Part 24 (FINAL)

Always

"Unnie, I need your help with something," Yerin pops her head by the bedroom door and gestures for Sowon to come over.

On the other hand, Eunha and Umji seems to have a mutual agreement in going to (hide in) their bedroom together.

Neither Yuju nor ShinB realises that the members are doing it for them, but appreciate the situation because it is necessary as of now. Yuju wants to correct something; ShinB feels the need to face it however reluctant she is. ShinB knows, and repeatedly blames herself for being hostile in her interactions with Yuju, yet knows she cannot help it since realising her feelings and fearing Yuju's response should she ever know.

"Hey," Yuju starts when they are left alone in the living room. "We haven't spoken for a while," she says softly.

Three days to be exact, ShinB replies in her mind. "I'm sorry," she bluntly apologises.

"For?" Yuju asks, partly sarcastic though she doesn't want to be mean. It would be a lie to say she was not at all affected by their situation for the past three days. In fact, she was obviously upset.

"Unnie," ShinB swallows. It's time to break her defense down, she thinks, and to face this. 

"Hmm?" Yuju hums an uninterested response. 

"I'm sorry, really," ShinB feels a gulp in . She wonders if tears are going to fall any moment.

"What for?" Yuju asks again, obviously getting annoyed.

"That day..." ShinB struggles with the explanation, "at the hospital," she halts, unsure about what she should say.

Yuju is baffled. "What?"

"I couldn't take it," ShinB says, "I couldn't take the pain."

Yuju looks at the younger with narrowed eyes, completely lost. "Well, you were feeling unwell," she answers, and ShinB can tell she is upset.

"Not from that!" ShinB shakes her head. "I couldn't take it, that you were crying so much, that it was my fault, that I worried you and made you sad," ShinB feels her emotions working up as she speaks. Part of her is finally relieved, that she has finally managed to explain herself. 

Yuju feels tears well up in her eyes, reminded of that tragic day. "Stop apologising," she says and blinks, "you've apologised enough that day."

ShinB recalls the situation again, and tears begin to fall from her eyes. "I did," she says in realisation, "but that doesn't make me feel any less guilty," she adds and chokes on a sob before she starts crying.

Seeing the younger one cry stuns Yuju, but she stays still, keeping their distance. "Why?" she asks, and starts crying before she knows it as well.

"Does love need a reason?" ShinB blurts in frustration, expressing the pain in her heart, turning to Yuju with longing eyes wishing for Yuju to look right at her as well. Then she realises her words, leaving the two girls stupefied.

Yuju finally turns to look at ShinB in the eye. Despite the overflowing tears she breaks into a small smile and whispers, "Thank you."

Yuju moves towards ShinB and wraps her up in her arms, while ShinB does not budge. With her face buried in her palms, ShinB continues to cry, her heart aching from feeling everything at once: guilt, embarrassment, confusion, yet also warmth and relief. ShinB had never expected that revealing her feelings to Yuju would be so simple, after it has haunted her for days, hindering her interactions with the latter. Yuju presses a kiss against ShinB's forehead, and then her hair.

"It doesn't," Yuju chuckles through the sobs, "I never knew why I started loving you anyway. I never questioned why either."

ShinB slowly brings her arms down to reveal her face and looks up to Yuju, unable to believe her ears. "What did you say?"

"I said I love you," Yuju confidently replies. She cups ShinB's face with her hands and wipes the tears away, repeating with a smile, "I said I love you."

ShinB's lips finally curve up to reveal a smile. "Thank you," she says from the bottom of her heart. "Thank you unnie!" ShinB eagerly wraps her arms around Yuju's neck for a hug.

And the two of them finally find where they belong, where they have always belonged: with each other.

 

THE END

author's note:

sorry for suDDEnLY dropping the finale but here it is!!!!! omg omg im so happy for sinju HAHA ayeee<3333 i really do miss writing sinju hehe glad to be back!! i've been working on another sinju fic for the summer so check it out if you still want more sinju heheh haizzz i'm feeling such a mess of withdrawal symptoms rn, both from this fic that woAH IT'S BEEN 9 MONTHS?? and i also just finished the last episode of this kdrama called W HAHAHA but ohman sinju :')))) really do miss sinju :"))))) just when writing/mental block is cleared i have promotional exams to prepare for in like 18 days rip me

but really, thank you all 120 (ohmy 120 i can't believe this) subscribers for all the immense support i've received this fic i am forever grateful for yall,,, I LOVE YOU GUYS REALLY

[230730] minor edits made here... the ending is still rushed yes so i might still make changes to it, but i'm stopping here with my quick edits to the storyline for a complete story as of now!