Chapter 26 The Blood Moon's Arrival

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ji eun’s P.O.V

 

I was in the powder room to take my pills, to subdue the impending migraine that wants to resurface so badly but I ended up wanting to go to the lounge of the hotel to breathe some fresh air, located below us, because everything seems to suffocate me. I immediately excused myself to Seohyun and the rest and as I walked through the hallways, my sight is slowly deteriorating making up some scenarios that I can’t even remember ever happening for the rest of my life!

 

It showed a replica of me, quickly walking through the same pace but in a different location. My migraine worsens and I clutch my head and lean on to the wall for support. What is happening? Why am I seeing these things? Am I close to delusion? Do I have a fever? Am I hallucinating? Why am I seeing these weird things?

 

And…oh god, why does it feels so familiar?

 

I entered the elevator and saw my own reflection and gasps as what I saw was a me that is wearing a hwarot. The image that I brushed off a while ago is here, standing before me and worst…it’s my own reflection! I look at my own hanbook and it’s still color white! I look at my reflection into the elevator’s door and it’s not the same! There! I’m wearing a hwarot! Oh my god! Why am I wearing a queen’s garb? A queen’s robe? Did someone sneak alcohol into our drinks? Am I drunk? What on earth is happening?!

 

 

She got out of the elevator, looking ashen and gasping for air but it seems like no one noticed her. The flat screen TV that she passes by showed a reporter, reporting for the events unfolding “As the time goes by, many onlookers are out for the much awaited giant Blood moon that will engulf the sky in a couple minutes. Some stayed at the park with their telescopes and HD cameras; some choose to watch at their own apartment and…”

 

 

She got out of the hotel and inhaled a heavy dose of fresh air. She sighs when her breathing became normal. She look up at the darkening sky, brows knotted when a force clamp with a handkerchief and a nauseating smell filled her lungs, everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

Joon Gi’s P.O.V

My knees wanted to gave up already due to the excessive running that I did, but I gritted my teeth and kept on walking. I saw a door, ajar and the only source of light. I went to it and realized that it was a door for the rooftop.

 

Every breath that I take was heavy with worry. What made Hwangho mama desperate and resort to kidnap Ji eun? We had a deal and judging from her personality, reincarnated or not, it would be very unlikely for her to do this.

 

 

But I guess I miscalculated. It can’t be helped, people in this generation has all the means that the people in the past wasn’t able to get a hold on. The people in this generation evolved and still evolving…becoming more and greedier of the power bestowed upon them.

 

 

As I was nearing the door I heard a muffled cry and my heart quicken its pace. I recognized that cry, my ears recognized it too well that even a single ‘umph!’ I will know who it is and It was hers; Ji eun, my Haeso! I took my phone out and tap some things before taking lungful of breaths and showing myself. Instead of seeing my father’s wife sitting into an armchair and drinking a glass of champagne, I was quiet taken aback when I saw Hwangbo Yeonhwa, or in this lifetime her name is Kang Hanna “Look who decided to come and join us” she said in a supposed to be glee but failed miserably.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked, bewildered and angry.

 

“Oh! Are you expecting mother in law? Sorry, she had a business meeting so she can’t come” she said, mocking.

 

My eyes traveled east but I can’t see any signs of Ji eun, my eyes traveled west and there she was, tied in a monoblock chair, mouth gagged and teary eyed. Above her is the darkening color of the moon.

 

 

“What are you doing?” I asked, glaring at Hanna. Up until this lifetime she is still this despicable and detestable? I heave a deep sigh, stopping myself from giving in to what I feel. The chances of losing myself in my anger is fifty percent but I know Hanna is not stupid, I know her enough to know that If I come close to Ji eun, something will happen, plus I know that it’s not just the three of us here why? Hanna won’t be so bold and courageous if she doesn’t have a back up.

 

She glances at Ji eun fleetingly before she look at me with that pleased smile “Don’t even give me that judging look of yours, Oppa. I just want to get things straight right here and right now. I just want to make sure that you will come to our wedding tomorrow that’s why I stopped her from escaping so we could have a little chat about your infidelity” she said as if it’s the most normal thing.

 

Since when did I ever love her anyway? Infidelity? What a joke.

 

My brows knotted. Escape? Why would Ji Eun escape?— “Oh don’t look at me like that, Oppa. You think I wouldn’t know your little plan?” she said, a crazed laugh filling the air “I know you two plan to elope together” she said and clapped “Want me to elaborate?” She said, widening her eyes “First, She’ll go out of the country and then when you secure her safety then you will follow afterwards. Wow, I have to applaud you for that but you see, I’m not stupid, Oppa. Did you really think I wouldn’t know every little rendezvous that you two had, I know everything! Like every.little.thing. Right little Ji eun?” she said in a mock cute which is just pure disgusting.

 

“I r-really don’t know w-what are you talking about, Hanna” Ji eun replied helplessly and frustratingly. Even I don’t know what she’s talking about. Why would I and Ji eun elope? We didn’t even have the time to confess to each other or something yet, for god’s sake we didn’t even started…dating! Those moments that we would bump into each other is just pure coincidental! This woman is delusional like her old self.

 

“Liar!—“ she is going to slap Ji eun but my mouth acted fast enough.

 

“Who says I’m not coming into the wedding?” I said and her hand was suspended in the air “Lets end this chat and go home, I’m tired of this” I said and sigh. I need to convince her into letting Ji eun go because I can’t stand seeing her so helpless, it breaks my heart damn it!

 

“Really?” her eyes sparkled.

 

“Yes” I said flatly and offered my hand “She has nothing to do with us anyway” I said and I saw a pained expression from Ji eun when she looks away. Damn it! Up to this lifetime I can still manage to be a cold hearted jerk? Really?

 

She excitedly ran to my way but a voice from the shadows stopped her “Don’t tell me you believe him?” and there from the shadows, my half brother who wanted to be the king so bad emerges; Jonghyun.

 

“Hi there, brother. Nice to see you’re not doing well” he said looking at me from head to toe “If I just

Please log in to read the full chapter