Chapter 12

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12 – BIRTHDAY

 

If you asked Jinah about her favorite month, she certainly is going to answer September right away. The reason is simple. First, September is the start of her favorite season which is autumn. Second but the most important one, September is her birth month. She claimed that September is her month. Her birthday is in the 14th day of September. And the day is today!

Jinah always prepares herself nicely in her every birthday. Today she wears one of her nicest outfit and curls her hair. You always want to look the best on your birthday photos. That is her motivation.

P.s : Imagine that she only bring the red bag

 

Jinah makes her way downstairs to the dining room where her father, Jaebum and Yoona had sat nicely to have their breakfast. While her mother and their one and only house-helper aunty, busy in the kitchen that directly connected to dining area.

“Happy birthday, Appa~” Jinah hugs and kisses her father's cheek affectionately.

Her father stops reading his morning newspaper and hugs Jinah back. “Happy Birthday to you too, Nana~” Her father kisses Jinah’s forehead.

Beside bearing the last name and looking a lot like her father, Jinah also has the same birthday as him. When she was a kid, Yoona always by saying that she was actually their father’s twin and already an old lady until Jinah cried and complained to their father.

Jinah always feels more special toward their father. Because beside the similarity of her looks and birthday with him, Jinah is the only one who got a nickname from their father. He sometimes calls her ‘Nana’. Jaebum also sometimes just called Jinah with ‘Nana’ to differentiate her with Yoona, who has the absolute term and being called as Noona. But the original of Jinah’s nickname ‘Nana’, is from their father.

“Happy birthday Appa~ Nana~,” Yoona and Jaebum cooed from their seats.

Their mother brings a white-icing cake with many candles to the dining table. “Happy birthday my two stars~” she kisses both of her husband’s and Jinah’s cheeks. “Make a wish and hurry blow the candles before it melts!”

 

Jinah hurriedly closes her eyes and make a wish. She opens her eyes and looks at her father also had made a wish. Then they blow the candles together. Her mother, Yoona and Jaebum clap in unison. Their father slices the cake then divide it to all of the house occupants. Soon Aunty Kang, the house helper, brings the seaweeds soup to the table. It’s a tradition for them to serve and eat seaweed soup on someone birthday.

“Happy birthday my only sister,” Yoona congratulated Jinah once more before they enter their shared car. “Here is my present~” She gives a medium-sized box to Jinah.

“Awww… thank you Eonnie. Can I open it, now?” Jinah asked expectantly. Yoona nodded. Jinah open the box gift and gasps when she looks what inside. “Sephora Blockbuster Makeup Palette and brush set! Eonnieeeee… Thanks a lot!” Jinah hugs Yoona tightly.

“Yes... But in exchange, you have to use that gift wisely. For example, do my make up for my 1st anniversary on December,” Yoona smiles cheekily.

“No problem, eonnie!” Jinah saluted Yoona.

“My turn! Nana, my one of beautiful noona, happy birthday,” Jaebum hugs Jinah and then gives his gift to her.

“Awww… even Jaebum give me a gift. Thank you, my dongsaeng!” Jinah hardly wraps her arms on Jaebum’s shoulder because he’s taller than her. Jinah opens Jaebum’s gift and gasps once more. He gave her a Zara clutch bag. “Thanks a lot Jae!!!” Jinah shifts her arm to wrap Jaebum's waist and completely hug him. Jaebum only chuckles while hugs her back.

Then Jinah quickly excuses herself to save their gift on her shared bedroom with Yoona. Her parent’s gift has settled on the bedroom since yesterday, which is a new rize elevation adjustable bed that can vibrate and used as massager. A new set of bedcover completes the gift from her parent.

When they are going to school, Jinah gets a privilege to sit on the back seat, where Yoona usually sit on it. Jaebum drives for them. That’s the third and last reason why Jinah loves September. She can get many gifts and being treated differently in a good way. Like a boss or like a queen you named it.

 

 

Jinah only has two schedules today. All of her classes are before lunch time. She just attended her first class. Now she walks to another studio where her next class is located. From the moment she arrives at school, she haven’t meet her friends. They also haven’t congratulated birthday to her. Either directly or indirect, via messages or calls. Fortunately, Hyuna is her classmates in that class. She have more similar schedule with Hyuna, than with Myungsoo, considering the three of them have the same major.

"Happy birthday, Jinah!” Hyuna loudly shouts when Jinah sat beside her. Making most of their classmates look at their direction and can’t help to also congratulate Jinah.

Jinah said thanks to all of her classmates who congratulated her. Then she turned back toward Hyuna “I thought you forgot today is my birthday, no one congratulate me, except my family. Even our LINE group chats are so quiet,” Jinah pouted.

Hyuna chuckles “Sweetie, we’ll never forget your birthday. Maybe they just caught up in their class," Jinah still pouting. "Come on... Today is your birthday. Don't pout like that," Hyuna persuaded.

 

The class passed by just likes that. Jinah still don't get any birthday greetings from her friends.

"Oh, Kyungsoo invite us to his new cafe. He told in our LINE group chat," Hyuna said while checking her phone.

It's been a week they unite with EXO and they become closer to each other than before. They even made LINE groups to chat among themselves.

"He said the foods are on the house! Yeayy... Free food!" Hyuna cheered.

Jinah also checks her phone and read the recent chat from Kyungsoo in silent. Below that group chat, it's her chat with Kris. The two of them constantly chat with each other in private chat room since a week ago. Their latest chat is last night about saying good night to each other.

"Let' get there. I don’t have class anymore," Hyuna excitedly tells Jinah and grabs her arm.

"But how do we get there? We don't know the cafe's exact location," Jinah said. Suddenly become sulky and moody.

"Let's ask someone to give us lift to there," Hyuna suggested. She quickly types in the chat rooms asking if someone can give a lift to them.

Not long after that, Lay responded to Hyuna that he can gift them a lift to there. He said to meet him in music lobby, his department building. When Jinah and Hyuna arrive at their meeting point, Lay is already there, talking with two boys with guitars on their shoulders. Lay also carry one on his shoulder.

Lay spotted Hyuna and Jinah then he said goodbye to the boys. "Hello, ladies!" Lay greets when he has approached Hyuna and Jinah.

"Hello Lay oppa," Hyuna and Jinah greet him back.

"Let's get going. The others might be already arrived there. If I'm not mistaken only me and Kai has two classes today," Lay said while walking to the parking lot.

Jinah and Hyuna follow Lay in quiet. They look like two chickens follow their mother's hen.

Lay brings them to his signature purple vehicles. He stops right in front of the car and seems looking for something. "I forgot where I put my car key," Lay searching his jeans pockets. "Can you hold this for me?" Lay asked Hyuna to hold his guitar case.

Lay continue to search the car keys in his bag. He puts his bag on the car hood and back facing them. That's the moment Jinah saw it.

"Lay oppa, it's on your jeans back pocket," Jinah points out the hanging car key on the back pocket of Lay's jeans. Fortunately, Prime University is safe and has high security. If the pickpockets freely walking around in this school, with Lay's forgetfulness, the car might be has gone now.

"Oh, pardon my forgetfulness, ladies," Lay said while grabs the car key from his back pocket.

Hyuna chuckled. "Oppa! You are so funny."

Lay, Hyuna and Jinah quickly get in the car. Jinah is on the passenger seat and Hyuna on the back. Lay drives off from the school ground.

10 minutes later, they arrive at Kyungsoo's newly opened cafe. It's a bit crowded because there are grand opening special promo price. Plus it's owned by Do family which renowned as their tasty foods. So it attracts more customers.

Kyungsoo immediately welcomed them. Hyuna asked Jinah to order for her, she excused herself to the restroom. She said she will eat whatever Jinah ordered for her. As long as they're free food she is contented.

"I'll order fish for you," Jinah joked. Knowing Hyuna really hate fish.

"You dare! I trust your taste, Jinah," Hyuna immediately leave Jinah and Lay to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo brings them to the upstairs where the others are. He has reserved one of the VIP lounge for them. The VIP lounge is like a private room. If you want some privacy, this lounge is the right choice. There are Luhan, Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter