ENTRY # 10

The Bachelor

ENTRY # 10

Dear Future Self,

     I’m proud of you for standing up for your family. Don’t be scared of Choi Siwon. Just put all your problems behin for a few days since it’s almost Christmas. You can worry about Choi Siwon next year, besides, if he’ll be suing you because of the article you wrote then by all means he should do it. Remember, if he will sue you, he will just verify the truthfulness of the things that you wrote about him.

Kyuhyun.

 

“Are you serious about this Siwon?”

Siwon nodded his head. “Attorney Lee, did you not hear me?” This man is really working Siwon’s last nerves, why can’t he understand what Siwon wanted him to do.

“I could lose my license over this, you know.” Attorney Lee said with a worried look on his face. “I mean, you’re asking me to scare that reporter with a fake court letter. Siwon, this is beyond my capabilities, unlike you, I have my family to provide for. I’m so sorry but I’m not going to do this.”

Siwon knew that he would get that answer. “How long have you known my parents?” He asked. This seemed to confuse the older man.

“What does that got to do with this?” The lawyer asked quizzically.

“Well, from what I can remember, my father helped you get out of that debt you had with a very famous loan shark.” Siwon looked intently at the lawyer in front of him. “If you won’t do this, I’ll make sure that your reputation would be ruined.”

There was a nervous look on the face of the Mr. Lee. “You wouldn’t do that.” He said with a trembling voice. Siwon smiled at the man and stood up.

“Watch me.” He said simply before starting for the door. He knew that this man would change his mind.

“Wait…I’ll…I’ll do it.”

Siwon turned to look at the man and flashed him another smile. “I knew that you’d make the right choice Mr. Lee.” Suwon sat back down and stated his plans again. While Siwon was speaking all the lawyer could think about was how this young man turned out this way.

If Siwon really wanted to sue that reporter, he really has the advantage because that reporter wrote a very slanderous article about him but it is really strange that he would want to do this. I don’t know anymore, all I’m hoping for is that I won’t be the fall guy after all is said and done… A small sigh escaped the lawyers lips as he attempted to make Siwon see that what they’re doing is wrong but every time he spoke of it, Siwon would snarl at him so he just decided to remain quiet.

 

“You really wrote that article?” Yesung seemed surprised at what Kyuhyun said.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah, I did but it’s not like I meant to do it. I was just so out of it that day and my first encounter with proved what I wrote but I mistakenly sent it to my boss and knowing him, he probably found a gold mine and decided to run that story.”

“Wow, it’s the first time that I heard of Choi Siwon get taken down a peg or two.” Yesung took a swig on his soju. Kyuhyun watched as Yesung’s adam’s apple bobbed up and down. He doesn’t know why but it was a turn on. He shook his head and drank his liquor as well.

“How did you know Choi Siwon?” Kyuhyun asked conversationally.

Yesung suddenly had this look on his face that looked uncomfortable and it piqued Kyuhyun’s interest. “I went to the same high school that he attended. I was his senior but he didn’t know me, but I knew him.”

“And?” Kyuhyun prodded Yesung because he’s very interested in this topic.

Yesung looked uneasy as if saying Siwon’s name scared him so much. “Well, when I was in my junior year and he was a sophomore, I sort of rubbed off on him in a very negative way.” He paused as he took another swig of soju. He wrinkled his nose a little before continuing. “I was in the math decathlon team and he was in the basket ball varsity team, there was this other student, named Sungmin and we were in the decathlon together, I think Siwon had a thing for him and he thought that I was stealing Sungmin away.” He paused as he looked at Kyuhyun. “I lost my scholarship because of that and I had to do three part time jobs just to make ends meet and pay for my tuition fee.”

Kyuhyun really didn’t find it hard t believe anymore because judging from what Yesung told Kyuhyun, Siwon never changed. He even got worse. “And he never even knew who you were?”

Yesung nodded. “Yep, he only saw my from the back and he just called his father who’s University chummies with the school director and ordered him to revoke my scholarship. Thankfully though, I managed to graduate in that same high school and got into college because of a sponsorship.”

Now that Kyuhyun’s thought of it, Yesung and Kyuhyun really have a lot in common. From being Choi Siwon’s target to being a very self depending man, it made Kyuhyun quite comfortable.

 

“So, did you find out who that man is?” Siwon looked at his assistant Taecyon. Even though Siwon is a doctor and didn’t really need an official assistant, he wanted one just to be very sure.

“Yes, sir, that man’s name is Kim Yesung. He’s twenty eight years old and owns a small restaurant near Kyuhyun’s apartment.”

“Kim Yesung…” Something about this man’s name definitely rings a bell but Siwon couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“And sir, if I may add, Kim Yesung had been your senior when you were in high school.” Taecyon said. When Siwon heard this, his memories began to travel back in time. He remembered how jealous he was of this man because he thought that Sungmin was being pulled away from him. Remembering this made Siwon’s blood boil even more because not only did Kim Yesung Steal Sungmin but he’s planning to steal Kyuhyun as well and Siwon will never stand for it.

“You know what to do, Taecyon.” Siwon said coldly.

“Yes sir.”

 

It was a Saturday and Kyuhyun just finished jogging—since this is the only day he’s able to do it. He took a seat at one of the benches and tried to regain his breath. Suddenly someone sat next to him and to his absolute horror, it was Choi Siwon.

“So, how’ve you been?” Siwon asked, flashing Kyuhyun a big smile.

Is this guy on crack? His smile is so sadistic and scary. Kyuhyun thought to himself. “How—how’d you know I was here?”

Siwon gave Kyuhyun a sidelong glance. “It’s a secret I’ll never share.” He winked at the other man.

This thing that Siwon does really gives Kyuhyun the willies and it’s really, really scary now.

“I’ve been waiting for that court documents from you…”

Siwon cut Kyuhyun off  by pushing a brown envelope to Kyuhyun’s chest and smiled. “Those are the damages that you need to pay when you published that article about me.”

Kyuhyun looked down at the brown envelope and nodded. “Well, then, I guess I’ll read it with my lawyer, then.”

Siwon looked at Kyuhyun and nodded. “Well, I’m pretty sure that you won’t ever recover from what’s written there so, I hope you’ll be satisfied with the repercussions of you choosing not to do what I want.”

Kyuhyun let out an exasperated laugh. “You really disgust me, Choi Siwon.” Kyuhyun stood up, clutching the envelope in his hands as if he was about to rip it into shreds. “I’d be really happy to rot in jail than to be near you for a second.” With that, Kyuhyun walked away not even bothering to look back.

Siwon felt a twinge of hurt when Kyuhyun said those words because he really hadn’t expected that response for the younger man. “Why am I feeling like this? He’s not even my type, besides, I can find better men who’d kill to be with me…”

END OF ENTRY # 10

Stay Tuned For More…

I promise to make it longer in the next chapter... :)