Part 21

Always

"A-Ah, I-I'll get a dance stage?" Yuju stutters through her words, still disbelieving from the information she has just heard. Her eyes anxiously dart as she tries to take a glance at their main dancer from the corner of her eye.

"Yeah, with Seventeen's Hoshi ssi," the information doesn't register in her mind.  

For the rest of the day, Yuju cannot help but be troubled by the opportunity. She knows that it's something wonderful- miraculous even, for her as the main vocal or more so as the worst dancer of GFriend to get a special dance stage. However, that only pulls down her spirits even more, instead of feeling encouraged. Once again as whenever she's troubled, Yuju silences herself and locks herself up within her own thoughts.

ShinB easily notices the tension on Yuju's face, but the busy day of practice does not allow the former to try and comfort the latter. It is only until when they are back at the dorm in the middle of the night that ShinB thinks she could give it a try to talk to the older. 

ShinB notices that Yuju carries out her daily routines alone, lifelessly and soundlessly. She sighs, not exactly sure how to help even though it's not the first time Yuju is silent due to her troubles. 

ShinB takes a deep breath before bravely stepping into the bedroom. She sees Yuju lying on her bed motionlessly, her eyes staring upwards yet at nothing at all. 

"Yuju unnie," ShinB softly calls out. 

Yuju shudders a little, for ShinB's presence has been completely unnoticed until. 

Yuju sits up and tries to smile a little. ShinB, too, reciprocates the effort, but it upsets her to see Yuju in such low spirits. ShinB seats herself down beside Yuju and places a hand on the latter's. 

"Unnie, don't be so anxious. I know you can do it," ShinB smiles at Yuju and lightly pats her, having noticed the frown on her face. 

"Aren't you jealous?" Yuju cannot help but ask. 

"Jealous?" ShinB furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "Why would I be?" she then begins laughing, "Maybe I would but I have enough solo dance stages already. Also, I believe in unnie's ability," she beams in confidence. 

Yuju is left agape by ShinB's words. "Why?" she softly questions.

"What do you mean why?" ShinB chuckles a little, "I just know that unnie is great and talented."

Yuju's frown slowly disappears and her lips creep into a small smile. "Gomawo, ShinB yah," she says as she feels warmth overcoming her heart. 

"If I'm jealous, it's because you're going to be dancing ily with some random guy," ShinB mutters and awkwardly laughs out loud in embarrassment after realising what she has said. "Unnie hwaiting!" ShinB claps and exclaims. 

"Hwang Eunbi!" they hear Sowon from the living room. 

"Oh sorry unnie wait I have to go get my-" ShinB immediately stands up to leave the room. 

"Gomawo," Yuju whispers. "You don't know how much that means to me, ShinB yah," she mutters as she turns away and retreats back to lying on her bed. 

ShinB knows that it is probably not meant for her to hear it, but she doesn't want to care and simply rejoices over Yuju's unspoken thoughts. Her head drops as she squeezes her eyes shut and smiles as her heart flutters. 

"You don't know how much I love you, unnie yah," ShinB whispers as if replying Yuju, but is stunned by her own words. 

No... ShinB shakes her head... I'm not supposed to say it yet!

ShinB fiddles with her hands frantically and does not move until she Yuju speaks again. 

"Why are you standing there?"

"No reason!" ShinB jumps and quickly replies before opening the bedroom door and taking a step out.

 

author's notes:

[230730] edits made here!