Chapter 19 Look At Me

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I can’t fall asleep again, that dream... The night is so quiet, like it was listening to my thoughts. Confusion hit me when I saw the face of the woman from my dream. It look liked me. I sigh. Maybe I’m being delusional again. I stood up and went out.

 

 

It’s midnight and I’m walking away from my hotel room. I know this might seem to be scary, but the security of this hotel is twenty four seven, so I’m fine.

 

 

I proceeded into the lobby wearing only my fluffy pyjamas and a cotton t-shirt. I walk and few people are still up chit-chatting and I spotted tourists that are organizing their brochure and their travel plans on the restaurant of the hotel. I saw some Celadon pottery displayed on top of a fusion of modern and medieval altar tables on every corner. Celadon was subsequently the main production, with white porcelain or Baekja developing slowly in 14th century, when the place accelerated with new glazes, better clays, and variations of white of different clays. One of Goryeo and Joseon period’s most notable products. The other one is Tripitaka Koreana which is the Buddhist canon.

 

The Goryeo Dynasty (918–1392) achieved the unification of the Later three kingdoms under King Taejo. The works of this period are considered to be the finest small-scale works of ceramics in Korean history. Key-fret, foliate designs, geometric or scrolling flower head bands, elliptical panels, stylized fish, insects, birds and the use of incised designs began at this time. Glazes were usually various shades of celadon, with browned glazes to almost black glazes being used for stoneware and storage. Celadon glazes could be rendered almost transparent to show black and white inlays.

 

During the Joseon Dynasty, (1392–1897) ceramic wares were considered to represent the highest quality of achievement from royal, city, and provincial kilns, the last of which were export-driven wares. This was the golden age of Korean pottery, with a long period of growth in royal and provincial kilns, and much work of the highest quality still preserved. I researched that much about Goryeo so that even if I will be left behind or if my fainting extravaganza happened again, then it wouldn’t be a problem for me. One of the books that I returned four days ago was about the history of the three kingdoms. I don’t want to have troubles because of my fainting extravaganza and the entire thing related to it.

 

 

I keep on walking and reached the open space outside of the hotel and see the pine trees and the night. I inhaled the fresh air of the night “Ah~ nothing beats the smell of the cold night” I whispere

Please log in to read the full chapter