Chapter 5 Recollection of Nightmares

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

She was standing in oblivion. She roams her eyes and found that she was in a room…nothing but black consumed her line of sight. “Where am I?” she whispered and took some steps forward, only to notice that she is wearing a traditional dress.

 

 

No matter if there’s a scar or not..

 

 

She whipped her head into the direction of the voice that was so awfully familiar into her hears and ran to where she heard it. It was like an echo of a voice, it was so familiar it gave her the chills.

 

 

Or how people see you…

 

 

She’s becoming restless as she tried to find the exact spot of the owner of the voice that seems like an echo or something. What’s going on? She asks herself, what is happening? Where am I? she wanted to cry as she kept on running.

 

 

The fact that your highness is a good person…

 

 

Her mind is in chaos as she tried to analyze the situation. Where is she? And…your highness? She gulp. What is this again? Why is her mind playing tricks again? Why is this happening again?! She steps on her long chima and trip. “Ah!” she exclaimed.

 

 

Is what is important to me…

 

 

 

She froze. Her eyes was wide as it dawned upon her that the owner of that oh so familiar voice was no one but…hers

 

 

Wait what?! Why is she saying those things? Hwangja? Prince? What? She can’t understand those things. What is happening? Why is she hearing herself saying those things?! Why is there a prince—

 

 

The blackness of the surroundings began to create a square shaped, like a flat screen television, opening. She took a handful of her chima up so that she can comfortably run to where it was. She stopped in front of a big opening that was so bright, it could blind her eyes. There she saw a lot of men in somewhat traditional clothing, riding horses that were running at full speed. It was like a deserted place, a remote land with mountains and nothing but mountains and the galloping of horses can be heard.

 

 

It was like one those saeguk Korean dramas. Her eyebrows quirk a confused one as she watched it. “Saeguk?” she uttered as she continued to watch.

 

 

There was a commotion as they passed by a what seems to be a not so narrow pathway with a lot of people that are wearing traditional clothing. It looks like a market kind of. They’re scampering away as those men pass by and the people was yelling “It’s the wolf dog! The wolf dog!” to everyone as they ran here and there as if to get away from those men. Even tripping and banging their head on to tables that were previously has their goods in a neat and clean and organized way. In short, the presence of those men wreck havoc in the market.

 

 

 

Or…

 

 

 

That man that has a black hood covering his head from the heat. Ji Eun squint her eyes to take a good look at his face but it was blur. What she knows is that that man has a long jet black hair passing by with his horse with an authorative and regal aura surrounding him.

 

 

The wolf dog.

 

 

His head slowly glance at a nearby stall and look at the fascinating giant silver butterfly hairpin.

 

 

The scene was changed into another setting, wherein the wolf dog was entering a what seems to be a gate.

 

The setting changed to him again, riding his horse that is running at full speed into a narrow pathway with a lot of people. Those people shrieked and panicked as they run for their lives or to stay away from the path where that man was taking.

 

 

Then she saw a back of a woman, her hair adorned with a simple knot. Her hair seems to be in a disarray as she look ahead. She was wearing a baby pink jeogori and her chima was fuschia pink that looked so familiar if you ask Ji eun.

 

 

She looked hopeless. She heard the howl of the horse and look back. She gasp and her eyes widen in shock to see the approaching horse. “Hyah!” the rider said and the horse add more speed.

 

 

A peddler, carrying something that looks like a box of some sort that was tied and was worn like a backpack, pass by and his backpack collided with her. She knew and Ji eun knows she would fal

Please log in to read the full chapter