Chapter V

A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

It’s been a week since classes had officially started. I think we have just set a new world record of not causing or engaging into any trouble. After all, it’s the longest time that we behave like this. I can’t believe it either!

 

 

We’ve meet new friends and we’re slowly adapting to our new environment. Like I thought, SNU is mostly consists of the upper class… you know, the rich kids. Surprisingly, there are few students from the upper class who is very friendly and kind. Some of them are even my friends already!

 

 

But of course, there are some arrogant es treating us like some kind of an outlier, like some kind of plague. I know that we came from the lower social class but do they have to shove it in our faces?! Saying that our kind doesn’t belong here in this university?! ARGHHH!!!!

 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

I am walking along the hallways of the Humanities building when I saw the most annoying specie I have ever met…

 

 

Jessica Jung.

 

 

She’s my classmate on English subject and I swear, if not for my patience, I already have salvaged her along Han River!

 

 

She’s wearing a black dress, hanging few inches above her knees, paired with a black 5 inch Prada heels. She is walking like she’s on a bloody fashion runway and trailing behind her was her little minions. Yeah, I decided to call them that.

 

 

“!” I muttered under my breath when I saw them heading towards my direction. “Can they just leave me alone?”

 

 

“Oh hey! It’s the bumpkin.” Jessica exclaimed, her minions sneering behind her.

 

 

As much as I don’t want to, I just hanged my head low and tried to walk pass them. I’m not in the mood to entertain them right now. Oh great! Her minions blocked my way as Jessica spoke again.

 

 

“Aw, don’t be rude Dara-ah. I’m still talking to you, you know?” She said in her oh-so sweet voice.

 

 

I look up to her as I’m starting to get irritated. “Jessica-ssi, I have to go now. I still have classes to attend.” I said as calm as I can.

 

 

I tried to walk away but got blocked again. I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment, trying to control my temper. Then Bom and Chaerin suddenly appeared behind my back. They know about Jessica as I already told them about her.

 

 

“What’s going on here Dara?” Bom asked worriedly.

 

 

“Oh! Are these your friends Dara? Jessica interjected pointing at Bom and Chaerin. “Awww. I guess birds of a feather really do flock together, huh? Ugly losers!” Jessica said and smirked, her minions also chuckling.

 

 

I glance nervously at Bom and Chaerin. They are both short-tempered and I know that they are now struggling to hold it now. I am also on the edge of losing my cool but decided to suppress it a little longer, knowing that it will only do no good.

 

 

I can feel that they will snap any minute now. “What did you just say?” Bom said through gritted teeth.

 

 

“Oh, that you are ugly losers?” Jessica smirked as she continues giving us insults.

 

 

Chaerin and Bom are ready to beat the living daylights out of Jessica and her minions but I quickly get a hold of their hands and squeeze it lightly in the process, thinking that it could help to calm them down.

 

 

They are both glaring at Jessica while she still bestowing her fake innocent, sweet smile.

 

 

“Guys, it’s a total waste of time if we stay here any longer.” I whispered to them. “Let’s go?” They nodded but still busy giving Jessica a death glare so I just dragged them away… away from those despicable minions.

 

 

[Present Day]

 

 

“Urgh!” I groaned. I’ve been running errands for the old man since this morning! YES! I’m talking about Professor Yang. He called me in his office this morning telling me to be his personal assistant for the day.

 

 

Bom, Chaerin, and I became closed to him. We see him as a father figure here in university and on the other hand he also treats us like his own daughters.

 

 

“Sir? But I have cla-” he cuts me off.

 

 

“Don’t worry about classes. Your professors have gone to an overseas seminar.” Prof. Yang explained, giving me a pile of paperwork. “They just received a memo today so they don’t have the chance to inform their students.”

 

 

“What about Eunju unnie? Where is she?” I asked. Eunju unnie is his PA.

 

 

“She called in sick.” He shortly answered.

 

 

“Why me though? I don’t want to.” I whined and pouted cutely. “Why not Bom? Or Chaerin?”

 

 

He just shook his head and chuckled. That’s when he began on his unending orders. So here I am, running back and forth, doing errand… AISHT!!

 

 

I am walking down the halls, carrying a big pile of hand outs. I suddenly felt thirsty so I decided to stop over the cafeteria. GOD! This is draining me.

 

 

It is already late in the afternoon so the cafeteria is now almost empty. I walk towards the counter and a middle-aged lady greets me. I put down the hand outs on the counter and ask the ahjumma for a can of apple juice.

 

 

“Ahjumma, a can of apple juice please.” I asked her politely and smiled at me. She went to the fridge and grabs a can of apple juice then she hands it down to me.

 

 

“Its 1000 won, Miss.” She said smiling. I smile back at her and put down the juice in the counter to search for a 1000 bill in my pockets.

 

 

I was handing the 1000 won to the ahjumma when my phone suddenly rings. “Yoboseyo? Yes sir, I’m on my way.” I said, half-running out of the cafeteria. The old man is already looking for me!

 

 

I’m already halfway and I noticed that something is missing. I abruptly stop and lift my right hand… MY APPLE JUICE! I let out a frustrated sigh as I my heels and went back to the cafeteria.

 

 

I’m sure it’s still there….it just been a minute or two since I left.

 

 

I am now walking, head bowed down, towards the entrance of the cafeteria when someone blocks my way. I still didn’t look up and maintained my head down. I step in to my left and he also did. I step to my right and he also ing did.

 

 

I was about to look up but something caught my attention so instead, Mmy eyes shifted to his arms and wow! That’s a lot of tattoos he have there. And he was holding a can of apple juice! It can’t be my apple juice, right?

 

 

 

 

I looked up and glared at him. “What the heck? Orange hair!? And that’s a lot of piercing you got there dude.” I said to myself as I quickly examined his face.

 

 

He is wearing an impassive look, face void of emotions but I know that inside, he is sorrowful. I don’t know why but I just knew as I looked deep into his eyes.

 

 

I looked behind h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter