Chapter 9 Unexpected Meeting

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s such a nice and sunny Sunday and Ji eun decided to go out and walk, declining Seohyun’s request of  going out together because she knows that Joohyuk and her will spend quality time, given the fact that they don’t have classes on Sundays. Any sane university or academy doesn’t have classes every Sunday though. That thought made her chuckle. So that means, their school have a high chance of being normal even if they offer Korean calligraphy lessons to every course, damn it; that thing is very difficult to learn! Aigoo, she’s going nuts just thinking of that mere subject.

 

 

She was walking aimlessly, embracing the soft breeze of the wind outside of Yeouido Hangang Park; where she can see group of friends who hang out and take pictures, some are couples that are too sweet for their own and teenagers that was riding their bikes and making bets to who’s going to be the fastest.

 

 

 

She inhaled a good amount of fresh air and smiles in content and resume her walk while roaming her eyes around. This part of Seoul has plants and the grasses are greener than the city has. It’s good for those people who wanted to take a stroll with a calm ambiance and for those people who wanted to think because the cars and other vehicles doesn’t pass by here frequently, only bikes and those transportations that don’t include gas to pollute the air or those who aren’t big enough to destroy the trees come here often. Grandmothers and Granfathers used to be here every morning to take a walk or to jog. Today though, fewer people are here.

 

Hangang was created through the “Hangang River Comprehensive Development Project” in the 1980s, covering a huge area that is dedicated to the citizens, providing areas for sports and relaxation. You can see many people strolling or jogging along the trail paths, in-line skaters, bicyclers, and soccer fields or basketball courts. It’s beautiful in the evenings as well, filled with the lights from Hangang River, the surrounding city buildings, streets, and the traffic. The sound of the river waves blend well with the city’s nightscape. It is especially good to use the ferry cruise in the evening as well, viewing the river area and scenery in the pleasant river breeze.

 

 

Ji eun often come here to unwind and have a peaceful mind because she likes calm and delicate things like that and definitely the fresh air it gives to people. She smiled and made a twirl “Ji eun!” someone called and she turn around to see the smiling Haneul with his bicycle.  

 

 

Her pupils dilate and she gave him a warm smile and a wave of hello. Days pass by when they became closer and comfortable with each other’s presence, even sitting together and eating lunch together sometimes.

 

 

“What brings you here?” he got off of his bicycle and pushed it forward to where she is.

 

 

“I was just strolling because it’s Sunday and tomorrow’s going to be Monday and classes will start again. I want to spoil myself for a while” she said and her eyes fell into the bicycle that he is dragging along with him.

 

 

He chuckled “Don’t worry, I’ll seat beside you to every schedule that we matched and explain those formulas that you kept on killing with your glare” he said and she playfully glare at him.

 

 

“Like this?” she squint her eyes and he laugh and they both ended up laughing.

 

 

“What are you doing here too?” she ask.

 

 

“Just strolling too” he replied with a chuckle “Wanna go with me?” he noticed how she looked at his bicycle. Hi figured maybe she wants to ride with it.

 

 

Her eyes, which were glancing at his bicycle, immediately lifted itself up and look at him “What?” she asks dumbly and he just smiled, showing his pearly white teeth.

 

“I asked if you want to come with me since we’re both strolling. That way, you won’t be tired easily because you’re going to ride on my bike and you get to see better views without getting tired that easy. So? What do you say?” he said and stretch his palm to her direction.

 

 

Haneul has always been giving off that princely, gentlemanly and calm attitude and Ji eun can’t help but to smile at his princely action. She fixed her voice and gave her hand “I would be delighted to” she said and they both burst into fits of laughter with their fail attempt to sound and look like royalties.

 

 

“Hold on tight” he said and she uttered an “aye aye captain. But are you sure you’re not going to somewhere important? Maybe I was being—“

 

 

The bicycle’s tire started to spin and they take off before she could continue talking “Don’t worry, it’s Sunday and my schedule is free today.” He said with a smile.

 

 

“Woah~~” Ji eun uttered with a smile as she closed her eyes and feel the wind brushed through her face and her hair.

 

 

 

“So, how was it?” he aks as he kept on stepping on the pedal with a steady rhythm.

 

 

Ji eun roam her eyes into the beautiful scenic view “It’s great!” she said and look at the other views.

 

 

They pass by the Soccer Field, Volleyball Court, and Basketball Court when their stomachs made itself known. They ate at the tent bar nearby and Ji eun insisted on ordering and paying.

 

 

Haneul look at her in worry “Ji eun-ah” he called and she glance at him “Yes

Please log in to read the full chapter