Chapter IX

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

 

What a beautiful Friday morning. The sky looks very clear and the wind becomes very cool and refreshing. Everywhere looks green and colorful because of the blooming trees and flowers. Yes! Finally! After a long three months of winter season, spring has finally come.

 

 

 

 

I am at the cafeteria, enjoying the silence since it is still early in the morning. The sweet aroma of hot chocolate is taking over my senses….. while looking through the glass walls, admiring the little garden outside.

 

 

 

 

 

I brought the cup to my lips and my phone suddenly rings. I take a quick sip and place back my cup on the table. I pick up my phone and smiled as its melody is just like music to my ears. My smile even widens when I saw the name who just texted me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sarcasm. That was all sarcasm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This week has been the worse week. It’s been hell. I didn’t know that the word ‘personal assistant’ is a synonym of ‘slavery’. He’s been giving me unreasonable errands and it annoys the out of me.

 

 

“Hey Dara, bring me water… distilled water.”

 

 

“Hey, switch on the TV.”

 

 

 

“You do this….”

 

 

 

“You do that….”

 

 

 

 

 

And his unending bull.

 

 

 

 

As I remember, he only has a swelling foot but he’s not a ing retard! I wouldn’t be surprise if one of these days, he will ask me to feed him myself! ARGH! Heck, I’d be more willing to be Prof. Yang’s assistant that to be with this pure-blooded monster.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I read the message and the master is already summoning me in his castle. I let out a heavy sigh and close my eyes, praying for strength and patience, a lot of patience, to get through this day unscratched and breathing.

 

 

 

 

I heard the chair directly in front of me pull out so I opened my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey.” A girl with long, black hair and brown eyes sits in the seat in front of me.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi.” I smiled at her.

 

 

 

 

 

“You are Sandara Park, right? I’m Min Hyorin.” Her cherry-colored lips part in a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

A voice in the back of my mind is telling me that I’ve heard this name before but I push it back as the girl is looking at me expectantly.

 

 

 

 

“Yep. That’s me.”

 

 

 

 

Yes people…. The entire population of this university have already known that I’m Mr Kwon’s personal assistant. How great is that?! Har-har…

 

 

 

It’s a miracle that I still don’t get ambush by his fan girls…. Well, mostly because I’m with him the whole time. And if not, there’s Bom and Chaerin.

 

 

 

 

“I heard Jiyong hired you to be his personal assistant?” She asked.

 

 

 

 

 

I snort. “Yeah… He “ordered” me to be his personal assistant.” I air-quote the word ordered.

 

 

 

She laughs. “I’m surprise that you are surviving Jiyong’s bull. And what even more surprising is that you’ve survive a whole week with him! Jiyong’s a jerk, sure, but he’s not that bad.”

 

 

 

 

He’s familiarity with Mr Kwon instantly made me curious of her. “You’re friends with him?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah.” She smiled. “I’m dating his bestfriend, Youngbae.”

 

 

 

 

 

That’s it! I knew I’ve heard her name before. Seyoung told us about her.

 

 

 

 

 

“He’s really not that bad, ones he opens up… he’s fun to be with and he’s a wonderful person to the people he cares about. But sometimes, he can really be an and cold.” She finishes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Honey, trust me I know… I’m fully aware of how much a jerk he is.” I said.

 

 

 

 

She laughs again. “I know! I was laughing so hard when I heard about what happened to him. The guys have been in brawls and they rarely get injuries, even a scratch, so it was fun seeing Jiyong like that. Especially someone so innocent-looking like you have done that! hahahaha!”

 

 

 

 

I like her already! At first, I am surprise because I didn’t picture that someone like her is friends with the boys. But then I realized those guys aren’t actually that bad. They’re great.

 

 

 

 

 

I was about to open my mouth to answer Hyorin when my phone rings.

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me.” I said to her and she only nods with a smile.

 

 

 

I check my phone and I grimaced as soon as I saw who the caller is. ! I forgot about his text!

 

 

 

 

“That’s Jiyong, isn’t it?” That came out like a statement rather a question.

 

 

 

 

 

I nod. “Yes. I’m sorry but the ‘highness’ is already looking for me.” I said, getting up from my seat. She also got up and she waves me off.

 

 

 

 

“Oh no… It’s okay, really.” She said with a smile. “Oh! And it’s nice to finally meet you, Miss Sandara.”

 

 

 

I smiled back at her. “Nice to meet you too. And please just call me Dara.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Alright Dara… I think you should go. You don’t want an angry Jiyong first thing in the morning.” She winks.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah… I think that’s a good idea.” I chuckled and wave a goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

 

Where the hell is she? It’s already been 30 minutes since I last texted her! Did she not get my text? Should I text her again? Or is it better to call her? Alright…. I’m going to call her.

 

 

 

 

First ring….

 

 

 

 

 

Second ring….

 

 

 

 

 

Third ring…..

 

 

 

 

 

! Why doesn’t she pick up? ARGH!!!! She’s really pain in the ! I waited for few minutes until I heard the beeping sound of the security lock of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry Mr Kwon. I’m late… I bumped into Hyorin and we chatted a little.” She said, bowing her head.

 

 

 

 

I winced when she called me by that…. He called me ‘Mr Kwon’ again. Why won’t she call me by my first name?

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay. Just bring me some water.” I said to her.

 

 

 

 

I don’t want her to see how disappointed I was. It’s been a week since she became my personal assistant but all I can hear from her was that stupid ‘Mr Kwon’. She’s calling my friends by their first names but why can’t she when it comes to me? HA! I’m not jealous or anything, that’s bull…. It’s just that, it’s so annoying. I feel like an old geezer whenever she calls me like that.

 

 

 

 

 

She comes back with a glass of water in her hands. She hands it to me and I gulp it down. I place the glass on top of the coffee table and I quickly glance at her. She stands there for a few seconds until she speaks up.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr Kwon…. Do you still need anything? If you don’t, can I take my leave first? My first class will start in fifteen minutes.” She said.

 

 

 

 

 

I just remain silent and she must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter