Chapter 14 Grudge

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wearing a fine suit, sleek hair brushed back, black shiny leather shoes. Anyone should be having a proud smiling face while wearing those kinds of stuff, but he isn’t. His void of emotion eyes was just staring into space. His eyes were mirroring the same pain he felt sixteen years ago.

 

He was seating quietly in a corner where the spotlight can’t reach him. He likes being in a quiet and isolated space but he doesn’t have a choice, his father is celebrating his birthday and him being back to his father’s arms again after so many years.

 

 

He lifted his eyes to stare at the prestigious looking family that was enjoying chatting around; a smile were itched into their lips as they converse with another people who don’t really care about him, but only cares about the shares, investment and connections they made.

 

 

It’s suffocating.

 

 

His mother and little sister just died two weeks ago and now this? He stood up and walked away. He needed air because the thought of their smile was suffocating. They were smiling, celebrating as if nothing tragic and worth suffering happened, while he, on the other hand is suffering from his loss. Two women in his life just suddenly left him in this cruel world.

 

 

He grab the door knob and didn’t look back, he turn the knob and welcomed the cold air that slapped his face. He smiled, instead of being annoyed, because he felt the companion of the wind, he felt that the wind understands his pain somehow and that made him smile.

 

 

He look at the sky, tears were threatening to fall from his eyes, blurring his vision a bit as he pocketed his hands and welcomed the very cold wind of the winter. His body might be freezing. But he doesn’t care. It somehow feels like his mother and little sister is hugging him, instead of the cold wind that was making itself known to his body.

 

 

He sigh and just stood there. Peace, that’s all he needed. Not all those noisy people inside partying with their shining and shimmering jewelries and fake smiles. His mother’s smiles flashed in his memory. A tear fell “Mom, I miss you so much” he whispered.

 

 

“Ya, looking for you. Stop all the drama” It was Jonghyun. “Ya, Ppalli. It’s really cold out here” he added but he remained standing.

 

 

“Tell them I went home” he replied coldly.

 

 

“What am I? Your slave?” ask Jonghyun in disbelieve and grab his arm but Joon Gi pushed him, thus resulting him falling into the ground.

 

 

A resonating slap echoed into the neighborhood, making Joon Gi’s head to turn left by the strong impact, but he stayed silent.

 

 

“You…” it was none other than the mother of his father, the grandmother of those three legitimate children of his father. “How could you push my grandson like that? You impudent fool! Who are you to push him?!” she said and help Jonghyun to stand “Oh! I nearly forgot! You’re the son of that who seduced my son, right? Son of a is acting all tough and mighty? Have shame to the people who feed you and clothed you into those expensive clothes, you ingrate. What a disgrace and waste of money. Jonghyunie, come inside and let this bastard rot here in the cold” she said and left with a smirking Jonghyun.

 

 

He sigh and said “Who said I want to be part of your family anyway?” with a bitter laugh. Her words were infuriating. Who is she to call her mother a ? Did she raise his mother? Did she feed her? No, that’s not really the point…the point is, does she even know his mother? No. But how could she judge his mother like that? Like she is someone so low to the society? Like she just committed a crime, something so wrong, to her. She doesn’t have the right to call her a . His fists were closed so tight, his knuckles turned white. He used to think that being rich means glitz and glamour, but now he understand that everything is not glitz and glamour. If you’re nothing, you’re viewed into the society as a piece of dirt. But if you’re something three to four times better than them, they bash you. If you’re ten times better, they respect you but if you’re one hundred times better, they kneel in front of you and begged to become your slaves. Unfortunately, I will break those stereotypes of common-ness. I’ll make them bow down to me someday. I’ll make them taste their own sweat and I’ll ask them how it is.

 

 

I’m becoming heartless for such a young age, but do I care? No. Not a bit, my heart was gone two weeks ago. The reason why I was happy in this world was gone and now I’m all alone. I close my eyes and let the snow fell into my body. I’m shivering in the cold, but I won’t go back in there. I’d rather be stuck here for the rest of the evening in peace with the strong wind than to see them celebrating and partying with all of their hearts contentment. What if I die from this? My frozen lips cracked a small smirk, I don’t care too. I don’t want to live anyway, my happiness in this world left me and I will be following them later on. I can feel my body falling, but I just close my eyes and welcomed the fall and the oblivion.

 

 

“Joon Gi, son, it’s your time to make a speech” a voice, suddenly nudge me to reality. I look up and found my father smiling at me. It’s that time of the year again, I ing hate this. It feels like I am celebrating instead of mourning my mother and little sister’s death. I can never smile like the smile that he is wearing.

 

I sigh and stood up, even if it’s against my own will, I drag myself up on the stage where a spotlight is placed. Without any trace of smile and void of emotion pair of eyes, I grab the microphone “It’s an honor to be here, enjoy the party everyone” I said and left the stage.

 

 

I don’t give a if they start a fuss about my rude beha

Please log in to read the full chapter