Chapter XII

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

“Hmm~~” Dara snuggled closer, setting herself in a more comfortable position. She’s loving her pillow right now. It’s hard but soft at the same time, and it smells nice too.

 

 

 

 

“Good morning.” Someone spoke up.

 

 

 

 

“Hmm~~ Good morning.” Dara replied as a small smile crept on her face. She opened her eyes and blinked few times, taking in her surroundings. Her eyes widens as she realize where she is. She tilts her head up and gasps when an equally wide-eyed Kwon Jiyong welcomed her.

 

 

 

Dara’s hand is on Jiyong’s chest and her head is place on his arm, which serves as her pillow.

 

 

 

 

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!” Dara scream her lungs out as she pushes Jiyong away from her and hurriedly got up from bed.

 

 

 

“URGH! Why are you so loud?! Are you planning to wake every tenants living in this building?” Jiyong said in a muffled voice as he buried his head on a pillow.

 

 

 

He too was shocked when he saw Dara lying beside him. He did forget that Dara is with him and he also doesn’t know why he suddenly blurted out a ‘good morning’ the moment he saw her sleeping face. It is as though the most natural thing to do.

 

 

 

 

“You! Why are you hugging me?! YOU ERT!!” Dara accused, pointing a finger to Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong hastily got up from his bed. “HA! Are you hearing yourself?! Who do you think is the one hugging me? Whose legs it is that wrap around me? HUH?”

 

 

 

Dara becomes silent. She bit her lips, trying to hide her embarrassment. It is true though, she’s the one who’s hugging Jiyong. In her mind, she is already chopping her arms and legs off.

 

 

 

“W-well, the thing is… I have a body pillow back in our apartment so I thought you were my pillow. You know… I’m kind a used of having it and I swear, I totally forgot that I’m not in our apartment.  Hahaha” Dara excused and forced a laugh. Boy, she doesn’t have a body pillow.

 

 

 

 

There is an awkward silence after that. Jiyong is giving an incredulous look to Dara while the latter is avoiding eye contact with him and playing the hem of her borrowed shirt. That made Jiyong to look at her hands then down to her legs. The shirt falls in the middle of her thighs exposing her creamy legs.

 

 

 

Damn, he’s not a ert but Dara is making him like one.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong didn’t show it but last night was definitely a torturous night to him. He thought that he would have a peaceful sleep but no... Dara didn’t let him have it that easily.

 

 

 

 

 

*Flashback

 

 

Jiyong was in the middle of his sleep when he felt something falls on his torso. He tried to move but that something was restraining him to do so. He had to around in the darkness before he found the thing that was on him. When his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he looked at the thing that he is now holding. He gasped and immediately retrieves his hands when he realized that the thing was actually Dara’s legs. The worse thing is, her shirt was slightly hitched up exposing more of her legs.

 

 

 

Jiyong hesitantly reach for the hem of the shirt and carefully pull it down. The next thing he did was to get her legs off of him. He carefully lifts it and places it away from him. He glances at Dara, checking if he has woken her up and heaves a sigh when he saw that she was still peacefully sleeping.

 

 

 

He settled down and tried to catch his sleep again but few minutes later something lands on him again. This time it’s her hands. He pries her hands away but it keeps on coming back. These keeps for a while until Jiyong got tired of pushing her away. He let out a frustrated sigh and just let her be as he too badly wants to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Um… want some breakfast?” Dara asked, stirring Jiyong from his trance.

 

 

 

“Do you know how to cook?” Jiyong asked, raising his brows.

 

 

 

 

Dara bit her lips. “Ah… I can make ramyeon.”

 

 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. In his mind, if Dara is not a woman he must have already strangles her by now.

 

 

 

“Come on. I’ll cook us breakfast.” Jiyong said, walking out of the room. Dara smiles and follows him.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara, I swear… If you don’t pick up, I’ll skin you alive when you get home.” Bom was pacing back and forth in their living room, making her guests dizzy. She’s been calling Dara all night but she doesn’t pick up and it makes her more worried. Dara told her that she will just take Jiyong home but until now she is not back.

 

 

 

 

“Bom… chill, will you? How many times do I have to tell you that Dara is fine?” TOP said and Bom snaps at him.

 

 

 

“Ne noona. You don’t have to worry. Besides, Jiyong hyung is with her. He may be an but he’s not a bad guy.” Seungri added.

 

 

 

Bom let out a heavy sigh and plops herself down on the couch, squeezing herself between Seungri and TOP. “It’s not like that. I know Jiyong is not that kind of guy. I’m just worried about Dara… after all I don’t have any idea of what happened last night.” Bom said and the two guys nod in understanding.

 

 

 

“Which reminds me… why you two are still here? Bom asked, raising her eyebrows.

 

 

 

“We’ll wait until Dara arrives.” TOP answered and Seungri agreed with a nod.

 

 

 

“Arasso… I’ll prepare breakfast for us. Seungri, make sure to wake up Chaerin later.” Bom got up from the couch and heads to the kitchen.

 

 

 

“Why me?!!” Seungri whined.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jiyong… What are you cooking?” Dara asked as she watched Jiyong move around the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

She received silence instead. She leaned forward, propping her elbows on top of the table and rest her cheeks on her palms. “Tsk!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji… Are you still not done? I’m hungry.” Dara speaks again, pouting her lips. She didn’t expect an answer from him but this time, he did.

 

 

 

 

“You should be thankful. I never cook for anyone.” He said while still busy on the frying pan.

 

 

 

 

“Oh. So you’re saying I should be honored?”  Dara asked.

 

 

 

 

“You should be.” Jiyong answered, turning his head to look at her with a boyish smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

Dara chuckles in disbelief. “You’re unbelievable.”

 

 

 

She’s glad that Jiyong is letting her to see this side of him. Last night’s event will surely leave a painful mark in her memories but she never thought that she would be also thankful for that incident. She never thought that Jiyong will ever show concern to her, will ever smile at her, or will ever show his caring and kind side.

 

 

 

“Here, eat this.” Jiyong said as he places a plate of food in front of Dara and takes the seat in front of her.

 

 

 

“WAA! Pancakes!” She grins like a kid, excitedly slices the pancake and takes a bite.

 

 

 

“Dhish ish shoo good! How did shou make id?” Dara asked while munching her pancake.

 

 

 

 

 

“YAH! Don’t talk when your mouth is full! What are you? A kid!?” Jiyong grimace while Dara only grins at him. He shakes his head and also takes a bite on his food. He was silently eating but unknown to Dara, he was also busy stealing glances at her.

 

 

 

It amuses Jiyong to see Dara so relax around him. She is so different from all the other girls he has met before. Most of them are being pretentious just to appeal and win his heart. Dara, on the other hand, is just being… herself. She doesn’t need to act as someone else for people to like her, to accept her. She is loved by everyone around her without pretending as someone she is not. And more importantly, she is not afraid of showing her true self… Unlike him who is hiding behind layers of mask.

 

 

 

 

 

“Waaaa! I’m so full.” Dara leaned back, patting her belly.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong snorts. “Who wouldn’t be? You just ate five whole pancakes!”

 

 

 

 

“I can’t help it. Your pancakes are so good.” Dara pouts and focus her eyes on her lap while Jiyong bite his lips to supress his smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong fake a cough, making Dara to look at him. “You don’t need to come at the lounge or meet me on Monday.”

 

 

 

“Why?” Dara frowns.

 

 

 

“Let’s just say… it’s your day-off.” Jiyong said and takes a sip from his cup of coffee.

 

 

 

“Why?” Dara insisted and Jiyong glare at her but then released a defeated sigh. He decided Dara is one stubborn woman.

 

 

 

“I’m going to the hospital on Monday. I think they’ll going to remove the cast.”

 

 

 

“Oh really?!” Dara said a little too excited for her liking, startling Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

“Can I come?” Her eyes are sparkling like a puppy.

 

 

 

 

 

“No.” Jiyong flatly rejected.

 

 

 

“Wae?” Dara asked pouting her lips.

 

 

 

“Just… no.”

 

 

 

 

“Please Ji? I want to come with you.” Dara insisted, shaking Jiyong’s arm.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong heave a frustrated sigh and look at Dara. “Tell me. You just want to skip classes, don’t you?”

 

 

 

“A-ani. Why would I do something like that?” Dara releases her hold to Jiyong’s arm and forced a laugh making it more obvious.

 

 

 

Jiyong just eyed Dara, not believing her. “Then, it’s still a no.”

 

 

 

“But – ” Dara was interrupted by the ringing of Jiyong’s phone. He fished his phone out of his pocket and answers the call. “Yoboseyo? Ne hyung.”

 

 

 

Dara frowned as she remembers something. Now that she thinks of it, she never gets hold of her cellphone since last night. Her eyes widen as she imagines how many missed calls and tex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter