Chapter 39

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone! It’s been awhile. I hope everyone’s doing fine.

I apologize for the sudden disappearance and making everyone wait. It’s been a hectic months for me. I’ve been so caught up in my study.

 

One thing you should know, I’ve a clear storyline for this so I will definitely finish this story.

I will try my best to update. I’ll never leave you.

Please be patient on me :)

 

Thank you for your understanding. Here’s the continuation of Kris and Jinah’s story.

 

CHAPTER 39 – THE GRAND NIGHT

 

The grand final night has come. All of the contestants have prepared themselves on the backstage. Today, as their final challenge, they will do the fashion show. They will presenting work from Calla Lily fashion house, one of the best and famous brand from South Korea. They will do the catwalk on the runway while wearing gown, evening dress and casual outfit.

“Jinah? Jinah?!” Alex’s faint voice got louder and louder. He waved his hands several times in front of her.

Jinah broke from her trance. “Yes?”

“Are you okay?” Alex asked in concerned because she looked so restless.

“Yes, I’m okay,” Jinah answered lightly.

“Is there any problem?” Alex inquired.

“Nothing. I’m just a bit nervous,” Jinah smiled in reassurance.

Alex narrowed his eyes. “Baby doll, don’t be nervous. You know there’s a reason why I do your make up and styling you personally. It’s because I saw your potentials. You’re my muse in this contest,” Alex turned Jinah’s seat to face him and gave her some encouragement word. True to his words, since he did Jinah’s makeover yesterday, he put a lot of attention on Jinah and personally asked to prepare her look for the grand final.

“Thank you, Alex. You’re so kind. But it can’t be help to be nervous,” Jinah pouted to him. “I mean... it’s normal, isn’t it? This is the grand final,” Jinah said in small voice.

Alex nodded in understanding. “Yes, it’s normal. Just do your best and keep faith on yourself!” He encouraged.

Jinah only smiled a little bit at him as response, but it didn’t reach her eyes. Truthfully, the reason why she was being restless is not because the grand final night, but because the news she just learned yesterday about Kris.

“I don’t know if this can make you feel less nervous, but I want to share some secret to you. Tonight the contestants who get choose to top 10 will be announce right before the show begin. The top ten will be pose at the end of the show with the signature work while the designer walk down the stage,” Alex informed. “I peeked the evaluation and based on your score during your training days compared to another South Korean contestant and other contestants from other countries, you will get one of the place in top ten,” Alex continued as he winked at Jinah at the end.

“Really?” Jinah perked up.

“Really! So stop put on that expression and start smiling. You’ll do fine!” Alex said as he pumped his fist up in the air.

Jinah genuinely smiled at him. “Thank you, Alex. You’re so kind to me,”

Alex came closer to hug her. “Oh baby doll, don’t mention it. I can feel you’re a very good soul. Besides, I’m not that kind, you know. If you ever saw me in deadline, you’ll never said that,” He said as he draw an imaginary horn above his head.

Jinah can’t help to laugh hearing Alex’s joke. His word at least calm her a little bit for the night. She should focused on the grand final. Well, it’s time to break a leg!

 

 

30 minutes before the show, everything are so hectic and everybody are busy at the backstage. All the contestants already have their make up on. Some still do their hair and some others are waiting to be dress by the stylist.

“Everyone gather around,” Ko So Young, the event host, instructed all contestant to gather around her.

Isabella Kim is right beside her looking so pretty in her coral long-dress that had a slit on one side to her thighs. All contestants followed the instruction and gather around circling Ko So Young and Isabella. The Crews such as stylist, makeup artist and event organizer watch from the side. It’s the time they’re waiting for!

“These racks behind me is outfits from fashion house that you will presenting tonight. Why there are two racks? Well, it’s because this rack is for 10 signature outfits from the house and the other rack is not,” Ko So Young showed the racks behind her to the contestants while smiling.

“We already distributed your outfit for tonight based on the score during your training for this past 2 weeks and also based on our 4 judges’s assessment before,” Isabella announced in graceful tone. “So it means... those who got this signature outfits are in Top Ten,” she ended.

All of the contestants smiling nervously to each other. They held each other hands with the person beside them. Jinah accidently caught Alex’s eyes. Alex folded his arm in front of his chest. He just smiled and winked at Jinah when she looked at him. Unlike before, his eyes didn’t twinkle as before when he encouraged her.

“I’m going to call who get this signature dress one by one,” Ko So Young said as she approached the rack. “Cindy Tan,Taiwan,” Ko So Young announced the first name. Claps automatically sounded in the room.

“Kanika Hoorne, Thailand,”

“Kylie Yang, Philiphine,”

“Xian Nguyen, Vietnam,”

“Tiara Putri, Indonesia,”

“Grace Ivanov, Russia,”

“Mina Watanabe, Japan,”

“Jennifer Smith, Australia,”

“Kaea Campbell, New Zealand,”

“And... the last one belongs to... Min Hyerin, South Korea,”

Min Hyerin gasped in surprised beside Jinah. She quickly took the last signature outfit from the rack and come back to her spot. “I’m in Top Ten?” Hyerin asked in disbelief to Jinah.

“You are! Congratulations, Hyerin-ah,” Jinah reassured and hugged her, eventhough she’s feeling very dissappointed on herself because she didn’t get in to the spot in Top Ten.

“Thank you, Jinah! But seriously I don’t think I deserve this. You are,” Hyerin said to Jinah in hushed tone.

“Eyyyy, what are you talking about. You deserve it. Let’s get dress,” Jinah said as she took her assigned outfit from the ‘non-signature’ rack.

Before go in to the changing room, Jinah caught Alex’s stare again. He smiled and gave a thumbs up to her which she responded with a smile. Alex smiled back but it didn’t reach his eyes. Jinah wonder why and what happen to him. She will ask Alex later.

 

 

Asian Pacific Supermodel Contest 2017 Grand Final Venue, 7:00 PM...

 

“Woah, I don’t know the grand final will be like a fashion show,” Chen exclaimed right after he and the others arrived at the venue.

“It is a fashion show, you . What did you expect? This is a modelling contest,” Hyuna rolled her eyes to him.

“Well, I don’t have any idea because this is my first time to attend this kind of event,” Chen shrugged his shoulder.

Suho led them to their signed seats in VIP areas on the frontline near the stage. The others followed him in silence. Hyuna and Chen were still bickering on their way. On the way to their seats, they spotted someone in one of the guests crowds.

“Yoona!” Luhan hollers the name.

Yoona turned toward the person who call out her name. She wore a pink knee-length dress. A smile automatically spread on her face when she saw Jinah’s friends. She approached the flocks with graceful steps.

“Hello noona!” Sehun greeted Yoona right after she stood in front of them.

“Hey guys, I don’t know you’re going to come,” Yoona said as she observed everyone. “But it seem like someone didn’t show up,” She narrowed her eyes to Baekhyun who happened to stand the closest to her.

Baekhyun glanced at his friends in nervous. “Errr.... yeah... Kris hyung didn’t come. He should take care of something important in Seoul,” He explained.

“I hope that related to the scandalous news between him and Hwang Miyoung,” Yoona stated as she lifted one of her eyebrows and folded her arms in front of her chest.

“It is,” Myungsoo replied this time. “I and Suho hyung helped him, noona,”

“He better be,” Yoona said as she lifted her chin. “Before everything turned to be more complicated,”

“Don’t worry, noona. Everything will be alright,” Chanyeol commented as he exchanges glance with Eunji who stood beside him.

“Did your parents know?” Xiumin inquired.

“Of course they know. They saw the news. It’s everywhere. I’ve told them it’s just a misunderstanding and they believed. They believed Kris won’t do those kind of things to Jinah,” Yoona is still folding her arms in front of her chest.

“Thank God if it’s not affecting your parents. We’re afraid the most for them,” Luhan heaved a sigh.

“Yeah, but it was upsetting Jaebum,” Yoona said as she glanced toward the direction where her parents and Jaebum stood. The others followed her sight too.

Krystal giggled. “Kris oppa should work hard to convince him again,”

“Did you meet Jinah yet, noona?” Chanyeol asked.

“No we haven’t,” Yoona pouted. “Maybe after the show,” she shrugged nonchalantly.

“I really miss her! I hope she’ll win this competition!” Hyuna commented.

“I hope so. I also hope she doesn’t know yet the ruckus about Kris,” Yoona replied as she glared at Baekhyun who shrink in fear by that glare.

 

 

Jinah walked fast in her plain white shirt and black pants. Her ponytail hair bounce following her movement. She only need to change on the dress for the grand final show. But before that, she needs to go to restroom. She speeds off in her heels and accidently collide with someone when she was turning to the corner of the corridor.

“Sorry… Joesonghamnida…,” Jinah apologized as she kept bowing, then she started to walk again toward the restroom. She didn’t want to make the stylist waiting too long for her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter