Chapter 6 A surprising help

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everyone is talking here, gossiping there, playing paper planes like elementary students…just doing their own business while I, on the other hand just kept on sighing. She closed her eyes. She’s feeling restless these days as she was often visited by nightmares of that wolf dog, which killed his brothers. That dream before her prelim examination was followed by another dreams, it was light at first, but it became bloody and dark.

 

 

That man was heartless; it’s as if he has no heart at all. He killed several of people who come into his way, who questioned his life and who oppose him. He killed. His hands were tainted with blood and his life is so dark.

 

 

Ji eun was afraid of him like everyone else in her dream. It was becoming her nightmare again that sometimes she is having an impending headache which grew noticeable to her parents since she can’t stand the pain sometimes and she always had to faint. Sometimes, she wouldn’t sleep at all, afraid that that nightmare will come and visit her again.

 

 

Joohyuk and Seohyun was becoming more worried than her; accompanying her to anywhere she goes and being very attentive to everything that she needs. Seohyun insisted that she should go back into the boarding house and she did, just to stop the younger from always pestering her.

 

 

A blag made her opened her eyes quickly and roamed around just to see their professor’s grim face “I can see that all of you doesn’t quite enjoy history a lot and it made me question why, is it because it’s boring? Is it because I was bad at teaching all of you? I know that and all of you know that history is very important, right? What if you got transported into the Goryo, Silla or Baekjae era? What will you do to survive if you don’t know anything?” he said and pinch the bridge of his nose and sigh. He must be so frustrated because of their performance on his subject…his very own profession: History.

 

 

Aigoo,  Ji eun smell trouble “But, that is not what is important. The important thing is for you students to know the importance of history that our ancestors have! And that every one of you is clueless of even one third of it! Ah jinja, it’s making me frustrated. Good thing the principal agreed to the proposal that I arranged very well for you” he said and smiled; that kind of smile that gave all of them the creeps.

 

 

“Ah, saem. Why are you being like this?” One of the male students asked with a worried face.

 

“A very good question, Woon. That is because I am your teacher and I am going to teach you a lesson for neglecting your history. I am disappointed at your performance on your prelims and it is frown upon to all of the departments.  History is an important role in our society, without it…the basic needs here in the entire Korea wouldn’t be discovered. Do you know that a court lady in Goryo era first invented soaps? Of course you wouldn’t know because all of you only concentrated with your gossips about Korean dramas, your namja chinggu, yeoja chinggu and those fashion people! Now, I hope you will learn a thing or two from this punishment”

 

“But…what is the punishment that you kept on talking, saem?” a voice that made Ji eun’s skin crawl and made her insides go haywire. Her eyes widen. Why is that heartless snake here? She shut her eyes tightly. Don’t tell me we’re blockmates or classmates or whatever you call that?!

 

Aigoo. She sigh. I’m smelling trouble; I should just stay invisible to this world. I nodded. That’s right! I should just avoid him at all cost. Yes, that’s it. To avoid trouble, I should avoid that heartless snake. Aish! My still hurts!

 

She focused on their professor who smirks at them. Uh oh. “All of you are going to travel back in time…to the three kingdoms period” he said “Don’t worry; I will only take those students who were failing history. I gathered the names and I will be texting those people that will come no matter what or I’ll fail you. That’s all for today, annyeong~” he added and left merrily while they gape.

 

 

Ji eun just sigh and close her eyes but when she remembers that a nightmare will visit her again. She immediately opened her tired eyes. She can’t keep on doing this and she knows that. She sighs in distress.

 

She slowly stood up but her vision became blurry in a split second, she thought she’s going to fall, thanks to the arms of her savior. “Are you okay?” a soft, worried and caring voice of Haneul entered her ears.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter