Chapter 21 Trouble

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ji Eun’s P.O.V

 

 

My mind is baffled. I went to my doctor (after our trip back in time) for a thorough check up and he said I’m totally fine and normal. I have this crazy and trust issue thing going on and it is showing on my face and he let me see all of the results of my lab tests and…

 

 

It’s all normal! Like…nothing went wrong and that there’s nothing! Just pure nothing! No glitch, no triggers of my illness just no nothing!

 

 

Am I going crazy? Or am I just too paranoid?

 

 

It’s frustrating actually. Feeling all those fears creeping in your heart, gripping it tightly making you breathless.

 

 

I grab my things for the next subject, closed my locker and turned around. Only to bump into a rock hard chest. I caught a smell of a masculine perfume that was all too familiar with me already that made me gulp. If I had the choice of not knowing who it was then I’m up for it!

 

 

YES! I am still avoiding every chance that we would bump into each other because I am a woman with one word. I gave Haneul my word and that would NOT change. I would not swerve. I’m afraid that because of me, their relationship will encounter another roller coaster problems, trust issues here and there and problems after problems will arise and I have my own short life, I won’t want to sign up for petty things like being the reason why a very beautiful relationship to end. I’m speaking like an over acting person and I don’t care because that could happen, given the fact that Hanna’s blood is boiling every time she saw me with her fiancé.

 

 

I took a little peek and it confirmed my suspicions. It was him! Omo! I can’t think of anything so I just pretended…

 

 

Third Person’s P.O.V

 

 

“Omo!” she exclaimed and after checking who it was, she ducked her head “Ah! Ayayayayaaa” and pretended to nurse her head and stealthily look for an escape route. She was about to pass by him but he took a step in front of her, trapping her.

 

 

 

She took a step at her right and he did the same. She took a step on her left side and he mimicked her again “You bumped into me” he said “Are you avoiding me again? Really?” he added with a shrug, giving her a scrutinizing gaze and a playful smile.

 

 

She look away “Ah—ani! Why would I avoid you? Ha ha ha! I’m not! Oh! Seohyun is calling me, I gotta go…bye!” she said and excuse herself but she wasn’t able to take two steps when he grab her arm.

 

 

“Really…”

 

 

She slowly look up and found his eyes. It felt like time stopped when their eyes met. Feels like how they look at each other when they first met. His cat-like eyes is staring straight into her own eyes, like it was digging into her soul, looking for secrets that she kept in the pits of her soul, locked and forever close. Those familiar eyes are staring back at her own with great intensity that can’t make her look away like how he can’t look away. It’s like they’re stuck into each other’s eyes. Imprison into a world only the two of them exists.

 

 

She doesn’t know why, but she has this gut feeling that she has seen those pair of eyes that he owns somewhere. She can’t remember where, but she knows that she had seen that pair of eyes somewhere.

 

 

Her eyes travelled to his hair. She just noticed that his hair was a bit long and his bangs looked like stalactites; it was rough around its edges and it’s also sharp-looking. He really looks like a bad boy.

 

 

His eyes scanned her face, it was the same, the same face that—

 

 

A pen suddenly dropped to the floor, making a thundering noise into the two’s ears, and as if they’re back in time and their brain began to work, they woke up from their trance.

 

 

“Oh, u-uhm...” they both looked away from each other, embarrassed.

 

 

He cleared his throat and was about to say something but was interrupted when an arm hooked itself into his arm tightly.

 

 

“Oppa! Let’s go get lunch?” Hanna’s over excited voice entered their ears.

 

 

Ji eun is looking elsewhere, as if caught like a deer in red light, just standing. She can’t seem to lift her feet to walk away.

 

“Uhm…okay” Joon Gi agreed to Hanna but his eyes remained to Ji eun’s uneasy looking ones as they departed.

 

 

Ji eun, as if waking up in a dream, willed herself to walk. Why does it feel like her heart just stopped? What is wrong with her? Lately, she’s been having this gnawing feeling…

 

 

She had an idea, but she is just too afraid to accept the fact that maybe she’s just in denial with everything while it keeps on creeping, spreading like a wildfire, making itself known, into her system.

 

 

She will deny and deny that little pinch in her heart, that little tingling sensation that felt so sad that almost took her breath away. Nope! She won’t be accepting any complex things!

 

 

She knows… she has an idea, but she won’t acknowledge it. No, she can’t do that. Never in her wildest dreams would she acknowledge that thing because it’s impossible…waaaaay toooo impossible to happen!

 

 

She sat into a two-seater table in the cafeteria, far away from those noisy people, her eyes daze as she look at nothingness.

 

 

 

“Noona!”

 

 

 

“Nooooonaaaa!”

 

 

 

Her head slowly look at her right side and found a head, inches away from her, smiling like a clown “AAA—uhmmmppp!” she screamed in fright and pried the hand, clamping to shut up.

 

 

“Noona! It’s me! Baekhyun! Please don’t scream, jebaaaal” the kid pleaded with distressed and she nodded her head and he removed his hand into .

 

 

 

“What on earth?!” she roared and glared at the Baekhyun that looked like a puppy, getting a scold from his owner.

 

 

 

He was pouting while scratching the back of his head “What are you doing here anyway? Juniors have their own cafeteria” Ji eun said, her eyebrows mashed as she look at the kid and scold him like a mother hen.

 

 

“And according to my brain cells, you still have a class; Junior’s lunch is still twenty minutes away. Did you skip class?” she asked.

 

 

He pouted and wasn’t able to talk when Joohyuk and Seohyun arrived “Unnieeee~~~” Seohyun exclaimed and was about to give her a hug when Ji eun glared at her.

 

 

She pouted “Arasso arasso! Aish! You’re still not a hugger I guess” she said and sat down to a chair that Joohyuk gave.

 

 

 

“Oh? You’re dating a junior soccer player?” she asked playfully “Annyeong Baekhyunie~!” she greeted. Players like Joohyuk and Baekhyun and of course, a cheerleader like her, will always flock whenever there’s meets, interhighs and all that inter something going on with their weird school.

 

 

 

“Noona! Hyung!” he exclaimed.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun-ah, what are you doing here?” Joohyuk asked, dragging a chair into their table.

 

 

“I was just about to give noona an invitation for my birthday two days from now and Hyung! She agreed to sing!” the junior happily said.

 

 

“Oh really? You’re able to make the great Lee Ji eun to agree to sing?” Joohyuk asked in surprise as he look at Ji eun “You agreed?”

 

 

 

“Yeah” she replied and drank her strawberry milk that Joohyuk gave.

 

 

 

“Oh?! She’s going to sing? I can’t wait to see it!” Seohyun said.

 

 

Ji eun looked at them in nonchalance “I don’t get why I have to sing on this lil boy’s birthday bash. Do I look like an opera singer to you?” she aske

Please log in to read the full chapter