10/11/15

Dear Diary

October 11, 2015

 

Dear diary,

 

Ok, so my mom is the kind of mom that is very stereotypical to the point where it’s not even like… funny… The other day I said I wanted to get a bob and chop off my long hair and she gasped. Of course, I have beautiful hair, so it’s not surprising that she’d be like shocked or sad… but that wasn’t even the main thing. She immediately says “You’ll look like a dike!” First of all… it’s not like I’m going to shave the sides of my head and get a boy cut… I literally want a bob cut (which literally every girl has one point of their life). So like it wasn’t even funny that she said that. She used a very offensive word for lesbian, and being lez… that just doesn’t sit well. Secondly, that’s kind of stereotypical, saying that all lesbians cut their hair, which not all of them do. Some keep their hair long like a princess and only the tomboy-ish ones cut their hair shorter (I’m not exactly sure because I don’t really want to cut my hair shorter than a bob). But yeah, it made me a little mad… she won’t let me cut my hair… but we made a compromise.

Right on my graduation, I’m going to cut it before the ceremony and whatever I cut off I’m going to donate it to cancer! Might as well do it if I’m going to cut my hair. So now it’s time to wait for my hair to get longer! As you can see… nothing really happened this last week… it’s been pretty boring.

Well, until next time when I do more stuff!

 

EunHa