Chapter XIII

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

BOM’S POV

 

 

“Um… Am I missing something?” I eyed each and everyone on the table. “When did those two became close?”

 

 

I waited for an answer but my friends seem to have the very same question. Jessica has long forgotten as we all ponder on what the hell just happened. I swear she would be in her own funeral right now if TOP didn’t stop me. Damn! You don’t know how close I was on murdering that witch right on this spot.

 

 

Only half day past but I’m already having a hard time keeping up on what’s happening around me. First, Jessica happened. Then second, Jiyong’s sudden outburst. And third, Jiyong and Dara holding hands, getting out of the cafeteria!

 

 

I’m not overacting or whatever. Ever since Dara became Jiyong’s personal assistant, they never had a proper conversation. Never did she mentions anything good about him besides that he is an and a total conceited jerk. Why so suddenly?

 

 

“Something definitely happened.” Chaerin suspected.

 

 

 

“What?! You mean they had – ”

 

 

Seungri shrieked but was cut off when Chaerin smacked him in the head. “Shut it you green-minded idiot! That’s not what I meant.”

 

 

That reminds me. I owe Jiyong big time for saving Dara that night at the club. I don’t know what I would do if Jiyong didn’t arrive on time to save her. Dara is a strong woman, not just physically, but she is still a girl. She can still be fragile in many circumstances so that’s why I’m here… We’re here to protect her and I am sure that she will do the same for us.

 

 

At young age, Dara has already gone through many s in life. That’s why I said that she is a strong woman. Heck, she’s the strongest woman I know! Despite all the hardships that she went through, she’s here living her life without regrets… smiling. And I’m really proud of her for that. 

 

 

“Seriously though, what happened between them?” I asked again. “It’s literally two days after the incident and now they’re BFFs?”

 

 

“Come on guys. Let’s not think this too hard, okay? Maybe they had a good talk when Dara spent the night at Jiyong’s. They’re friends now and I don’t see any problems with that.” TOP pointed out and everyone nodded in agreement. Well, that really made sense.

 

 

Everyone has already dropped the subject when I saw Youngbae smiling to himself. “Why are you smiling like that?”

 

 

He turned to me still smiling. “Nothing.” I raised my brow at him and he chuckles.

 

 

What was that about?

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

I am expecting the strong smell of bleach as we enter the hospital but the air has a pure fragrance, not sterile, just clean. The hallway has sleek floors and the art on the walls were all natural images in colours as bright as glacier-melt water or spring flowers. In the background played music at just right level to give the patients and staff an emotional lift. Beside every door we pass is a large plastic sign, dark with white lettering- no fancy fonts, just bold and all-caps. It's so new and spotless I feel like dirt is illegal in the whole building.

 

 

Jiyong leads me to one of the doors and knocks. A lady in light blue uniform opens the door and ushered us inside.

 

 

“Good afternoon Mr Kwon and um Miss – ” The lady greeted and turned to me inquiring perhaps for my name.

 

 

“Park. Sandara Park.” I smiled and she also returns it with a smile.

 

 

“Very well Miss Park, Mr Kwon. Doctor Kang will see you in few minutes.”

 

 

We settled ourselves in the waiting area as we are told that Doctor Kang is still making rounds, visiting his patients at the bedside. The lady, on the other hand, went back on her table and started to answer calls and jotting down notes. Obviously, she’s the doctor’s secretary. Her table is right beside a glass door which probably the doctor’s clinic.

 

 

I glance over Jiyong who’s busy with his cellphone. “So…” I drag, struggling to engage in small talk.

 

 

“Do you think they’ll going to remove the cast?” I half whispered.

 

 

“Yeah, I think so.” He answered not looking at me.  He is so immense on whatever his doing through his phone he didn’t even spare me a glance.

 

 

“Does it still hurt?”

 

 

“No.”

 

“Okay.” I was planning to end our hopeless conversation with that but then I remembered the scene earlier at the cafeteria. “Oh! Ji… thank you for standing up for my friends earlier. I really appreciate it.”

 

 

He stops putting his phone on his pocket, and looks at me. “Does she always do that to you?” He stares at me, his deep-brown eyes piercing through mine.

 

 

I want to look away from his gaze but his eyes seem to be compelling me not to. “Every time we encounter, I guess?” I said and he frowns at my statement.

 

 

“Then why are you letting her to treat you like that?” His said sternly. “You have the guts to bloody stomp on my foot but you’re letting someone like Jessica to insult you?”

 

 

I get what he’s saying and I find it very sweet that he is worried about me, about my friends. Well, I’m just assuming that he is somehow concerned about us, considering his reaction earlier at the cafeteria. I was about to step in and stop Jessica from insulting my friends when Jiyong suddenly snapped. I didn’t expect him to react like that and damn he easily put Jessica in her place!

 

 

I give him a faint smile. “I’m not scared of Jessica. I’m just trying to avoid matters that could compromise our scholarship – “I was cut off as Jiyong snorts.

 

 

“So stomping my foot was excluded to those matters?” He leaned closer and smirks. Our proximity is so close I could smell his minty breath.

 

 

“Th-that’s why I’m suffering now for being your personal assistant, am I? That was a stupid mistake.” I huffed and he smirks as he widens our gap, finally.

 

 

“Fair enough.” He nods. “Carry on.”

 

 

I heave a sigh and continue again. “Like I said, I don’t want to involve myself to any kind of trouble. Jessica came from an influential family, she’s just one call away and I could say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter