Chapter 20 Voices

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Afternoon came when I took a nap, surprisingly, didn’t have any migraines and nightmares. I’m a bit confuse as to why I felt so comfortable sleeping. Maybe my guardian angel came back from vacation? I chuckled and fixed myself.

 

 

I opened the door and nearly screamed upon seeing Joon Gi, leaning on my door frame, oozing with an intimidating aura while looking at elsewhere except me. “W-what are you doing here?” I asked, my heart beat accelerating…because I was freaking frightetened! This namja should know not to freak out people, especially people who’ll die eventually.

 

 

My self-pity was put into a halt when he replied, scratching his nape “Professor Sung Kyoon hyung grouped us a while ago in order to be done quickly for the evaluation of our essays and team work purposes for our report and uh…I am…uh I became your partner and we’re running late for lunch if I may add” he said, finally settling his eyes on me.

 

 

My mouth turned into an ‘O’ before realizing that I will be his partner. Oh my god! Nooooo! I promised Haneul that I will do my best to distance myself from Joon Gi so that Hanna won’t have any ideas about any possible relationship with me and Joon Gi which is false! False! Oh my god! That would be so impossible! I swear to god I will abstain from any sins in order to live a peaceful life before dying! “Oh my god! That can’t be right! Can we switch partners? Like you know, exchange partners perhaps?” I asked, half hyperventilating while we walk, having a one meter distance because I am sure as hell that Hanna has her eyes everywhere even if she is not here!

 

 

He look at me with exasperation “Why do you want to change partners? Joohyuk and Seohyun aren’t here and you aren’t close to anyone except me” he replied and I avoided his gaze.

 

 

Because I am uncomfortable with you! You idiot! My life will be in deep trouble if I keep on hanging out with you!

 

 

“Uhm, because you know, we have different assigned tittles! That’s r-right! Mine is all about what’s in between Joseon Dynasty and Goryeo Dynasty and yours is all about Silla because you already know too much about goryeo specially the fourth king of Goryeo” I said.

 

 

Professor Sung Kyoon gave us specific tittles of our own Essay and report in the morning and he also told us the reason why Joon Gi can’t participate on the topic of Goryeo, because it will be a privilege to him for he already knows too much about that kingdom of Goryeo.

 

 

He sigh “That’s because I get to hear it from eomma when I was still a little” he seemed hesitant at first but he shrug it off anyway. He looked at me and gave a small smile “It’s always my bedtime story” he informed and his eyes soften and my mouth turned into an ‘O’

 

 

 

“Woah! You have an amazing mom” I said in awe. Wow! My bedtime stories are all about Disney princess like snow white, Aladdin, Beauty and the beast and you know, those fairy tales with happy endings.

 

 

 

“Had” he corrected and sadness filled his eyes but it vanished quickly when he blinked.

 

 

I chuckled “It’s still a ‘have’” I said and he look at me with confusion “She may not be with us in this world, but she is still and will always be alive in the hearts of those people who loved her dearly, so it’s still a ‘have’” I said and gave him a fighting hand gesture.

 

 

I was confused as to why he stopped walking. I look back and when our eyes met, he suddenly smiled “Arasso arasso, I’m coming” he said and made a jog towards me.

 

 

I gulp.

 

 

 

He is already good looking even if he is not smiling, what more if he is smiling and his eyes are turning half moons? Like his smile right now? I immediately scolded myself and my reasonable brain defended me saying : What? I am just appreciating his smile! It’s not like what you think it is!

 

 

“Ya, professor is waiting. Let’s go” he said and grab my wrist and guide me to the hotel’s restaurant.

 

 

--

 

“We are currently at Ondal Tourist Park. These are used as the prinse’s palaces” Professor Sung Kyoon informed and showed us around “These place has become a popular shooting location for historical dramas, because this park has Chinese style buildings, such as houses for the nobleman and the layman, palace and also traditional market”

 

 

As I look at every corner, I felt a gnawing feeling in my gut.

 

 

“It seems like our fourth brother is not going to come”

 

 

Uhm, is it just me or I’m hearing voices?

 

“Sister, seeing him is so scary it gives me a headache”

 

I lo

Please log in to read the full chapter