Chapter 25 Hopeless

Kindred Spirits (COMPLETED/Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

He definitely heard her sing. It’s just that he couldn’t bring himself to come closer because he knows that he will only hurt her, he knows that he will only bring her more trouble if he did so.

 

 

After he confronts Hanna a day ago, He was called into the office of the chairman. It’s apparently time for him to enter the devil’s den. A sharp pain hit the side of his face.

 

“What have you done to Hanna, Joon Gi? I’m so disappointed” His father’s voice was so disappointed when he left the office, leaving his evil wife.

 

His blank stare into the ground didn’t even blink “What did she tell anyway?” he asks softly devoid with any emotion.

 

 

“You insolent fool, Why did you threaten your own fiancée for a lowlife tramp?!” His father’s wife said and his eyes widen a bit.

 

 

Ji eun, she was definitely talking about Ji eun.

 

 

His father’s wife scoffs “You’re screwing a low life? How foolish can you get? Did you know how furious Mr. Kang is?! You ungrateful bastard! You don’t even know how to say thank you and now you did this!? Did you know how hard we cleaned that dirty plate of yours? Hanna cried so hard and has not been eating for two days because of that ing tramp that you were screwing!” She yelled in rage.

 

She calms herself down “Hanna is the only possible in-law that our company needs. Hanna is the only one who can help you in this world. Mr. Kangs connections are not a joke, Joon Gi. Think for once before I make that tramp’s life a living hell” his father’s wife threatened before walking away only to stop to pat his back “…and you do know that I’m capable of doing that, right?” she added softly and left the room.

 

His smile was sad as he walked away from them.

 

 

He remembered the time when he passed by Seodong Park and saw her reading the story about Seodong.

 

“Would you mind reading the last sentence?” He asked.

 

“H-He became King Mu—“ She started.

 

He was looking at her the whole time “She is his queen, and they lived happily ever after…” he continued.

 

 

He sighs heavily, that was the day that he declared her to be his queen, the queen of his heart.

 

 

Two days after that day of judgment from the devil’s den, he woke up to find his father’s wife in the living room talking to his Halmoni.

 

The two ladies noticed him standing not far from them and look at his way. His father’s wife plastered a very fake mona lisa smile “Yes, Joon Gi cannot wait to get married and that is why he is making the preparations as quick as possible” she said to his Halmoni while looking at him.

 

 

This evil really is getting on to his nerves lately.

 

“Kreom, I’ll get going” the fake as said to his Halmoni but even before she could kiss his Halmoni’s cheeks, he stood between them and faced his Halmoni “I’ll just send her off” he said.

 

 

Once far enough, his father’s wife smirked “You already heard right? Your wedding is after the farewell party and don’t even try anything because one snap of my finger can cut your little angel’s wings” she said and left him in rage.

 

 

“Unfortunately, we can’t live happily ever after” he said to himself. “But even if we can’t. Neoya hwangho neuppeonida…you are my only queen. And I'll do everything in this lifetime to fulfill that promise”

 

 

 

It was in the middle of the party when the two sat together in a bench not far away from the hotel. “So, did she see it?” he asks in a low tone, almost in a whisper, wanting to regret what he did because of the bitter feeling he’s having in his stomach.

 

 

The other one sigh “Yeah, you were too cruel…”

 

 

He look at the ground and roam his eyes on the uncut grass “I don’t have a choice” he replied, hopeless.

 

 

“You do have a choice and that is to fight for her” the other one argued lowly.

 

"You don't understand much" He look at the sky knowingly “I don’t want to repeat the same mistake again” he added in a whisper, he raised his hand as if touching the clouds.

 

 

“She will get hurt even if she doesn’t want to and even if she’s willing too. I’ve seen things happen and on our case…” he chuckled in bitterness “…it keeps on happening too often and even if I don’t give her up, you know Abeonim’s wife will make me bend no matter what” he said and stood up, put his hands on his back like a senior pacing back and forth. He sigh “Hwanghu—I mean Abeonim’s power hungry wife, up to this time, wants me to marry Hanna no matter what because of power. Ji eun can only offer me comfort and nothing else—“

 

 

The other one stood up and faced

Please log in to read the full chapter