Chapter VIII

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

“E- Excuse me?” I asked him, in case my ears are just playing tricks on me. Seriously! What’s wrong with my senses today? First my eyes, now it’s my ears!

 

 

 

 

“Be my personal nurse.” He said in an impassive voice, face also void of emotions.

 

 

 

 

I opened my mouth but closed it again as I don’t know what to say. Heck, I don’t even know how I should react to this.

I shake my head and looked up to him again.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Mr Kwon. You must have mistaken. I’m an English and Literature student, not a medical or nursing student.” I informed him.

 

 

 

 

He rolled his eyes. “Do you have Alzheimer’s or something?” He said, drawing his brows together.

 

 

 

“Of course I already knew that. You just said that a while ago in uncle’s office!” He huffs an aggravated breath.

 

 

 

“Okay… If you don’t like the term nurse, then we’ll use the word assistant instead.” He continued, bringing back his mischievous face.

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr Kwon… I’m sorry but the answer is NO. I can’t be your personal nurse, assistant, or whatever.” I said frankly to him.

 

 

 

 

Personal assistant? Hell NO, I won’t. I don’t want to get associated with this bloody rich kid! Nah-uh... My eyes and ears are malfunctioning today, but not my nose…. because I can smell trouble from this guy. So it is better to prevent myself from getting involved with him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, Miss Park…. I think you have mistaken me as well.” He leans over again, making an eye contact with me. “It’s not a question Miss Park… It’s an order.” He said in a low, husky voice.

 

 

 

 

 

I gulped, trying to quench my drying throat. GAHD! Why does this have such a gorgeous face?! YES, I admit… this orange-haired guy is attractive. He may not have the perfect face like TOP, have a well-built body like Youngbae, have a charming smile like Daesung, nor have cute features like Seungri… but he have this distinct charm that made him more attractive than the others.

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s still a no Mr Kwon.” I said to the arrogant guy in front of me.

 

 

 

 

“Listen here, Miss Park. Whose fault it is that my foot is freaking injured? It is because of your stupidity, isn’t it? So I think it is only proper, for you to feel responsible for it or else—“

 

 

 

 

“Or else, what?” I cut him off as he infuriates me by his words. “Oh! I know… You’ll use your family’s influence to revoke my scholarship, right?!”

 

 

 

 

 

He only sneered at me and it’s slowly getting on my nerves. “I’m not that low Miss Park… But you know… the university can still revoke it, without me interfering.”

 

 

 

 

My brows knitted together, thinking of what does that mean. My eyes widened as realization hit me. Why did I not think of this before? I’m so ed up!

 

 

 

 

“I will just report you in the office of student affairs for assaulting me, and they will be the one to take care of it…. Which I am sure will lead for the termination of your scholarship.” He said with a sneer still plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

ARGHHH!! I badly want to claw out that stupid smirk of his… He’s a jerk! A total package jerk! I know I already lost to him… What can I do? We’re talking about my scholarship here… I don’t want to admit but he has a bloody point! Besides, that’s not only what I’m afraid of. If he would ever report me in the office of student affairs, I’m sure that it will spread like a wild fire in the entire campus. Then his tribe of fan girls will surely hunt me down!! GAHD! I have goosebumps by just imagining it.

 

 

 

 

 

He poke my forehead, broking my reverie. Then there it is again…. his signature lopsided smirk plastered on his face.

 

 

 

 

“So… do we have a deal?” He asked but I didn’t respond. Rather, I didn’t know what should I respond.

 

 

 

 

………………………………….

…………………………….

…………………………

………………….

 

 

“I take that as a yes...” He simply said. “Give me your phone.”

 

 

 

 

What does he want now? I can only sigh. “Why?”

 

 

 

 

“Just give it.” He ordered again.

 

 

 

I let out a sigh again before pulling out my phone in the back pocket of my pants. I hand it to him but he’s still not taking it… I looked up to him and he was staring at it like it was an alien gadget from Mars.

 

 

 

 

“What century do you live in?” He asked, taking it eventually as he also pulled out his phone.

 

 

 

 

 

“What? I’m poor! Besides, is it a crime now to use a phone with keypads in your world full of touchscreens? I snap, rolling my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

He just ignored me and gave back my phone. “I saved your number… I’ll text you tomorrow.” He said in monotone and turned his back on me.

 

 

 

 

 

I closed my eyes and let out a dejected sigh. What did I get myself into? !

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at his retreating back but I was surprise when he suddenly looked back. He started to limp towards me and stopped when he reach me. He suddenly snatched the forgotten apple juice in my hands. I stared at him and he just freaking winked at me, with a playful smirk on his face! I mentally slap myself when I felt my cheeks blushed. ARGH!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bommie-ah!! Ottoke? Ottoke? Ottokeeeeeee??!!!” I jump on the sleeping Bom’s bed.

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t even move an inch! I already told them about my ‘unfortunate’ encounter with that jerk. I was so frantic while retelling them the whole story but my so called bestfriends sided with him! Telling me that—

 

 

 

 

”He has a point.”

 

 

 

“It is really your responsibility for stomping his foot.”

 

 

 

“It’s for your scholarship.”

 

 

 

“Besides, he’s quite handsome.”

 

 

 

“And rich...”

 

 

 

“And y!”

 

 

 

And some other nonsense… Are they really my bestfriends?!

 

 

 

I’m so mad at myself since yesterday, for letting like this to happen. I should have given him more propositions, an acceptable proposition! How could I ‘silently agreed’ to be his personal assistant? I don’t know… I’m so flustered to even utter a word. All I could think about at that moment was my precious scholarship… Sigh..

 

 

 

 

I look back again at the corn lover, sleeping beauty. “BOM!! OTTOKEEEE?!!!”

 

 

 

Finally, she jerked out of sleep! But my beloved bestfriend turned her back on me and place her pillow on her head… plugging her ears.

 

 

 

 

 

*Beep

 

 

 

 

I heard and felt my phone vibrated inside my pajama’s pocket. The text message came from an unknown number but I opened it anyways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

FROM: Unknown

 

Parking lot. 8:30 am, sharp.

 

 

 

 

I don’t even need to think whose text message this is… It’s so bloody obvious, crystal clear… It’s definitely Mr Kwon! His text sounded much like him… monotone, blank, impassive. Heck! I can even imagine his deadpan expression while writing this message.

 

 

 

 

“Oh my God, BOM!!!! He texted me! He really did text me! Ottoke? Ottoke? O—” My screaming frenzy was cut off by a flying pillow that hit me on the face. I grab the pillow off my face and look at Bom, who’s glaring at me.

 

 

 

 

“If you don’t shut up…. I will forget that you are my bestfriend and salvage you myself.” Bom snarls at me.

 

 

 

 

 

I quickly zip my mouth, slumping my shoulders and pout like a little kid. I can’t help it…. I’m also afraid of Bom’s wrath. She’s scary, you know.

 

 

 

 

 

“Bommie-ah… Do I really have to go?” I sounded like a little kid asking my mom to not send me off to school.

 

 

 

 

She stares at me for a while. She sighed heavily and slid off from her blanket. “Dara… Did we already talk about this last night?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes but—”I tried to protest but was cut off.

 

 

 

 

“You have nothing to worry about. Besides, it will not be long…. His foot will eventually heal sooner or later.” She said and smiled after, reassuring me. I nod and gave her a small smile.

 

 

 

 

“So move your cute little and get ready already.” She said, shoving me away.

 

 

 

 

“But how about you and Chaerin?” I asked.

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t worry… We’ll take the bus.” She answered, still pushing me out of her room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” I asked for the last time.

 

 

 

 

“YES!” She answered, smacking my . “So go!”

 

 

 

 

I’m still hesitating though… Actually, I still really don’t want to go. Involving me to someone like him is no good… I just feel it. All I want is to finish college peacefully… but I think it’s already impossible.

 

 

 

 

Sigh…… I pushed out all of my negative thoughts. “Everything’s going to be fine.” I chanted, heading towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

I hurriedly jump out of Volkskii, my Volkswagen Kombi, and clumsily throw my bag over my shoulders. I checked my wristwatch and it reads 9:31 am.

Oh perfect! I’m only one hour and a minute late… And wow! I got the farthest parking spot from the university’s entrance. This is so damn great!

 

 

 

 

 

Sarcasm. That was pure sarcasm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m dialing Mr Kwon’s number, half-running. We are supposedly meet here in the parking lot but that was an hour ago! He must have gone inside already so I thought of calling him instead.

 

 

I am about to press the call button when something, or someone rather, caught my eyes.

 

His arm crossed and was leaning against his matte black Lamborgh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter