Chapter 22 His Queen

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Here I am...saving you, but it seems like you're expecting someone else..." he said with a slow shake of his head. Seemingly disappointed about something and began to walk away.

 

 


I tiredly look at his back I know that I like someone else, but why is it I can't let go of you? My eyes nearly bulged out of its own socket on that thought. 

 

 

Just why does it keep on slipping off of my mind? Why do I get this budding feeling that seems to grow without my permission? Or do I even have to gave it permission to grow? Or maybe...I'm just denying it all over again?

 

 

 

Because denying is better than I caught myself in a forbidden gem. 

 

 


And then I realized something..

 

 

 

Wait.

 

 

 

Why the heck is he here?! He should be in the hospital for heaven's sake! My eyes grew large from the sudden realization of my dazed mind. 

 

 


I ran after him and caught his arm "what?" He asks in irritation. 

 

 


"You should be in the hospital, why are you here?" I asked, almost breathless. I'm worried, alright. I can't help it, it's my fault! I should've been more careful of my surroundings specially what I eat. 


 


He laughed, but it is obviously forced "And here I am baring my soul to a clueless one, really" he said, more to himself and turn to me "Because I can, and I will" he said and walked away.

 

 


"Wait!" I exclaimed and ram after him again but a Janitor came and I nearly bump into him.

 

 


Joon Gi quickly grab a hold of my shirt and pull me towards him. He sigh "How can trouble sniff you, I don't know. Tsk tsk tsk" he said and let go of my shirt like a tissue he just used. I frown on that thought.  

 


We walked through the hallways quietly "Why aren't you in a hospital?" I said in a whisper.

 


"Because I know that you're will get in trouble"

 


"Why do you keep on helping me?" I asked through the empty hallways and he stopped walking. 

 


"That..." He said, a ghost of smile tugging his lips "...I'm still finding out why" he added. I look at him and he is already looking afar "You weren't supposed to be in the picture...it's just that you came unexpectedly" he said with a sigh.

 

 

"What do you mean?" I curiously lift an eyebrow. 

 

 


He look back at me squarely in the eyes. He ducked a bit so that his head and my head are on the same level.

 

 

He inched closer and I back away. 

 

 

 

What the heck?! 

 

 


My heart just pumped blood two times faster!

 

 


"I guess I don't want you to be involved into whatever is going on" his eyes turned sad "...you're too innocent" he said softly while looking into my eyes. He smiled when I backed away and pat my head.

 

 


He walked away and the sky decided to wipe our school clean, it rained. 

 

 

 

I remembered his jacket and I look at the soft leather one on my shoulder. He might get more sick and so I ran to him "Ya! Lee Joon Gi!" I yelled but he is not listening. I don't know if he is doing it intentionally or unintentionally to get rid of me.

 

 

I frown when he crossed the road. This hard headed! Seriously! "Ya!" I followed him and trip because of the slippery road.

 

 

I groan in pain

 

 

 

"Ji eun!" he called my name and I can't help ut to smile. I look dumb right now but I don't care, maybe i'm just happy? I don't know, the fact that he cares about me is one thing and the fact that a feeling is starting to grow inside me is another thing. How can I juggle this two things at once and appear normal to his eyes? He is very observant, that I know and I'm afraid if this feeling is exposed to him because he has already a girl in his heart and I don't have a plan to interfere. 

 

I hang my head low as he crouch down and check the wound on my knee "Are you okay?" He asks a

Please log in to read the full chapter