Part 11

Always

Wait what they're going with that question again? ShinB inwardly groans, I know we're GFriend but seriously? 

ShinB silently contemplates the answer. Thank goodness it isn't directed to only her, and thank goodness she isn't the first to answer so she can have time to think. Somewhere between her thoughts she hears Yuju mention Umji's name and is slightly taken aback. Did Yuju just answer the question so easily without much hesitation? Does Yuju not remember the situation last year? ShinB keeps her head down as she fiddles with the toy and tries to make herself look occupied.

It'd be awkward if I were to choose Yuju unnie again right? ShinB's internal battle in the form of her monologue continues. It's been a year but wait what if she remembers this? ShinB quietly panics on the inside but hides it all with a smile because they are in the middle of a schedule, in front of others, in front of their fans. As she continues to play with the toy Yerin bends over to take a look at the object between her hands.

I'll just go with Yerin unnie, it's a reasonable choice, ShinB then thinks. She looks up and turns to Yuju, watching her explain with a neutral expression while she is somehow feeling unusually uncomfortable inside. The words do not register in ShinB's mind even as it moves onto Umji's turn for the answer as she ponders even more about what she should say and before she knows it, it is already her turn. 

ShinB puts up a smile and answers as she has planned to and as she is supposed to, giving reasonable explanations as she goes along.

Yuju finds herself with her eyes on ShinB, not realising that her expression had slowly hardened. She only realises that she's been grimacing when she feels the pressure in her jaws as they tighten, and immediately turns away from ShinB to face the fans. She pushes the corners of her lips up, only to find them dropping almost immediately. 

She sees a fan making a heart sign with his arms and smiles in response, but just as before, her smile fades after a short while.

Why am I feeling like this? Yuju asks herself in her head as she feels her heart pounding against her ribs. 

 

author's notes:

i'm using a reference again,,, sorryyyy hahahaha i hope this update was okay woah i haven't written for this fic in a while