while her mind is hazy with confusion on what she should do. She tugs on ShinB's unconscious arm. Don't do this to me, she thinks, please be okay, the tears continue to fall as she thinks.

When the older members rush over, she stands up and tries to continue singing her line, only to find herself sobbing even harder.

When the staff members rush over, she bends down and takes a good look for herself at ShinB. With trembling hands she cups the face of the younger girl, her heart breaking at the sight of an unconscious ShinB. When they carry her away, she follows, not wanting to leave her, but her legs freeze when they bring ShinB away from the stage. Yuju remains still, sobbing in shock.

Eunha notices her tears and immediately comes over to comfort her. Finally, they are allowed to leave the stage, and Yuju walks off with hastened steps, wanting to see her immediately.

"Please tell me she'll be fine," she begs when everyone arrives at the waiting room. An ambulance is arranged to come, and while everyone is waiting, Yuju rushes to ShinB's side. Holding the lifeless hand, she continues sobbing at the unconscious figure.

"Please be fine, ShinB yah," she pleads in her tears.

"Saranghae," she whispers and plants a kiss on ShinB's weightless, colourless hand.

 

author's note:

i have seriously no idea why i decided to write this... was a crying mess watching the video of the situation again asdfghjkl my heart hurts

edit: i am proofreading this chapter and am crying lol what a mess...