Chapter 13 Dealing with

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

His face was so serious after he ended the call. He sigh in frustration and whispered a cursed. It’s one of those days where he has to do some duties including being the son of his father. He needs to endure another twenty four hours of up-ness again. He took a seat and emptied his bottled water.

 

After he turned eighteen, he left that hell whole they called mansion and tuck himself to his grandmother’s house. His father was obviously furious about it because he is the legal guardian but Joon Gi is already eighteen and he is free from that hell whole and because his disappearance is causing a great toll on his father, they settled an agreement.

 

As much as Joon Gi hates his step mother, he doesn’t have a choice but to comply into the agreement of him spending at least twenty four hours at that goddamn mansion. ing hell. He wished he never agreed to that ing agreement, but regretting now is too late.

 

 

What can he do? He needs to it up if he wants his revenge to go along with him. He needs his monthly allowance to do things because, let’s get real, things won’t do anything for you if you don’t fuel it with money and obviously those things require a large sum of money and if he didn’t stick with his father, he can’t do anything and he is not a very patient person that ever lived.

 

It’s not that he can’t survive without his father’s money, he can. In fact, he is working part time and is the one providing for himself and his grandmother, But because investigating a case sixteen years ago secretly is so ing hard without the authorities sniffing and sticking their nose into those stuff, he needs to shut them up. He can’t risk anything. He can’t afford to leak anything, now that he still doesn’t know the identity or who the hell is his opponent in this dangerous game of chess that he is playing, he needs to be more cautious than ever while maintaining his low profile image into the frame.

 

He can’t afford to risk all his hard work. He can’t just take a step without deep calculations, because one mere mistake can cause him a lot. He doesn’t want that. He needs everything to be perfect in order to execute his revenge and to bring justice to his mother and little sister. His face softens upon remembering his mother and little sister.

 

His phone rang, breaking him from his thoughts that are slowly dragging him to those dark parts that he tried to avoid. He can never be thankful for the caller. “Yes? Did you find the person that I’ve been looking for for the past two years?” he said fluently in English with an accent as well. Well, growing up and experiencing the harsh world on the streets of America and the struggle to learn the language of that country, in order for him to understand and swallow every damn criticizing those ing people say whenever they would give him a dollar or cent or would sometimes spit at his face, is not so bad after all.

 

 

He can use their language for faster transactions instead of trusting some people around him, such as his other fellow Koreans. Don’t get him wrong, he knows who to trust. He won’t be doing this stuff if he didn’t know any better. He knows that that person is powerful enough like his own father and has eyes on every parts of South Korea; he wouldn’t be surprised if that person’s connections extend up to the North.

 

 

“Good. I’ll be there, make sure to secure that motherer until I get my hands on him. Don’t torture him that much; I need him to be sane when he saw my face again for the last sixteen years. Also, I need the truth serum to be prepared already, I don’t want to wait when I landed and interrogate him myself. Good. See you in two days” he said, still in very fluent English, into the caller. He can vividly remember how that ing driver escaped the explosion without a scratch. It is such a coincidence that that driver felt the need to gave in to the call of nature in a very perfect time exactly when the car exploded. He smirk turned dark. He might escape that but he failed to evade another one coming in his way. He will make sure to squeeze the truth and details and to know who the hell is behind that not-so-accidental car explosion.

 

He look at his phone upon receiving an address of the warehouse and he immediately deleted it. He pressed the home button and the face of his mother, little sister and grandmother was plastered on his phone as his home screen wallpaper.

 

 

A thought came to him and he immediately dialed another number “Yoboseyo? Oh, Joohyuk-ah. I’ll be gone for two days, maybe three days or so, I need to take care of some things after this family thing. I won’t drag Halmoni to this mess, don’t worry. I just called to inform you and uh…” he said and swallowed the lump that formed into his throat. “Can you check if that kid is okay and keep her away from Hanna…aish! YA! I know you knew exactly—It’s that best friend of yours you stupid moron! YA! Stop laughing! It’s because Halmoni’s been asking me nonstop on what the hell happened to that girl! and I can’t even stop her from visiting that hospital when that girl got herself in trouble, okay? and she’s already so ing old and weak! She might die on the streets without anyone’s knowledge. As much as I like her being friends with other people, I don’t like it that she needs to go to that extent as to exert much effort to go wherever she wants to. She’s on a wheelchair for a reason and…I don’t know how those two became close as hell, I don’t know what that girl did to Halmoni …I just don’t want to see Halmoni in pain, Arasso? Yes, She kept talking about that Kid whenever she feels like talking about her, it ing hurts my ears; it’s already bleeding internally. Tell me if she’s alright and keep an eye on her as well. Halmoni is planning to fry my if ever something happens to her precious Ji eun. Arasso, Thanks. Bye” he sigh. That weird kid is not on my plans at all but it, I don’t have time to shoo her away. I can’t just shooo her away. His gaze soften. Halmoni is smilling a lot these days, I can’t take that smile away from her because of my thirst for revenge. I’m glad that she can bring sunshine to Halmoni’s face. Halmoni seems to be so fond of that kid and I’m already considering being a little nice to her for Halmoni’s sake.

 

 

 

He stopped his motorbike and look at the glorious black gigantic gate of his father’s mansion. Right now, he needs to it up and be quiet as much as possible. He’s too feed up with all the drama that happened in his life when he was still living in this hell-whole. He is too used to

Please log in to read the full chapter