Chapter 23 More Than A Friend

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Days pass by like a blur and our days as college students can now be counted on our fingers. All of the hardships, the late night studying, the projects that we need to pass on time, the surprise quizzes of our professors, and the stress levels that we’ve been through are now coming into an end.

 

 

I’m roaming my eyes around the campus, currently it was deserted and only few fourth year colleges are here to decorate. Yes, even if our school is a private and expensive kaching kaching, the decorations are entrusted to us because our professor said that it’s our last bonding time, aside from the senior’s farewell party that will be held at night before our graduation.

 

 

I inhaled the fresh smell of the morning and exhaled with a smile. Today, I will help out with them because most of the people there are my friends and this might me the last day that I’ll be able to have a bond with them, because sadly…I also need to go.

 

 

 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and exhaled the breath that I’m holding. Last night I received an e-mail from my doctor, in the U.S that the schedule has been changed into an earlier one because one of the patients died and my surgery is the next one and so they decided to give that schedule to me. I need to be in states before my scheduled surgery because the doctors need to conduct some tests before I go through with it.

 

 

My smile became sad. There are a lot of memories here that seems to be occurring before my eyes every time I would look into a particular spot.

 

 

The open field where I, Joohyuk and Seohyun used to hang out a lot. The open field where a lot of different people would hang out too and do their own thing.

 

 

The lockers…where I saw Joon Gi’s sinful abs and his cool and commanding aura…

 

 

 

The soccer field where I met the ever enthusiastic and childish Baekhyun…

 

 

 

The bench where Haneul talked to me about Joon Gi and Hanna’s beautiful but troubled relationship.

 

 

My shoulders slouched as I sigh heavily. I’ll miss this so much and I don’t even know if I’ll be able to remember those precious moments. And in order to preserve those beautiful memories, after I agreed to do the surgery I kept a diary, because there’s twenty percent chance that I’ll be able to keep my memories. It’s sad, but I need to do it for Eomma and Appa. They already lose Jisoo unnie and I am not heartless enough to let them lose another daughter again, they’ll be devastated and I don’t want that. I wanted to keep a diary because then I would have access to my memories when I’ll forget them. And even though I won’t be able to remember their faces, my diary will give them justice.

 

 

 

I walked through the hallways and saw familiar and unfamiliar faces. Some are busy for their Thesis, some are busy for their final requirements and some are helping out with the final touches of our graduation that will exactly happen three weeks from now. Yes, they are that excited for it.

 

 

I opened my locker and saw my diary there, lying peacefully. I always kept my diary here in school so that I could write every time I have a free time. I held the hardbound cover and caressed it like a precious gem.

 

 

My only salvation.

 

 

 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turn around only to see Joohyuk’s wide grin “Seohyun is practicing today for their performance on our Farewell Party, let’s go and watch her!” he said with excitement.

 

 

I quickly grab a hold of my notebook and immediately tuck it in my bag and locked my locker “Sure! I was about to go anyways” I agreed and gave a small smile.

 

 

He handed me my favorite strawberry milk and I happily put the straw and began to drink it “How are you these days?” he asks, rather seriously. Both he and Seohyun has been really attentive to me and my needs and even go as far as monitoring my intake of medicines.

 

 

“I am fine, Joohyuk. I’m still going to live, you’re overacting” I replied with a roll of eyes which earned a chuckle from him. “So, is everything good between you and hyung?” he asks one more time.

 

 

My smile turned sour “Must you always ask that? Of course we’re fine; it’s just that we’re better off without each other’s company” I answered and sip on my strawberry milk.

 

 

I heard his long and heavy sigh “Pride is too expensive nowadays, don’t you think?” he asks.

 

 

I pat his back “Gwaenchanha, it’s not like it’s the end of the world and this is for the better I guess, I wo

Please log in to read the full chapter