Chapter 10 A Hidden Secret

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes and look at the ceiling of my room, wait, my room? This is not how my ceiling looks, this is not how the boarding house’s ceiling looks. I tried to get up and groan upon feeling a slight pain at the back of my head. What happened? I was clueless. My head is still fuzzy from the events yesterday. I tried to get up again when I heard some shuffling of feet outside.

 

 

 

The door opened and a familiar face came in carrying a tray of mouthwatering food that clung into my nostrils. I realize I was hungry. A feminine chuckle erupted from the familiar face of a halmoni that put the tray into a wooden table. I saw a a picture frame of a young boy with a woman around twenty’s; the woman was smiling as her big and dolly eyes were smiling also and the little boy that has this chinky cat-like eyes was bashfully smiling at the camera while holding a hand of a little girl that has the same chinky eyes as his.

 

 

 

 

“Aigoo, that was Joon Gi, his mother which is my daughter Hee Jin and his little sister, Chaerin” the halmoni said, making my head turn to her direction and after some brain processing, I therefore conclude that this halmoni is that terrible snake of a person that I nearly hit with Haneul’s bicycle.

 

 

I gasp, eyes widening I kept on bowing “Joon Gi’s halmoni, I’m really sorry! It was not my intention—“

 

 

“Aigoo, stop saying sorry, my dear. It was all in the past” she said and smiled at me warmly and put the tray of delicious smelling food in front of me “Come and I’ll feed you” she offered a spoonful of rice with herbs and I immediately shook my head.

 

 

“Joon Gi’s—“

 

 

She hissed playfully “Just call me Halmoni, I don’t mind” she said and gave me a wink. Wow, who would have thought that terrible had a cool grandmother?

 

 

 

“Ha-halmoni, don’t worry I can still use my hand, it’s not injured—“

 

 

 

 

“I insist, dear. Please comply to the request of an elderly woman that is me” she said with a pout and I chuckled.

 

 

“Arasso arasso, Halmoni” I give up and complied. She happily beamed at me and feed me spoonful of everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was in class when I carefully place my hand at the back of my head. I sigh in worry. My headaches are getting worst as the days pass by. I close my eyes and opened them to see blur images. This is bad. I excused myself for a while and went to a classroom that was just beside ours.

 

 

 

I called Joo Hyuk that I was in front and he immediately came into my aid. "What's wrong?" he asked in concern.

 

 

 

"My glasses...I need them. Can you fetch it for me? Jebal, I feel dizzy" I said weakly and I can imagine his eyes widening as he held my left arm and helped me walk through the corridors and left me in the infirmary.

 

 

 

He left and SeoHyun came "Unnie!" she exclaimed the moment she saw me. She held my hand and squeezed it to give warmth.

 

 

I was just closing my eyes. I can hear her sobs "Since when? Wae didn't you tell us sooner? What happened to you? Where did you sleep last night?" she asked, her broken voice broke my heart. She is like a sister to me like Joohyuk, we Became closer as we spend more time together because we're roommates and board mates as well.

 

 

 

"Seohyun-ah, I'm fine. I was just dizzy. Don’t worry, Joohyuk is going to fetch my glasses for me, I was just feeling—"

 

 

"Ani, you're not okay!” she exclaimed “It's starting again, huh?” she added, panicking “Tell me, did you really proceed into the surgery?" She asks softly. She was talking about a surgery that the doctor advised me to undergo when I was still in the US. I wasn’t supposed to tell it to her but Joohyuk accidentally slip his tongue and Seohyun found out about it.

 

I became silent and her cries began to be louder than usual "Unnie, waeyo?!"

 

 

My eyes started to moist as I was just staring ahead. I can't really face her, because I can't look at her. It's not like I am being a coward, it's just that my line of vision is really blur and I won't be able to see her face. So, it will be useless... But even if I can't see her face, I know that it would break my heart to see her tear streaking face.

 

 

The doctor showed my CT (registration) and MRI scan to me and look at me “You get headaches often. Absences seizures. You also blackout often and doesn’t remember much when it happens” he explained and pointed at, a what seems to be to be a bubblegum looking thing in my skull. “This is called Meningioma. The meningioma is near your sphenoid bone. It had gotten big since your last scan. You got both cases, the rare one and the common one. You need to get treated as soon as possible”

 

 

My heartbeat accelerated “W-what would be the treatment?” I ask, clutching my school backpack. I collapse when I was about to report for our biology, I was rushed h

Please log in to read the full chapter