ENTRY # 2

The Bachelor

ENTRY # 2

Dear Future Self,

Well now, that you’ve finally met Choi Siwon, how does it feel? A little weird right? Well, it’s about to get weirder…just a fair warning, okay?

And if he ever tries to get near you, smack him as hard as you can, got it?

Love,

Kyuhyun

“Dr. Ch—Choi what—what are you doing?” Kyuhyun stammered as Siwon’s face drew closer and closer. When the other man clearly wasn’t going to say anything, Kyuhyun scrunched up his face a closed his eyes tightly but he never felt Siwon’s lips on his. He instead heard a chuckle as he felt the space between them increased.

“You really thought that I was going to kiss you right then, huh?” There was a smug look on Siwon’s that Kyuhyun wanted to rub off using his bare hands. “Look, here, Reporter Cho, I don’t mean to be rude but please, don’t ever see me, ever again. I don’t care if you could lose your job for this. Just don’t bother me, okay?”

Siwon started to walk back in his car. He pushed the button on his car key that unlocked the door. He looked back at Kyuhyun and winked at him.

Enranged; Kyuhyun spoke up. “I guess that nonprofit organization you have is just another ego boost huh, Dr. Choi, I guess you really don’t have any humanitarian duties to fulfill, you just want attention…but if you’re such an anttention seeker, why can’t you just get on with an interview then?”

Siwon’s back became rigid. Kyuhyun definitely struck a nerve. Oopss, what I said could have a serious whiplash effect…You and your big mouth Cho Kyuhyun.,,
The strange doctor turned around with an unreadable expression. He fiercely walked back to Kyuhyun who in return walked backwards but found himself trapped in very itchy wall. Siwon looked at Kyuhyun with so much disdain and grabbed him by the collar.

“Is this what you scumbags do? Torture other people just to get your story and your little fifteen minutes of fame?” The anger blazing in Siwon’s eyes frightened Kyhyun.

Crap. I’m so dead right now.

“I—I’m sorry…I—I didn’t mean too…” Kyuhyun stammered as Siwon eyes boar into his soul.

“Don’t show you face in front of me ever again.”  Siwon pulled away and huffed. He looked at Kyuhyun and shook his head before entering his car and driving off into oblivion. Kyuhyun only realized that he’d been holding his breath for a long time when Siwon was finaly out of sight.

Good bye paying job…

As he looked down to his shoes he remembered something—an important something. He pulled out his pen with voice recording capabilities and sighed in relief as he saw the small red LED light glowing lightly. Everything that Choi Siwon said…they were recorded.

As Kyuhyun wandered around the neighborhood he barely even knew, he kept on going back and forth and the potential pros and cons of his new found dilemma. If he wrote about Dr. Choi Siwon’s character—how he exploded in front of Kyuhyun, and how he basically insulted, it would warrant Kyuhyun’s journalistic achievement but on the other hand, there would be some serious upheaval because he recorded their conversation without the approval of the Siwon.

Kyuhyun walked passed some street until he reached a familiar road, he hailed a cab and asked to be driven to Seoul Times building. His phone suddenly vibrated. He took it out of his messenger bag and sighed.

It was his boss. Kim Heechul. He accepted the call and cleared his throat before speaking. “Hey, Mr. Kim, what made you call me in the busy time of the day?”

“Well, I wanted you to give me an update with regards to your special assignment, Kyuhyun.” He sounded like he was munching on pretzels—the guy is really addicted to it.

Kyuhyun smiled a little, does Kim Heechul have some sort of telekinetic powers? “Well, to tell you honestly, I did meet him but I don’t want to talk about this while I’m in the taxi so can we talk about it later at your office.”

Heechul seemed to mull it over but agreed. He told Kyuhyun that he wanted the full details of his conversation. Kyuhyun agreed to it and as soon as he placed the phone back in his bag he felt the pressure of doing his job and fearing what that doctor might do to him if he wrote about him in such a terrible way.
 

Meanwhile, Choi Siwon was driving angrily as he weaved through the roads. He could not believe that he let that reporter get the better of him! But what was he supposed to do? That Reporter Cho struck a very sensitive nerve and it irked Siwon so much. His nails were now burying the soft covering of the steering wheel making crescent shaped mounds on it.

“Is he implying that I am a phony?” Siwon looked at the rearview mirror and bit the inside wall of his cheek only stopping when he tasted blood on his tongue. Why did he have to stoop so low and scare the heck out of that guy, now, he might write about how Dr. Choi Siwon has a very bad temper and is very egoistic.

His phone suddenly rang and he pulled over to the side to pick up his phone call. As soon as he answered he heard pandemonium in the hospital. He heard one of nurses voice saying that he needed to come back to the hospital stat because his patient went missing. As he hang up he was muttering curses to himself as he made a u-turn back to the hospital.

 

“So, Kyuhyun,” Heechul looked at his subordinate straight in the eyes. “What is the scoop with Dr. Choi.”

Kyuhyun looked at his boss mulling over the two things he’d been thinking about on his way over to the office. “Well, Dr. Choi has quite the temper.”

“And?” Heechul waited for Kyuhyun to add something more.

“That’s all.” Kyuhyun lied.

Heechul’s lips made this flat line—something that he always did whenever he is getting really mad. “That’s it?” He didn’t really try to hide the building anger in his voice.

Kyuhyun nodded and smiled. “I’ll do better next time, besides he was pretty busy with the work in the hospital, I guess.”

“And you dare call yourself and investigative journalist.” Heechul spat. “Kyuhyun, I’m warning you. You’d better do your job properly or you’re saying good bye to this job, got it?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Yes. I will do better next time, Mr. Kim.” He stood up and bowed before leaving Heechul’s office.

That was really intense.

As soon as Kyuhyun returned to his cubicle, Lee Eunhyk—his close friend poked his side. “What’s up with you Kyu?” He chomped on his favorite corn dog as he waited for an answer.

“Nothing much. Just wondering why my life is a complete mess right now.” Kyuhyun reclined on the chair and put his feet up the table.

“Well, at least you’re not stuck here in the office all day just to watch every sports broadcast so you can write about it.”

“Why aren’t you going to live sports events then?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Well, you know how Heechul gets when he sees me going out for a coverage, so now, he made a rule that can only write here in the office.” Eunhyuk went back to work after finishing his food.

Kyuhyun rocked back on his chair, trying to figure out away to interview Choi Siwon without using that audio recording.

END OF ENTRY # 2

Stay Tuned For More…

Oh and I just updated my other story called Love Chelsea. Click the title for the link! It also has WonKyu on it (Their names are Shane for Siwon  and Kian for Kyuhyun!)