Chapter XI

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

WARNING: Long Chapter ahead XD

 

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Youngbae suddenly spoke up. We are watching our friends dancing on the dance floor from our table.

 

 

 

 

 

“Who?” I asked, not looking at him.

 

 

 

 

 

“The girl you’ve been staring at for a while now.” He said which made me look at him.

 

 

 

 

“I’m not staring at Dara!” I said. I mentally punch myself for sounding so defensive.

 

 

 

 

Youngbae also turn his head to face me with a smirk tugged in the corner of his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

“So you really are staring at Dara, huh. Bro, I didn’t even mention her name. Busted~~” He chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s not—”I tried to protest but he cuts me off.

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong, you’re already caught red-handed.” He said with a playful smile on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

“Whatever.” I said, looking back at the dance floor.

 

 

 

 

 

As I look back, I saw Dara tilt her head up and look at us. Youngbae wave at her and she returned it with a smile. Then her eyes shift to mine. I just stare at her and… admire her until she went back on dancing. It’s not my first time to see her smile but damn, it never failed to give me warmth… even though her smiles are not for me.

 

 

 

 

 

I already admitted to myself, after I first saw her, that she’s a real beauty. When she arrives and saw her walking towards our table, damn… I think my world stops for a split second.

 

 

 

this… I need to get rid of her image out of my head.

 

 

 

 

“Where are you going?” Youngbae asked as I got up from my seat.

 

 

 

 

“To the bar. I need more drinks.” I answered.

 

 

 

 

“Okay. Don’t drink too much. I don’t want to take care of your drunk .” He warned.

 

 

 

 

“Neh, omma. I won’t.” I smirked which earned me a scowl from him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made my way to the bar and take my seat on one of the bar stools. I ordered for a scotch from the bartender and he serves it to me not long after.

 

 

 

I am savouring my drink when a girl occupied the seat on my right. “Jiyong, I haven’t seen you in a while. I missed you.” She purred, hooking her hands on my arm.

 

 

 

 

I looked at her and she gave me a seductive smirk but I turned back my head and focus my attention to my drink instead.  I don’t really remember her, that’s why. She keeps on flirting me and I just let her be. After a while, another girl approaches me and takes the seat on my left side.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jiyong… You look lonely. I can make you happy if you want.” She said in a seductive voice, also clinging on my arm. Again, I also don’t remember her. They probably one of the women I’ve slept with before… I don’t know.

 

 

 

 

I just let them to flirt with me and cling to me because like I said, I need distractions. But then, minutes have passed but they still don’t . They have been flaunting their s and purposely rubbing it against my arms but it doesn’t affect me even a little bit. What’s odder is that I find them so annoying… so damn annoying.

 

 

 

 

I yank my arms from their holds and gets up from the bar stool. “Where are you going Jiyong? We’re still having fun!” One of the girls yells.

 

 

 

 

I ignored her and continued my way back to our table. I stopped midway when I saw Dara’s back. She’s on her way towards the bathroom. I follow her with my eyes and I notice that there’s a guy behind her, following her. My eyes squinted to look closely at the guy but they already turn into a corner.

 

 

 

 

 

I ignored the thought, thinking that the guy must also need to use the bathroom… that it’s just a coincidence so I proceed to our table. I occupied the seat which facing the direction of the bathroom. Moments later, I saw the guy leaning against the wall. He seems… waiting for something. I continued to observe the guy until two girls came out from the women’s bathroom.

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jiyong! Are you listening to me? Hey…” Youngbae’s snapping his fingers in front of my face which grabs my attention.

 

 

 

 

“Huh?” I asked as I looked at him.

 

 

 

 

“Dude! I’ve been talking to you and you’re not even listening.” He said, shaking his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh yeah… what was that?” I asked, slumping my back on the chair.

 

 

 

 

 

He stared at me for a second and then he sighed. “I am asking about what happened back there.” He said, pointing at the bar with his lips.

 

 

 

 

I glance at the bar’s direction and then frowned. “What are you talking about?”

 

 

 

 

“I mean the girls… It wouldn’t even take you a minute of sweet talking and s to get them to bed but you basically just turned your back on them.” He said, raising his one eyebrow.

 

 

 

 

“I’m just… not in the mood.” I said, averting my eyes from him.

 

 

 

 

His eyebrows shot higher and he’s wearing a face that screams “I don’t believe your .”

 

 

 

 

 

“Really?” He smirked.

 

 

 

 

“Yes… Really.” I simply said. He didn’t say anything after that and I’m relieved that he decided to drop the subject.

 

 

 

 

My eyes went back on the direction where the guy is but he was no longer there. I suddenly felt alarmed. I glance at my wrist watch and it’s been a while since I saw Dara entered the bathroom. “What’s taking her so long?” I murmured to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara is still not coming out and I’m getting anxious about it. What if something bad happened to her? What if the floor is wet and she slips then she got injured? What if the guy really followed her inside the women’s bathroom? ! It can’t be…

 

 

 

 

I slammed my hands on the table as I got up from my seat, startling Youngbae a bit. “What the… Where are you going?” He asked.

 

 

 

 

“Bathroom.” I answered then I headed towards its direction.

 

 

 

 

 

I push past all the people that are in my way and I arrived at the bathroom in a blink of an eye, given the fact that I have an injured foot. I entered the men’s bathroom first, hoping that my suspicion is not true. I scanned all the faces that are inside, I even checked the cubicles but unfortunately the guy I saw was not here.

 

 

 

 

 

I leave the men’s bathroom to check out next the women’s. I proceeded to the door, taking the knob into my hand but I hesitated for a moment. I asked myself if it’s okay to just barge in the women’s bathroom. But then, I heard a voice on the other side of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

“No… please. Don’t.” My eyes widen when I recognize Dara’s voice. I know she’s crying… I can hear it on her voice.

 

 

 

I heard another voice. “Don’t worry sweetheart. It’s not going to hurt.” It’s a guy’s voice.

 

 

 

 

I didn’t waste any second and open the door. “Get your ing hands off her.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

 

“Huh?! Who the are you?” The guy said, approaching Mr Kwon.

 

 

 

 

I watch the guy walks up to Mr Kwon and stops just few inches away from him. The guy is taller and his body is twice the size of Mr Kwon but he remains compose and calm. But his eyes tell it otherwise. The intensity in his eyes mirrors anger. It’s my first time to see him like this and it is somewhat frightening.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry dude. I don’t really like to share especially… this hottie right here.” The guy turns to me and smirk.

 

 

 

 

He turned back to Mr Kwon and was welcomed by a punch in the face which made me squealed. The guy was caught off guard making him fall on the hard floor.

 

 

 

 

The guy quickly recovered, spitting and wiping the blood on his mouth. “YOU ER!!!” The guy shouts and lunges at Mr Kwon.

 

 

 

He wasn’t able to dodge because of his injury so they both fall on the floor, with the huge guy straddling Mr Kwon and punching him endlessly.

 

 

 

 

“STOP! PLEASE STOP!!!” I cried, pulling the guy but he won’t budge. I tried punching his back but it has no effect on him so I tried to bite his shoulders… real hard. It works because he stops and screams in pain.

 

 

 

 

“YOU !!!” He growled and I felt a strong pang of my pain on my left cheek. He slapped me real hard I fell down on the floor. He was about to hit me again but Mr Kwon tackles him down. Mr Kwon is the one who’s straddling the guy now, beating the out of him. Mr Kwon throws few punches but the guy already looks lifeless.  He keeps on beating the guy that his face is now barely unrecognizable.

 

 

 

 

“MR KWON! Stop! Please stop…” I tried to pull him but he keeps on pounding the guy.

 

 

 

 

“Mr Kwon! Please, that’s enough. You’ll kill him… please!”

 

 

 

 

“JIYONG!” That was Youngbae.

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae comes rushing to us and tried to pull Mr Kwon off the guy but he just pushes Youngbae, making him fall on the floor also.

 

 

 

 

“YOU BASTARD! I’LL KILL YOU!!!” Mr Kwon shouted, punching the guy.

 

 

 

Another wave of tears comes rushing from my eyes. I don’t like to see Mr Kwon like this. I rushed to him and wrap my arms around his torso, my cheeks resting his back.

 

 

 

 

“JIYONG! Stop! Stop… jebal.” I pleaded.

 

 

 

 

His fist stops mid-air and slowly put it down to his side. He stops but I stayed there, hugging him, and damping his shirt with my tears. His chest was heaving rapidly and his breathing is heavy but I can feel that he’s calm now.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong! Dara! Are you both alright?” Youngbae asked, his voice laced with concern.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter