ENTRY # 9

The Bachelor

ENTRY # 9

Dear Future Self,

     I will always defend my family no matter what. I don’t really care much about how Siwon’s parents, especially his mother thinks of me but when it comes to my parents, it is a whole different ball game. It’s one thing to insult me, but to insult my parents, I will never ever let that slide because my parents are the best parents anyone could ever ask for.

     I know I’m being way too sensitive but they’re my parents. Sue me.

I wonder if Siwon waited for a long time at the café…well why am I even bothering with him?

     Well, at least one good thing happened to me during all these shenanigans. I managed to meet a new friend. Kim Yesung.

 

Kyuhyun.

 

“Wow, Yesung, you make all of these?” Kyuhyun was always fascinated by cooking in general. Although he admits, he’s not much of a cook but he does know good food when he sees one.

“Yeah,” A small embarrassed smile crossed Yesung’s features. “It’s not really five star restaurant quality but it has its own charms.”

“It looks good to me.” Kyuhyun’s mouth was watering at the sight of the blueberry and cheese pancake on a small plate. “It has a home cooked vibe to it.”

“Well, that’s what I try to offer to my customers but people these days prefer restaurants that have menus you can’t even read.” Yesung pouted a little as he took a seat across from Kyuhyun. It had exactly been three days since they met and Kyuhyun already felt comfort in Yesung’s presence. It’s also been three days since Kyuhyun last talked to Siwon. The man had been calling and texting him non-stop to the point of Kyuhyun turning his phone off because he really doesn’t want to talk to him just yet.

The things that Siwon’s mother said hurt because she reduced Kyuhyun to a gold digger which he was not.

“Are you okay Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun snapped out of his thoughts. “Uh..yeah, I’m okay.”

Yesung looked worriedly at him. “Are you sure? You seemed to be out of it for a second.” Kyuhyun nodded, it felt great that someone was concerned about him.

“Yeah, I was just thinking of someone.” Kyuhyun began to eat the pancake and smiled at the sweet taste of it in his mouth.

Yesung flashed a small smile before leaning in a little bit and removing something on the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips. “You got a little cream cheese on your lips.”

Kyuhyun suddenly looked down and felt his heart racing. His cheeks went hot immediately and he felt too awkward to speak. “Th—thanks…for wiping it off.”

 

Siwon couldn’t focus anymore. He had been constantly checking his phone if Kyuhyun replied to one of his text messages but to his dismay, all of them seemed to have been ignored and he just had enough of this child’s play Kyuhyun started. Sure, his mother said awful things and he feels really apologetic about it but how can he be so sensitive? And what really pissed him off was that Kyuhyun had the audacity to make him wait for three whole hours.

Without any warning he left the hospital and decided to pay Kyuhyun’s office another visit. As he was driving, he suddenly questioned himself as to why he’s being like this. Usually he wouldn’t even try to reach anyone he remotely liked but there was something about Kyuhyun that made Siwon feel this way.

As he rounded that corner that led to where Kyuhyun was working at, he something caught his eyes and he didn’t like it. He did not like it at all.

 

“Thanks again for driving me to work, Yesung.” Kyuhyun was grateful that he didn’t have to take a bus just to get to work because it certainly was comfortable inside Yesung’s car.  The other man flashed him a grin.

“Not a problem at all.” Yesung jiggled his car keys in his hand. “By the way, what time to you get off from work, maybe we can grab a bite later?”

Kyuhyun didn’t see anything wrong with Yesung’s offer so he decided to agree to it. “Sure, I’d love to get dinner with you. I’m done with work at around five thirty, so how does six sound?”

Yesung nodded. “Okay, then I guess I’ll come by around that time, I’ll just text you later.” With that Yesung entered his car before slightly flashing Kyuhyun another smile.

Kyuhyun smiled and waved at Yesung who started to back up his car. When Yesung finally drove off Kyuhyun turned around to walk inside the office but as he was about to enter someone grabbed his arm so hard he’ll probably have bruises tomorrow. “Hey, what the heck?”

Suddenly it dawned to Kyuhyun who was gripping his arm. Choi. Siwon. Kyuhyun’s blood suddenly boiled. Even though it hurt too much, he mustered up all the strength he has and yanked his arm free from Siwon’s vice grip. “Let go of me, damn it!”

Siwon seemed surprised at Kyuhyun’s sudden outburst but he shook it off and went back to his old self. “Wow, you have the audacity to make me wait for a long time and now you have the guts to scream at me? Do you remember that article you wrote about me and how you agreed the contract?”

Kyuhyun looked at Siwon and felt his blood boiling to its fever pitch. “Look, I really don’t care about you or your reputation, if you want to sue me, then do it by all means, I’m not afraid. And that stupid contract, let’s just forget about it because that was just really stupid and I don’t even know why I agreed to it in the first place.”

The things that Kyuhyun said were not the words that Siwon expected because he thought that Kyuhyun would be apologizing to him. “Shouldn’t you be apologizing to me?”

Kyuhyun let out a chuckle. “Me? Why should I apologize to you? If I may recall it, your mother was the one who insulted my family. Did you forget about that? Or did your mommy whine about me when I left.” Kyuhyun huffed as he started to back away from Siwon. “You know what? You and your mom can kiss my !” He turned away only to be whipped back to face Siwon. “What the heck are you doing?”

“So I guess getting out of the contract meant you’ll have the freedom to fool around with that guy you were with huh?” Siwon spat.

Kyuhyun’s brows knitted together. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, let me go!”

“Don’t play dumb, I saw you getting out of a cheap car earlier.” Siwon made it sure that Kyuhyun understood him.

Suddenly an unexpected small smile crept on Kyuhyun’s face. Siwon must be talking about Yesung. “Why? Are you jealous?”

Siwon released Kyuhyun’s arm and an embarrassed expression crossed his face but it was gone as soon as it came. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, why would I be jealous.”

Kyuhyun shook his head and walked off before turning back around. “I’ll be waiting for that court invitation from your lawyer.” With that, Kyuhyun left Siwon with his mouth hanging agape.

It felt pretty damn good for Kyuhyun to say that. He knew that it would be a big problem once Siwon sues him but he’d rather much face the consequences rather than be a coward. A small smile crept to his face knowing that he did the right thing.

On the other hand, Siwon clearly thought that Kyuhyun would be apologizing because of the way he acted in front of his parents but that clearly didn’t happen so now, Siwon’s anger just surpassed the limit. He took his phone out and contacted Attorney Lee, one of his legal partners.

If Kyuhyun wants to play, then Siwon will do what he wants.

 

END OF ENTRY # 9

Stay Tuned For More…