Chapter XVII

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

"Aish!! Why am I the one doing this?" Seungri ranted by himself as he drives to an unfamiliar road. He’s looking for a particular apartment but he realized that he really doesn’t know where the exact location is.

 

 

“Aiyooooo hyung! Chincha!?” He stops his car on the side line and fish out his phone in his pocket. He dialled a particular number and waited for the other line to answer.

 

 

No one answered which frustrates Seungri even more.

 

 

He was about to dial again when he catch a glimpse of Chaerin walking down the road. He immediately drives towards her then slows down as he reaches her.

 

 

Chaerin stops in her tracks as she looks closely at the car. The car window rolls down and she narrows her eyes when she recognized that it’s Seungri.

 

 

“Seungri? What are you doing here?”

 

 

“Do you know where Dara noona’s apartment is?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A little while ago…]

 

 

“Seungri! Where are you?”

 

 

“Hyung?” Seungri groggily asked. He look at the caller ID, checking if it’s really Jiyong.

 

 

“YAH! I said where are you?” Jiyong impatiently asked again. Seungri lazily looked at his bedside clock and he groaned as he realized that it’s only 7:05 in the morning.

 

 

He slumps his head back to the comfy pillow, wanting to resume his peaceful sleep. “Hyung, I’m still in bed. Why did you call, it’s too early.” He whined like a child.

 

 

“Get up. I need you to do something.”

 

 

“But hyung—”

 

 

“Oh I wonder how Uncle is. Maybe I’ll visit him one of these days.”

 

 

“Hyuuuung!!! That’s unfair.” Seungri cried.

 

 

He already has an idea what his hyung is thinking. “Hyung, it’s just a one night stand!”

 

 

“Oooh. So you really did hook up with your dad’s secretary huh?” Jiyong laugh on the other line and Seungri smack himself for slipping those words out. “I wonder how Uncle will react if he found out that his son is fooling around with his secretary… in his own office.”

 

 

Seungri closed his eyes for a second and threw curses under his breath. “Alright, I give up.” He sighs dejectedly. He’s already imaging the triumphant smirk on Jiyong’s face. “What do you want me to do, hyung?”

 

 

[Now…]

 

 

“Yes, of course. I’m on my way there actually.” Chaerin supplied.

 

 

“Great! Hop on. I’ll take us both there.” Seungri chimes in, unlocking the door for her.

 

 

Chaerin just raised her brow at him. “No. I can manage.” She said, turning on her heels and started to walk again.

 

 

“Yah! Wait!” Seungri lightly press the gas so he can catch up with her. “Come on CL~ we’re both going the same place.” He reasons out but Chaerin only glares at him.

 

 

“What will you do there anyways?” She asked, feeling irritated already.

 

 

Seungri averted his eyes, thinking of an excuse. Jiyong will surely fry his if he told her that his hyung is the one who actually sent him there.

 

 

“Err… I just want to visit them.” It sounded more like a question to himself making Chaerin look at him suspiciously. “Aish! Just get in the car CL. I’m just giving you a free ride. It’s not like I’m gonna kidnap you or something.”

 

 

Chaerin scoffs. “Nothing is free in this world Seungri. Everything has a price.”

 

 

It’s Seungri’s turn to scoff at Chaerin. “That’s where you’re wrong. Not everyone is greedy like what you think. There are still people in this world who doesn’t expect something in return.”

 

 

“Are you saying you are one of those people?” She asked, raising her brow at him.

 

 

“I’m not gonna say it but I will show that I am. All you have to do is trust me.” Seungri said way too seriously for his liking. “So get your cute little in the car and show me the direction.”

 

 

He tried to lighten the mood by his last statement and he expects a witty retort from her but the girl only stares at him.

 

 

“Yo CL!” Seungri waves his hand in front of her face. “You still there?”

 

 

Chaerin blinks a few times, still recovering from shock. “Huh?”

 

 

“Get in the car, please?” He pouted and Chaerin grimaced at the sight of him pouting.

 

 

“Stop that. It’s disgusting!”

 

 

“Stop what?” Seungri asked innocently then grins, earning him a scowl from Chaerin.

 

 

His smile stretches wider as he watches Chaerin round his car and settles herself on the passenger seat.

 

 

“What?” She snapped when she finished buckling up. Still grinning from ear to ear, Seungri only shook his head.

 

 

“What are you smiling for? You look stupid right now.” Chaerin narrows her eyes but Seungri still can’t wipe off his smile.

 

 

 

 

Bom was busy cooking in the kitchen when she heard the knocks on their door. She’s expecting Chaerin today so she was quite surprise when she saw Seungri also standing by their door.

 

 

“Seungri! What are you doing here?” Bom greeted. “Come in.”

 

 

“Thank you noona but there’s no need.” He smiled at her gesture. “I’m just going to ask if Dara noona is home.”

 

 

Bom furrowed her brows. “Dara? She just went out a while ago.”

 

 

“Wait. You said you came here to visit them.” Chaerin interjected. “Then why are you only looking for Dara unnie?”

 

 

Sweat started to form on his forehead as the two girls are now looking at him questioningly.

 

 

He mentally kicks himself for being careless. Realizing that they are still patiently waiting for his explanation, he racks his brains to come up with a good excuse.

 

 

“Yeah, I uh… what I meant is that I want to visit them so that I can ask where Dara noona is.” He smiled nervously. “Y-yeah. I meant it like that.”

 

 

“So why are you looking for Dara unnie?”Chaerin added, still not convince.

 

 

“Oh come on CL. Stop interrogating me! Can’t you see I’m sweating already?” He screams in his mind.

 

 

“Um— I want to talk to her about… something important.”

 

 

“Don’t you have her number? You should have just called her.” Bom pointed out.

 

 

Seungri heard Chaerin snorted. “.”

 

 

He glared at Chaerin but the latter only challenge him with a glare also. He sighs and turns back to Bom for the more important matter. The important matter why he is here in the first place.

 

 

“I know noona but I need to talk to her in person. Do you know where I can find her?” He said in his most convincing voice.

 

 

“Well, Dara went out to meet with Mino.” Bom informed them.

 

 

“MINO!”

 

 

“Mino?”

 

 

They both chorus. Seungri’s sporting a frown while Chaerin is obviously ecstatic 

 

 

“Oh~ I didn’t know Mino here in Seoul. I missed that punk.”

 

 

Seungri’s frown got deeper upon noticing Chaerin’s delightful face. “Who is this Mino anyways?” He thought.

 

 

“I know right! I haven’t seen him since we moved here in Seoul.” Bom agreed.

 

 

His eyes widen at Bom’s statement. “What!? Mino is a HE!?”

 

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes, not believing how stupid the guy in front of her. “All you think is girls. Only a like you would think that Mino is a name for a girl.”

 

 

Seungri fully turned to Chaerin as he too is getting annoyed with the latter. He never got annoyed like this before, especially for the fact that she’s a girl.

 

 

What? Girls usually find him adorable. Oh scratch that. Girls love him.

 

 

“How would I know? Other countries name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter