Chapter 12 Scars Within

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Time flies and so as their days of being a college student. They’ve just finished taking their midterm examination for the second semester last two days ago and as usual, all of the students’ brains are not fried anymore and, as of now, relaxing and having their leisure time, except for one lone student at the rooftop.

 

 

Sighing, he got up, dusted his pants and look down at the students that was wearing the same uniform as his, doing their own thing. He kept his silence, as the wind softly blows softly, in order to let his brain calculate the things that needs to be done before he will take another step. His skill for chess is nothing compared to these losers studying in this prestigious school you know.  

 

 

Chess is a game played between two opponents, yet the game of chess that he is playing is different as the game is between him and the opponent that he still doesn’t know. But sooner or later, he will find out the identity of that merciless, heartless despicable human being that killed his own mother and his little sister. Revenge is not good? Nope, it’s good and it is the only thing that kept Joon Gi alive for more than sixteen years. That mere word is the driving force that kept him from suicide. Yes, he is crazy. He is so crazy that he wants justice for the love of his life that was killed.

 

 

They think he believes that fabricated lie that was aired on national television? They thought he was so dumb as to not investigate the whole ordeal? They thought he is so stupid that he would believe that it was just a mere car accident? They’re ing wrong! All his life, he only wants to live in peace together with his loving mother and little sister—even if his sister’s father is an abusive drunkard who would beat him up for fun— He doesn’t care if his biological father is not by their side; he understands it by the raw age of seven. He already knows that he doesn’t have a father and that his father has another family already. Why? Because he has to ing grow up! He needs to be mature to understand a lot of things for his mother and his little sister’s sake. He needs to grow up even if he was just too young back then. He understands every tears that his mother wipe every midnight, when his sister’s father is already drunk to sleep,  gazing at a picture of a man that he hates with all of his heart and existence. Because if not for that man, his mother won’t have that pained expression when she looks at him sometimes! Yes! Because that man has a similar facial structures as his! And he hates it the most! He ing hates it because his mere existence can be painful for his mother to watch.

 

 

But his mother loved him so much too, she loved the two of them and he cannot be more than thankful for her efforts to stay alive at a foreign country with another bastard, an abusive one at that. Yes, they left South Korea because that bastard lives there and he is one of the most powerful and rich . And yes, his mother remarried and it’s another bastard that hates him and would beat him up if he didn’t came back home with money from begging to foreigners who pass by on the cold streets of America.  

 

 

Eventually, his biological bastard of a father found out about his existence and demands his mother to let them meet. His mother declined but the other bastard, the abusive one was too greedy and forced his mother to meet with the rich bastard of a biological father of his.

 

 

 That day, that ing unfortunate rainy day was the last day that Joon Gi saw the two women in his life smile at him and wished him good luck.

 

 

He was wearing a plain white shirt and an old looking pants when a driver of his biological father fetch them from his grandmother’s house. His mother was wearing a very beautiful and simple white blouse and his sister was wearing a white dress that stopped below her cute little knees.  That day, their white shirts were tainted with blood and everything became dark.

 

 

That day, they dropped him off because his mother and sister didn’t came inside the gigantic mansion. As he watch the retreating back of the black car from afar, it suddenly swayed from left to right and his heart thundered in his chest, he is becoming nervous all of a sudden. He immediately dialed his mother’s number.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter