Part 6

Always

Yuju sighs when she enters the living room, seeing Yerin and ShinB cuddled up together. Someday sometime, Yerin has become ShinB's favourite unnie. She casually walks past them into the kitchen to get some water.

"Aish," she mutters under her breath, inwardly chiding herself because it's supposed to be a situation she's used to: ShinB being close to everyone, but her. Yuju remembers Yerin's words from a day ago and looks up to ponder. She slowly goes through all the names and realises: out of the 15 ways you can make a pair among the members, ShinB and Yuju make the most awkward pair. She grimaces upon the realisation and releases a small exasperated sigh through her nostrils.

"Unnie, your cup's overflowing!" Yuju is jutted out of her thoughts as ShinB rushes over to push Yuju's cup away from the water dispenser. She silently turns to watch the younger girl get a cloth from beside the basin to clear up the mess that she's created.

"Aish unnie, what were you thinking about?" says ShinB as she wipes the kitchen counter, "And you're just standing there while I'm cleaning up after you?"

Yuju blinks, startled. "Ah I'm sorry," she puts down her cup and reaches for a cloth to help. 

ShinB chuckles softly, "I was just joking."

Yuju turns around to see the living room empty. "Where's Yerin unnie?" she curiously asks.

"I'm right here and you're looking for Yerin unnie?" ShinB blurts out, the expression on her face showing that she's obviously offended.

Yuju swiftly turns her head back to face the younger girl before her, alarmed. Meanwhile, ShinB faces a panic attack for speaking without thinking.

ShinB nervously laughs to evade the situation. "She went in to sleep already," she answers and cleans up the remaining puddles on the kitchen counter. 

"I see," Yuju nods her head, so it's just you and me, she thinks. 

"Done," ShinB mutters and wrings the cloth in the sink, before putting it out to dry. Yuju decides to follow suit.

Yuju finally gets to drink and while she sips the water from her cup she watches as ShinB too, reaches for her own cup to get some water. 

Yuju puts her cup to where is is meant to be, and before leaving, she stretches out a hand and pats ShinB on the head. "Good night," she smiles before leaving. Why did I do that, she wonders in her head.

ShinB stands frozen for a second, stunned by the sudden gesture. Her lips curve to form a smile, and immediately she puts down her cup and goes after Yuju. 

"Good night unnie!" she grins and hugs the taller girl from the back. She releases the hug with a giggle and returns to her cup.

Yuju turns around with a smile, only to see the back vision of the girl.

"Hurry up and sleep too, arasseo?" Yuju says before walking away. Her heart still feels warm from ShinB's act, and she cannot help but smile even wider thinking about it.