Chapter XIV

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

BOM’S POV

 

 

It’s lunch break and as per usual our little group is situated in our usual table in the cafeteria. Everyone is having a great time eating and talking, except for Dara. I look at her worriedly. She’s staring blankly at the glass wall and I notice that she barely touch her food.

 

 

I sigh as I recall of what happened yesterday.

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

Dara went home without her usual self. Her head hang low and she looks gloom, and that’s when I realized that something is definitely wrong. “Dara, are you okay?” I asked softly.

 

 

She runs to me and hugs me tightly as soon as she heard my voice. I hug her and rub her back. “Hey, something wrong?” I asked and I felt her body shook as she softly sobs.

 

 

My hug tightens and give her soothing words, telling her that everything’s going to be okay. I can’t help myself from worrying for my bestfriend. It hurts seeing her like this… again.

 

 

When she finally calms, I gently push her so that I could look at her. “Dara-ah, what happened?” I push back the hair strands that stuck on her face due to her tears. “Please tell me.”

 

 

She sniffs before answering me. “I saw him. I saw him Bommie-ah.”

 

 

I engage her in a tight hug again and rub her back, thinking that it will help to lessen the pain she is feeling. “Oh Dara…” That’s the only words I could say as I am too was shocked.

 

 

I know who she is talking about and my heart constricts in pain for her. But the hurt I feel is nothing compared to what she is feeling right now. It’s been long since she last saw him… her father.

 

 

I took Dara in her room and console her until she fell asleep. Morning comes and I found her already getting ready for university. I told her that it’s okay not to go and just rest at the apartment but she refuses, reasoning that she is fine and that she doesn’t want to miss her classes.

 

 

“Dara noona, what’s wrong? Why are you not eating?” Seungri asked, making me out of my trance.

 

 

Dara slightly flinch but flash him a faint smile nevertheless. “Um- nothing. I’m just… not that hungry.” Seungri nods and went back on chatting with the group.

 

 

That’s a lie and I don’t buy it. She hasn’t eaten any proper meal since last night! I shot her a worried look and she returns it with a reassuring smile. I gave her one last look and decided to let it slide for now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wander around the hallways of the Humanities building, hugging my books against my chest. Yes, I’m at Dara’s and Chaerin’s building. I decided to wait for them here since I don’t have any classes anymore. But for some odd reason, I can’t find one of their rooms!

 

 

Maybe I’m just too distracted thinking of ways on how to cheer up Dara? I let out a dejected sigh and decided to walk around once more. I’ve been circling this floor for the 67th time now and there’s still no Chaerin or Dara.

 

 

Okay, that’s a bit exaggerated but still!

 

 

“BOO.” Someone poke me from behind, shocking the life out of me and causing me to drop my books on the floor. I groan as I crouch down to pick them out.

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I scare you too much?” He said in his y, deep voice then chuckles. He also crouches down and helps me pick up my books.

 

 

Choi Seunghyun.

 

 

“Of course not! I purposely dropped my books because I’m bored.” Sarcasm is dripping from my voice as I stand up.

 

 

He chuckles again as he hands me the rest of my books. “I’m calling your name but you just keep on walking. You seem spacing out.”

 

 

“Err, mianhe. I didn’t hear you.” I said apologetically. “Why are you here, by the way?”

 

 

“I was looking for you, actually.”

 

 

I tilt my head in confusion. “How did you know that I am in this building?”

 

 

“Um—well, I went first at the Music building to find you but you are not there. So I thought you must be here to wait for Dara and Chaerin, or something like that.” He explained, scratching the back of his neck. Cute.

 

 

He went through those troubles just to find me? Now I’m curious why he is looking for me.

 

 

“Ok so…”

 

 

“So yeah, ah—I’m wondering, are you free over the weekend?” He asks hesitantly. “There’s this place that I want to go this Saturday and I would like to ask if you could go with me?”

 

 

OH MY GOD! Is he asking me on a date? I still don’t forgive him for calling me chubby the first day we met but damn, who could resist such gorgeous man? Especially that deep voice… so damn y! And most importantly, for each day passed I come to know him little by little. He’s a good guy.

 

 

I open my mouth to say yes to him but close it again as I remember Dara. How can I forget!? She needs a friend… She needs me.

 

 

I’m sorry Seunghyun but I can’t. Dara’s too important to me and she’s my priority right now.

 

 

“Seunghyun, I—”

 

 

“—would love to.” That’s definitely not me.

 

 

I snapped my head towards the voice, which is from behind. “Dara!”

 

 

“Of course she would love to go with you Tabi, right Bommie?” She turned to me and smiled innocently.

 

 

I grab her arm, turning our backs to Seunghyun. “What are you saying? I can’t leave you all alone, especially now.” I whispered.

 

 

“Bom this isn’t about me, this is about you and Tabi.” She pointed out. “Besides, I’m fine now. You have nothing to worry about, okay?”

 

 

“Fine my . You’re spacing out the whole day!” I half hissed, half whispered.

 

 

“If you don’t go with Tabi, I will not talk to you for a—week! And I will delete your number in my phone!”

 

 

I snort earning me a death glare from her. Dara always use these threats every time she gets piss off at me or Chaerin but she never actually done it anyways. So it’s kind of funny hearing this again. Her threats are nothing but empty threats.

 

 

“Dara you—”

 

 

“I mean it.” She stated firmly. Uh-oh.

 

 

I look at her in disbelief and she stares at me squarely in the eye, convincing me that I should say yes to Seunghyun.

 

 

I let out a defeated sigh, which I think I’m doing a lot recently, and turns again to Seunghyun whose face is mark with confusion. “Ah… Yes Seunghyun, I will go with you this Saturday.”

 

 

His face light up and his mouth forms into a huge grin. “I’ll pick you up around 10, if that’s okay?”

 

 

“That’ll be perfect.” I smile back at him.

 

 

“Okay then, I gotta go. See you later guys.”

 

 

“Bye, Tabi!” Dara waves him goodbye while I only nods him.

 

 

I look again at Dara. She is smiling now but I know deep inside she’s still not fine. She’s just doing this for us not to worry about her. But honestly, I don’t want that. I don’t want her to think that she is a burden to us but instead, I want her to share her problems to us. That’s what friends are for, right?

 

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

I still can’t get Dara out of mind. Seeing her spacing out like that bothers the out of me. I was observing her the whole lunch break—she’s there, yes, physically, but her mind is floating somewhere else. She didn’t even bother touching her food! She said that she’s not hungry but that’s bull. The Dara I know never rejects food!

 

 

I don’t know why but it’s really frustrating. She’s not cheery like she normally does… okay, I hate it when she’s being so loud but I hate it more seeing her like this. I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter