ENTRY # 1

The Bachelor

ENTRY #1

Dear Future Self,

     Well, it’s the first day of my mission to hunt down Choi Siwon for an interview—and I’m not really looking forward to it. Last that I heard, he sued a reporter for being too close for comfort. I wonder what that meant. I know I should be thankful for being given a second chance but c’mon! Seriously, I need to interview the most desirable bachelor in all of South Korea who’s idea of having fun is just sitting alone in his apartment and reading books?—and I thought my life was boring. Well anyway, sit tight, it’ll be a bumpy ride.

Yours Truly,

Kyuhyun

Cho Kyuhyun was eating his favorite chocolate and strawberry cereal in his apartment that he shares with his little sister, Ha Na, a twenty year old college student who was taking up Psychology, as he was putting food in his mouth, his phone buzzed. He picked it up and sighed. It was Yoona…again.

Ever since Kyuhyun was unwillingly assigned to get an interview with Choi Siwon, she’d been giving him trivias about the man. He really didn’t want to know what the man wears in his sleep let alone what he eats at lunch. Sometimes, Yoona can be very excited for other people and it irks them a lot.

Hey, did you know that Choi Siwon has wash board six pack abs…Yum!

Kyuhyun couldn’t help but chuckle. What was he supposed to do with that information? It’s not like he can’t write it down right? Once Kyuhyun was finished with his meal, he decided to head out and start his day. He grabbed his umbrella from the table and gathered his stuff and put them inside his messenger bag. As soon as he hefted the bag to his shoulder, he heard the rain starting to fall. Great.

As he was walking down the wet side walk, he stumbled upon a coffee shop he frequented and decided to grab some before doing his new job. He entered the coffee shop and smelled the aroma of freshly brewed coffee—something that he likes a lot—as he went to get his order—just a regular coffee, he sat on a chair and waited for his name to be called.

He took his phone out and began to type his text message to Kim Heechul, his boss. He was just informing him that he would start his mission today. As soon as he sent the text, he received an immediate reply.

Good luck, you know what’s on the line right?

Kyuhyun sighed. This new job could particularly end his job if he’s not successful.

“Oh Dr. Choi, it’s nice to see you again!”

Kyuhyun’s ears perked up as he looked at the man standing in front of the counter—well, look who we have here…it’s Choi Siwon.

What a total coincidence, right?

“You can wait for your coffee over there…”

Kyuhyun doesn’t know if he was hallucinating or not but the one taking orders just pointed at his table, right. He looked around and his was the only table with an available chair.

“Customer,” The girl with ash blond hair caught his attention. “Is it okay if he sits with you?”

Not knowing what else to do—well, deciding that he should take this opportunity—he nodded. The girl gestured for Siwon to walk by Kyuhyun’s table and take a seat. Kyuhyun sat a little straighter and cleared his throat.

“I hope you don’t mind.” He pulled put the chair and sat on it. Yoona was right, he has a very y voice.

“Uh, not at all…” Kyuhyun tried to smile genuinely but all that came out was a very awkward one. He offered Kyuhyun a small smile before pulling out his phone and started to text. Kyuhyun really didn’t know what to say because Siwon has this very intimidating aura about him and he didn’t really want to get into his bad graces. When Siwon finished fiddling with his phone, Kyuhyun felt cold sweat trickling down his back.

“Reporter Cho! Here’s your coffee!”

Kyuhyun looked up and saw the expression on Siwon’s face when he heard someone call reporter Cho. When the waitress placed the coffee cup in front of Kyuhyun, he took a peek at Siwon who had this sour facial expression.

“I take it that you know who I am?” Siwon said a little bitterly. Kyuhyun’s eyebrows knitted together. I guess this man has the prince syndrome, huh?

“Yes, I think I know who you are, Dr. Choi Siwon.” Kyuhyun tried to sound cool. Siwon flashed him a smile.

“Are you one of those reporters who are looking into having my life published in your low class papers?” He nonchalantly asked Kyuhyun.

I guess Yoona forgot to tell me that this man is a jerk. I guess this man is really too goof to be true…and that nonprofit organization he has? Probably just a façade.

Trying to calm his nerves, Kyuhyun just let out a very fake laugh. “Please, Dr. Choi, don’t be so full of yourself, you’re making me laugh here.”

Siwon seemed taken aback at Kyuhyun’s actions. “Do you find me ridiculous?” He seems like he’s getting a little angry which prompted Kyuhyun to push Siwon’s buttons.

“In a way, yeah, I guess.” Kyuhyun sipped his cup of coffee and wiped his lips with the tissue. “I mean, what kind of man is afraid of a little interview?”

Siwon found Kyuhyun’s action rather different than those reporters who tried with him. He decided that he’d play along.

“Fine.” Siwon said looking at Kyuhyun directly in the eyes. “If you really want an interview with me, I’ll do it.”

A smile crept on Kyuhyun’s face but his mind is zeroing in on how is this was. There has to be some catch. “Okay, then, why don’t we start now.”

It was Siwon’s time to smile now. “Oh, no, Mr. Reporter, we won’t do this here.” He paused as his coffee was brought to him and thank the waitress politely.

How fake. Kyuhyun almost gagged at how this man’s actions suddenly changed. “I think this place is conducive for an interview.”

Siwon shook his head. “No. It is not.” He countered. “This place, is not good enough for me. Why don’t we go to some place quieter?”

A small scary smile appeared on Siwon’s face and it made all the confidence Kyuhyun had go out the window.

What have I gotten myself into?

When we finished drinking our coffees, Siwon led Kyuhyun to his Mercedes Benz. Talk about a striking car. He could tell why it costs millions of dollars, the seats felt like He can sleep there for hours and not get body aches. As he drove street after street I realized that we were going into a neighborhood for rich people.

We stopped at a very grand looking house and I was in awe. When we stepped out, He cornered me to nearby wall and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

What the heck

Kyuhyun didn’t get to continue what he was thinking when he felt Siwon breathing down his neck. Kyuhyun closed his eyes muttering that he shouldn’t do this.  He chuckled a little and tilted the other man's head to meet his face. His very handsome up close and as soon as his face inched closer and closer, Kyuhyun's heart beat went faster and faster.

END OF ENTRY # 1

Stay Tuned For More