Part 1

Always

Eunbi silently scoffs hearing that there's a new trainee. She stays still to pay attention as she eavesdrops on the conversation between two other trainees.

"Have you seen her yet?" Sojung, an older trainee asks.

"Yeah," Yerin answers, "Her voice is really good! She's probably going to be our main vocal if we debut as a group-"

Eunbi silently clicks her tongue and stands up to walk away. Debut in the same group? she releases a small skeptical grunt, when I've trained for so long but everyone else?

As she walks out of the room she is stunned, her path blocked by a tall girl who seems to be walking in. She looks up and her jaw drops, taken aback by the beautiful, fair face before her. 

"Ah I'm sorry, can I enter?" the girl bows a little as she speaks.

Eunbi blinks, still awed by the pretty face she's looking at. "Sure," she moves aside from the door and bows. Eunbi tilts her head in confusion; something tells her that the face is familiar.

As the girl opens the door to enter Eunbi uncontrollably turns her head to look, unable to bring her eyes off her. 

"I'm sorry, are you coming in as well?" she is once again shaken back to her senses as the girl speaks.

"Oh," Eunbi mumbles and nods her head, and bows a little before following her in. 

Eunbi returns to her spot at the mirror and seats herself down. Initially planning on retreating back to her own world, Eunbi cannot help but steal glances at the new face.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Yuna ibnida," the girl bows and introduces herself, "Please take care of me!"

A smile unconsciously forms on Eunbi's face. Her voice warms Eunbi's heart as if it were the voice of an angel.

Wait, Eunbi stops herself. Choi Yuna! Eunbi's eyes widen upon the realisation.

"Ah, it must be you!" Yerin says with a bright smile.

"Please sit down," Sojung, too, is smiling at Yuna. Yuna nods her head and obediently settles herself down on the floor before the two older trainees.

"I'm Jung Yerin, nice to meet you," Yerin grins with an outstretched hand. Yuna bows while seated and reciprocates the handshake.

"I'm Kim Sojung, nice to meet you," Sojung too, initiates a handshake while introducing herself, to which Yuna repeats her actions.

"Eunbi, come over!" Eunbi lifts up her head to hear her voice being called, "Introduce yourself too," she sees Sojung and Yerin smiling at her.

Eunbi somehow willingly follows the instructions, which gives herself an unusual feeling, and seats herself in between the new trainee and the two older ones.

With Choi Yuna's eyes on her, Eunbi feels especially jittery for a reason she cannot fathom. She notices how the older girl's eyes are sparkling; the warm smile she wears on her lips draws her in. Has this unnie always been so pretty even back at Loen?

"A-Annyeonghaseyo, Hwang Eunbi ibnida," she bows and introduces herself formally. Why am I stuttering? she asks herself and furrows her eyebrows.

"How old are you?" Yerin continues asking, as usual for her bright personality.

"I'm born in 97..." Yuna answers slowly, still anxious.

"Ah, so our Hwang Eunbi is still the maknae here!" Eunbi lifts her head up with wide eyes, stunned that Yerin has now an arm around Eunbi.

Yerin must have noticed the look on her face. "Sorry," she sheepishly grins and pulls back her arm.

Not wanting to appear hostile before the new trainee, Eunbi decides to open . Expressionlessly she mutters, "Aniyo, Kim Yewon is the maknae."

"Ah," Yerin appears to be visibly taken aback by her response. "Right, she came three days ago..."

Eunbi turns away from Yerin without a word. Her eyes land on Yuna, whose beauty still mesmerises Eunbi. Suddenly, Yuna turns to face her and their eyes meet.

Eunbi immediately turns away.

Later in the day, Yuna catches Eunbi who has been passive in engaging with her throughout the morning. "Hwang Eunbi ssi, I know you, right?" she asks with a hand gripped onto Eunbi's arm. 

Eunbi is frozen from the confrontation. The touch further sets her dumfounded.

Eunbi does not answer, but Yuna receives her reply through her eyes. "I was right, right? You are the Hwang Eunbi I met in Loen. It's been a while."

Eunbi finally finds her voice. "It's been a while," her lips crack into a small smile.

When Yuna breaks into her radiant smile, Eunbi's heart skips a beat.